ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Barry Bonds will pay college bills for Bryan Stow’s children (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=245505)

Deberg_1990 05-25-2011 09:17 PM

Barry Bonds will pay college bills for Bryan Stow’s children

:clap:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...urn=mlb-wp7656

Over the past 20 years, Barry Bonds has been met with large amounts of both praise and criticism for nearly every move he has made.

Well, here's a move that both sides should finally be able to agree on: Bonds has pledged to pay any future college bills for the two grade-school age children of Bryan Stow, the single father and San Francisco Giants fan who was beaten into a coma by two men after attending the opening night game at Dodger Stadium on March 31.

That little heartwarming nugget was revealed by Stow's attorney Thomas Girardi — and first reported by NBC Bay Area — as he announced a lawsuit against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday for allegedly providing inadequate security at the stadium that night.

Girardi said that donations already made by generous fans of the Giants, Dodgers and other teams will be passed onto other charities if their lawsuit is successful. But the hefty gift from Bonds? Well, that means so much to Stow's family that it's the one they definitely plan on keeping.

One of the coolest parts about this donation is that Bonds made it over a month ago when he visited Stow in a Southern California hospital on April 22. No mention was made to the media then and it looks like it would have still been a secret had Girardi not revealed it to the media. Even if you've always been a Bonds hater, there's no way you can say this wasn't done for all the right reasons.

Well played, sir.

Braincase 05-25-2011 09:23 PM

Meanwhile, at Barry Bond's home, Barry exclaimed during a phone conversation with Thomas Girardi, "You told them I would do WHAT?!?!?!?!?! M***** F*****!!! I AM GOING TO KICK YO ASS!!!!!"

Braincase 05-25-2011 09:23 PM

But seriously, if Bonds offered to do that, it's pretty cool .

milkman 05-25-2011 09:24 PM

Pledged?

Put some money into a college trust fund, and I'll believe it.

Promises are broken every day.

kysirsoze 05-25-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Even if you've always been a Bonds hater, there's no way you can say this wasn't done for all the right reasons.
Not sure about that, but good for him anyway. I can't imagine how relieving that is to his family.

kysirsoze 05-25-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7663391)
Pledged?

Heh. Good point.

Marcellus 05-25-2011 09:28 PM

I would be pissed if a family meber was beat into a coma at a ballgame but to sue for Inadequate Security?

What stadium could have prevented that from happening? It didn't happen in the concourse did it?

Some shit is not anybodies fault except the assholes involved. How about the people who watched it happen?

kysirsoze 05-25-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7663396)
I would be pissed if a family meber was beat into a coma at a ballgame but to sue for Inadequate Security?

What stadium could have prevented that from happening? It didn't happen in the concourse did it?

Some shit is not anybodies fault except the assholes involved. How about the people who watched it happen?

Am I getting things mixed up, or was the fight over fairly quickly? At least the brain damage part was I thought. I seem to remember it was the sucker punch and busting his head on the curb as he fell that did the real damage. No security is gonna stop something like that.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 05-25-2011 10:03 PM

Scott's Tots!

BIG_DADDY 05-25-2011 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7663391)
Pledged?

Whatever. Yea I am sure he really gives a flying **** what you or anyone else believes. Why don't you try helping somebody that really needs it instead of pointing your self-riteous judgemental finger at those that do.

Dante84 05-25-2011 10:17 PM

Roid Rage?

CrazyPhuD 05-25-2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7663396)

What are you talking about? Are you sure you're really american? Our society isn't about doing what's right, it's all about getting yours. The reality is the settlement from the suit will be more than they can get from winning against the actual criminals. Even if there's only a 5% chance of winning they'll still settle.

Just Passin' By 05-25-2011 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 7663494)
Whatever. Yea I am sure he really gives a flying **** what you or anyone else believes. Why don't you try helping somebody that really needs instead of pointing your self-riteous judgemental finger at those that do.

Quote:

That means Kickstarter projects overall have a 43 percent success rate, and 85 percent of money that is pledged ends up being collected.
http://techcrunch.com/2011/04/28/kic...er-53-million/

Quote:

Furthermore, only 63.6 percent of the money pledged for 2010 has been disbursed, according to the U.N special envoy for Haiti. The Haiti money train tends to take two different tracks. There is the money that was raised and donated shortly after the earthquake. That money has been spent on emergency relief efforts. And then there are billions pledged by foreign nations, most of which may not now be disbursed after all, according to many officials with knowledge of the process.
http://newsone.com/world/newsonestaf...lief-money-go/

It's not as if Milkman doesn't have a point.

KC_Connection 05-25-2011 10:28 PM

But he took steroids in the steroids era. The media tells me that makes him a terrible person.

BIG_DADDY 05-25-2011 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 7663519)
But he took steroids in the steroids era. The media tells me that makes him a terrible person.

Amen brother.