ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Staring Slack Jawed At The Screen (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244478)

Chiefnj2 04-28-2011 09:54 AM

Staring Slack Jawed At The Screen

In 2009 it was the first round with T. Jax. In 2010, for many, it was the second round with Dexter McCluster.

No doubt, at some point in the draft you will sit slack jawed staring at the television screen, or computer monitor, wondering why the hell the Chiefs picked [insert name of horrible reach/talentless player].

What round will it be this year, and who will the pick be?

DJ's left nut 04-28-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7598476)
In 2009 it was the first round with T. Jax. In 2010, for many, it was the second round with Dexter McCluster.

No doubt, at some point in the draft you will sit slack jawed staring at the television screen, or computer monitor, wondering why the hell the Chiefs picked [insert name of horrible reach/talentless player].

I get the idea it's going to come right about the time the ticker says something like:

....21 - Kansas City Chiefs: Danny Watkins, (G - Baylor).....

And you know it'll be the ticker because the draft will go to commercial right as our pick is due.

OnTheWarpath15 04-28-2011 09:59 AM

Yeah, there are a lot of guys I'm probably going to be disappointed with at 21, but Watkins will be a Tyson Jackson-esque pick.

Dude has talent, but I hate taking a RT in the first, much less one that's going to be 27 years old as a rookie.

Terrible value, which is why I'll be disappointed, but not shocked if he's the pick.

Saccopoo 04-28-2011 10:00 AM

When they piss away another fifth round pick to trade up for a tight end.

Brock 04-28-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 7598499)
When they piss away another fifth round pick to trade up for a tight end.

LMAO

WHOSE THIS BROKAKI??!!!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04-28-2011 10:07 AM

Why the **** do I keep reading about Watkins on here? It is making me uneasy.

Saccopoo 04-28-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7598494)
Yeah, there are a lot of guys I'm probably going to be disappointed with at 21, but Watkins will be a Tyson Jackson-esque pick.

Dude has talent, but I hate taking a RT in the first, much less one that's going to be 27 years old as a rookie.

Terrible value, which is why I'll be disappointed, but not shocked if he's the pick.

I don't think that would be a "terrible value" pick. The guy is talented, was successful against guys who have gone or are going to go high in the draft as the top pass rushers and is being projected as a potential five position player on the offensive line.

And that he's played the left tackle position and was successful at doing so - unlike Tyron Smith, who, despite his athleticism and "potential" never managed to get slotted to the left side of the line during his playing time at USC. That's a bigger red flag to me than Watkin's age, which is the same as Branden Albert, who hasn't shown dick so far in his short career at left tackle.

It's the same reason why I liked Zane Beadles in last years draft - the guy was really good and had the potential to play numerous positions on the line. Quality and versatility combined with proven production at the college level. Not much to bitch about when you've got a team like the Chiefs who have a lot of question marks across the entire offensive line.

Brock 04-28-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon_Pie (Post 7598521)

I think Mayock selected him for the Chiefs.

The Franchise 04-28-2011 10:28 AM

Good Slack Jaw: If we take a QB (except Locker) or trade up for Julio Jones.

Bad Slack Jaw: Danny Watkins or Nate Solder.

El Jefe 04-28-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7598476)

Round F'ing 1 if we trade up for Pouncey.

El Jefe 04-28-2011 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemon_Pie (Post 7598521)

Makes me want to:

RealSNR 04-28-2011 11:25 AM

Trading up for ANY offensive lineman will make me drive-by shoot the entire neighborhood

And I guess that would make me slack-jawed

eazyb81 04-28-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7598531)
I think Mayock selected him for the Chiefs.

So did Scott Wright in his final mock.

:huh:

ChiefMojo 04-28-2011 12:48 PM

If we select Watkins in the 1st round I'll be slack jawed. I would be OK with Solder, but not excited. With the likes of Carimi, Ayers, Taylor or someone that fell to us unexpected... I would be ecstatic!

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-28-2011 01:09 PM

I'd melt down if we took a third round player like Danny Watkins at 21.

I'd be mildly disappointed in Carimi. I would react like Eeyore.

I really, really hope we take a defensive player with our first pick.