ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Augusta National and The Masters in Tiger Woods 12 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239620)

Jerm 01-04-2011 09:58 AM

Augusta National and The Masters in Tiger Woods 12

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=5987199

I'm shocked...never thought I'd see the day.

Game drops March 29th.

Hopefully they include the Par 3 course and contest in as well.

Either way this game is definitely a must buy now.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-04-2011 10:07 AM

HA HA. Someone told me (last year, I think) that this would never happen.

ROFL

Jerm 01-04-2011 10:12 AM

I never thought it would either but Augusta is doing all kinds of stuff now that even 5 years ago they'd laugh off...its weird.

I play the hell out of Augusta on TW 08 PC...be awesome to play it on a console, in HD.

CoMoChief 01-04-2011 12:06 PM

sweet, love TW golf.

played the shit out of '11

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2011 02:09 PM

Bought my copy today. Gonna fire it up in a little while.

Saulbadguy 03-29-2011 02:25 PM

I may be interested in trying this out with Playstation Move.

Hootie 03-29-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7524985)
Bought my copy today. Gonna fire it up in a little while.

let me know what you think...I am looking to buy this for the 360 or The Show for PS3

Jerm 03-29-2011 02:34 PM

Agreed...impressions ASAP please Hamas.

Apparently you can't fully turn off the Caddie, would suck if true.

OnTheWarpath15 03-29-2011 03:26 PM

Just got home with my copy as well, but won't be able to get to it until 6:00 or so.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2011 04:22 PM

The caddie is a little redundant after a while, but I can see how it helps when your stats suck early in the game. Putting is really random on early levels, but it's pretty easy to hit accurate shots into the greens.

The days of endless power boosting and spin are gone, save for the lowest level. You can use them, but it takes up your "focus", of which you only have so much. I like that feature.

You also don't have to pay for equipment, you gain it from building prestige with your sponsors. I like that touch too, as I'm a Ping guy, and don't want to play other clubs.

Pitch shots, at least early in the game, are very difficult, and the results of your shots have some variance in them, which mirrors the real game.

Probably the most realistic golf sim I've ever played. You could turn it on Amateur and shoot in the 40s I'm betting, but it's current setup is a nice mixture of realism with reward.

The Gameface rendering is very accurate, too.

OnTheWarpath15 03-29-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 7525284)
The caddie is a little redundant after a while, but I can see how it helps when your stats suck early in the game. Putting is really random on early levels, but it's pretty easy to hit accurate shots into the greens.

The days of endless power boosting and spin are gone, save for the lowest level. You can use them, but it takes up your "focus", of which you only have so much. I like that feature.

You also don't have to pay for equipment, you gain it from building prestige with your sponsors. I like that touch too, as I'm a Ping guy, and don't want to play other clubs.

Pitch shots, at least early in the game, are very difficult, and the results of your shots have some variance in them, which mirrors the real game.

Probably the most realistic golf sim I've ever played. You could turn it on Amateur and shoot in the 40s I'm betting, but it's current setup is a nice mixture of realism with reward.

The Gameface rendering is very accurate, too.

Good to hear that the game is more sim than arcade.

Shooting 53 at Pebble was getting old.

L.A. Chieffan 03-29-2011 04:26 PM

is there a lock cellphone option?

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2011 04:33 PM

Depending on the difficulty of the shot, the caddie will break out the Johnny Miller/Mark Sanchez green/yellow/red light system.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2011 04:51 PM

So, as you do better on the course, your caddie becomes less of a shitload of ****. That's nice. Earlier, the sumbitch couldn't read a green to save his life.

OnTheWarpath15 03-29-2011 05:22 PM

Working on the GameFace now. Takes forever.