ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Studebaker thinks lockout will be blocked soon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244177)

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-21-2011 08:44 AM

Studebaker thinks lockout will be blocked soon

studie32 Andy Studebaker
The lockout could be blocked soon!
22 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Sofa King 04-21-2011 08:45 AM

In b4 the hate

RockChalk 04-21-2011 08:48 AM

Both sides are full of greedy douchebags. I'll believe its over when something official is announced from the NFL and Players Union

Chiefnj2 04-21-2011 08:52 AM

A decision is expected on Monday. There will be a request for a stay following an appeal by whoever loses (the owners). It doesn't mean the lockout ends and it is business as usual 11:00 a.m. Monday morning.

Plus, the Manning and Brady attorney's are off the wall and have argued for a complete free market.

Fumblerooski 04-21-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 7581336)
Both sides are full of greedy douchebags. I'll believe its over when something official is announced from the NFL and Players Union

Won't b over, but the judge overseeing the case is expected to rule on the "legality" of the lockout. Most believe she'll rule since there is no players union, the lockout action is a violation of anti-trust laws and make the owners lift the lockout. Then we'll get football, but there'll still not be a CBA at that point.

chiefsnorth 04-21-2011 08:55 AM

I think this should be a prayer thread for the poor dears who will have to find a way to live on the $285,000 league minimum. Maybe we should have a canned food drive...?

RockChalk 04-21-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fumblerooskie (Post 7581347)
Won't b over, but the judge overseeing the case is expected to rule on the "legality" of the lockout. Most believe she'll rule since there is no players union, the lockout action is a violation of anti-trust laws and make the owners lift the lockout. Then we'll get football, but there'll still not be a CBA at that point.

I don't think we'll get football as a result of her rulings. Owners will appeal and it will just result in more time in court. You'd think both sides would realize that the longer they draw this out, the more damage they are doing to the NFL overall.

I barely even follow this crap anymore because it's just annoying at this point.

seaofred 04-21-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 7581354)
I don't think we'll get football as a result of her rulings. Owners will appeal and it will just result in more time in court. You'd think both sides would realize that the longer they draw this out, the more damage they are doing to the NFL overall.

I barely even follow this crap anymore because it's just annoying at this point.

Owners and players don't care what this does to the overall NFL. They just care about what they get out of it. This is far from over.

RockChalk 04-21-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsnorth (Post 7581350)
I think this should be a prayer thread for the poor dears who will have to find a way to live on the $285,000 league minimum. Maybe we should have a canned food drive...?

I've been saving money every month so that I can help feed and provide care for their poor children

BigMeatballDave 04-21-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fumblerooskie (Post 7581347)

This happened in the 80s. There was an injunction and the Lockout was lifted and business resumed under previous CBA guidelines. A new CBA wasnt ratified until 1993.

BigMeatballDave 04-21-2011 09:10 AM

From Wiki:

Quote:

Returning to collective bargaining

The settlement was presented to and approved by the judge who had heard the McNeil antitrust case in 1993. Once the agreement was approved the NFLPA reconstituted itself as a labor union and entered into a new collective bargaining agreement with the league. The NFLPA and the league have extended their 1993 agreement five times, most recently in March 2006 when it was extended through the 2011 season after the NFL owners voted 30-2 to accept the NFLPA's final proposal. However, in May 2008 the owners decided to opt out of this agreement and play the 2010 without a bargaining agreement in place. This means the 2010 season was played without a salary cap (or floor), and there is the looming possibility of no play at all in 2011 if an agreement cannot be reached. A point of contention between the owners and the NFLPA is removing two pre-season games and making them regular-season games, bringing the total number of regular season games to eighteen. Another major topic is former-player insurance after any player has retired.

The Bad Guy 04-21-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7581341)
A decision is expected on Monday. There will be a request for a stay following an appeal by whoever loses (the owners). It doesn't mean the lockout ends and it is business as usual 11:00 a.m. Monday morning.

Plus, the Manning and Brady attorney's are off the wall and have argued for a complete free market.

Of course they have. The Mannings and Bradys don't give a rat's ass about the middle-tier FA's that a system like that would affect.

If the NFL ever went to a free market, I'd never watch another minute again.

Chiefnj2 04-21-2011 09:13 AM

I don't know if it is in the Judge's power or not, but if you want to end this immediately, make a ruling that the NFL violates antitrust laws and each team is a separate entity free to do what it wants. That means, no draft, no free agency, teams are free to sign who they want for what they want. That would get both sides to the table quickly.