ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Cassell/Weis & the passing game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=236499)

Cosmos 11-07-2010 11:55 PM

Cassell/Weis & the passing game

To to me it's clear Cassell has always been the type of quarterback that struggles with quick decision making.

Last year this resulted in tons of negative plays, sacks and turnovers. We were beating ourselves, in large part because of poor QB play.

This year Weis comes in to fix the QB and the offense.His fix appears to be, above all else, eliminate negative passing plays and turnovers.

This requires limiting Cassells time and options on passing plays and focus on getting the ball out of his hands quickly.

It's because Cassell is limited physically and mentally that this is our best chance to win week in and week out. To not let Cassell screw it up.

It's also why we see Cassell only look at a single receiver and throw it in this one direction, or to a checkdown on the same side of the field.

This team will win some games by coaching and game planning around Cassels weaknesses, and at the same time the team is going to lose games because your passing game is essentially run on 1/2 of the field each play IMO.

ChiefsrGood 11-07-2010 11:57 PM

Cassel*

TinyEvel 11-08-2010 12:12 AM

Know why I know Cassel sucks?

Cuz that's how I play Madden. I only use a couple of familiar plays, slants, mostly, and immediately throw to the guy who's the "circle" button.

I always get my ass kicked and never can get a first down.

MeatRock 11-08-2010 02:52 AM

Yea Cassell sucks, but it would be nice to have more than 1 receiver on the field to throw to. Chambers is "DONE". Pack up your panties Chambers and GTFO! We need more wideouts.

We have no up and comers at the position that can come into a game and produce like a Jacoby Ford, Miles Austin or a Mike Williams waiting in the wings. We have NOTHING but Bowe at the wide receiver position. That has to change.

Fritz88 11-08-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 7157874)
Know why I know Cassel sucks?

Cuz that's how I play Madden. I only use a couple of familiar plays, slants, mostly, and immediately throw to the guy who's the "circle" button.

I always get my ass kicked and never can get a first down.

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

Molitoth 11-08-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 7157975)
Yea Cassell sucks, but it would be nice to have more than 1 receiver on the field to throw to. Chambers is "DONE". Pack up your panties Chambers and GTFO! We need more wideouts.

We have no up and comers at the position that can come into a game and produce like a Jacoby Ford, Miles Austin or a Mike Williams waiting in the wings. We have NOTHING but Bowe at the wide receiver position. That has to change.

I'm sorry but receivers can't catch balls that are thrown way over thier heads. Get a fucking clue, QB's make the receivers, not the other way around.

Deberg_1990 11-08-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeatRock (Post 7157975)

Not that they are anything special, but maybe thats why we are seeing guys like Verran Tucker and Copper get more playing time.

Deberg_1990 11-08-2010 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 7158116)
Get a fucking clue, QB's make the receivers, not the other way around.

Cant argue with that. Look how many no name recievers Manning and Rivers have made look good.

Sofa King 11-08-2010 08:52 AM

Everytime i see Weis throw on 3rd and 1 or 2, i want to drive down there and choke his fat ass out.

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7158127)
Everytime i see Weis throw on 3rd and 1 or 2, i want to drive down there and choke his fat ass out.

Why? B/c you were so effective running on those downs?

Face it, LIKE I SAID, you guys just aren't a very good team. WE GAVE YOU THE GAME. Jason Campbell was your MVP the first half but our defense said no. You couldn't run the ball for shit and you could only pass on Johnson.

Not only that, where are the posters now that say Flowers is better than Nnamdi? A rookie 4th round pick just threw up 170 yards on you guys and a lot were beating Flowers and when the game was on the line in OT, Flowers blew it..... to a rookie 4th round pick and a terrible QB. Yeah, Flowers has still yet to arrive.

Good teams win games they're supposed to. We GAVE YOU THE GAME, again but you didn't want it. Our defensive line shut your offensive line down. We hit our gaps, we stopped your supposed best running attack and that's all it is.

I'm not too surprised it happened though. When you don't want the games w/ any bias, you can see things for the way they are. You guys just aren't very good. I'm not here to kick you while you're down but I definitely deserve some shots after all the bullshit I had to see come off people's keyboards last week. "Flowers > Nnamdi" EL OH MOTHER****ING EL.

Garcia Bronco 11-08-2010 09:52 AM

Weis is not a good OC IMO. Romeo is a great coach and gets the results and if not for the latter we wouldn't know Weis name.

BigMeatballDave 11-08-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTagg7754 (Post 7158202)

Face it, LIKE I SAID, you guys just aren't a very good team. WE GAVE YOU THE GAME. Jason Campbell was your MVP the first half but our defense said no. You couldn't run the ball for shit and you could only pass on Johnson.

Not only that, where are the posters now that say Flowers is better than Nnamdi? A rookie 4th round pick just threw up 170 yards on you guys and a lot were beating Flowers and when the game was on the line in OT, Flowers blew it..... to a rookie 4th round pick and a terrible QB. Yeah, Flowers has still yet to arrive.

Good teams win games they're supposed to. We GAVE YOU THE GAME, again but you didn't want it. Our defensive line shut your offensive line down. We hit our gaps, we stopped your supposed best running attack and that's all it is.

I'm not too surprised it happened though. When you don't want the games w/ any bias, you can see things for the way they are. You guys just aren't very good. I'm not here to kick you while you're down but I definitely deserve some shots after all the bullshit I had to see come off people's keyboards last week. "Flowers > Nnamdi" EL OH MOTHER****ING EL.

Enjoy this win, because you're gonna lose the next 3-4 games.

blaise 11-08-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Your mom is a prostitute.

Molitoth 11-08-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Hey man, I agree the chiefs aren't very good...
If I was any team in the league, I would also stack the box and shut the running game down and force Cassel to try and complete passes (something he can't do).

But in all honesty, the Raiders are NOT a good team either. Your QB play stinks, (although I would take Campbell of Cassel)... and you guys shoot yourselves in the foot with reerun-like penalties all the time. If you morons would erase the penalties and get a pretty good QB, then I would maybe say the raiders are a GOOD TEAM.

The fact that the chiefs lost to a team that isn't GOOD, makes them that much worse.

Personally I'm really scared that this loss is going to shut down the chiefs momentum, confidence, and ability to finish this season on the top of the AFC west. Say hello to San Diego winning the conference again.... it won't be the raiders or chiefs.

JTagg7754 11-08-2010 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 7158214)
Enjoy this win, because you're gonna lose the next 3-4 games.

Never said we wouldn't nor did I ever say we were a good football team. I said you guys aren't which I'm very right about.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the ****ing Chargers win this division still.