ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports If You Could Save Only One (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246613)

vailpass 06-29-2011 03:24 PM

If You Could Save Only One

If you could save only one and the other two dissapeared forever which would you save?
The NBA
The US Soccer Team
NFL Pre-Season Games

Deberg_1990 06-29-2011 03:25 PM

NBA by a looooooooong shot

OnTheWarpath15 06-29-2011 03:28 PM

I'd rather watch Pop Warner preseason games than the NBA or Soccer.

sedated 06-29-2011 03:28 PM

US Soccer, but that's not saying much for the other two.

Los Pollos Hermanos 06-29-2011 03:29 PM

I voted for the NBA but I love the US Soccer team.

The Franchise 06-29-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7721652)

This.

milkman 06-29-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7721652)

I'd rather watch paint dry than soccer.

milkman 06-29-2011 03:31 PM

From the NBA lockout thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7721648)
Personally I think the preseason is important to the development of the team when they are just finding their way, and for finding those unexpected gems.

I know most people hate the preseason, and I understand that, but if I had to choose, I would choose the NFL preseason.

Demonpenz 06-29-2011 03:32 PM

Would I rather have aids or super aids

milkman 06-29-2011 03:34 PM

Seriously, I'd rather watch Nascar than soccer.

I'd rather watch college golf than soccer.

CoMoChief 06-29-2011 03:36 PM

NFL pre-season.

Why? NFL Tickets often are free because people give them away because the games are meaningless, however tailgating venues etc. are still a lot of fun to be a part of. You get to see the college studs for the first time in NFL uniforms. It's a good way to find out what the late round picks and UDFA's can do....battles for the last few roster spots, cuts deadlines etc. While the gameplay and competition is vanilla, it's still NFL football, which is the most popular sport in the US.

NBA sucks up until the final few weeks of the season and into the playoffs. Everything before that is garbage, horrible refs, no-calls.....the list goes on. The NBA has sucked ever since MJ retired. I love bball, played it all my life.....NCAA bball is MUCH better, but the NBA is better than, say....NHL, Nascar, and for the sake of this argument, soccer.

Soccer? ROFL...........They have their certain audience, but the sport will not catch onto the average sports fan the way the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and PGA does. Most people in the USA don't give 2 shits about the sport. You'd be hard pressed to find (even the above-average sports fan) that can name 5 professional soccer players. I know I can't...and don't care either, and I think it's safe to say that there are A LOT of US sports fans that feel this way. Soccer is boring, IMO that will never change.

milkman 06-29-2011 03:37 PM

I'd rather watch Survivor reruns than soccer.

Hell I'd rather watch John Goodman and Roseanne Barr humping than soccer.

vailpass 06-29-2011 03:37 PM

So far more people would rather save Gaz' Tequila Rose collection than US Soccer. Twice as many would save NFL pre-season as would save the entire NBA.

An admittedly miniscule sample but trending all the same.

Buck 06-29-2011 03:38 PM

To be honest with you, my sense of patriotism is highest when watching the Olympics and the US Men's National Team.

That's why I chose Soccer.

milkman 06-29-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 7721683)
NFL pre-season.

Why? NFL Tickets often are free because people give them away because the games are meaningless, however tailgating venues etc. are still a lot of fun to be a part of. You get to see the college studs for the first time in NFL uniforms. While the gameplay and competition is vanilla, it's still NFL football, which is the most popular sport in the US.

NBA sucks up until the final few weeks of the season and into the playoffs. Everything before that is garbage, horrible refs, no-calls.....the list goes on. The NBA has sucked ever since Magic and Bird retired.

Soccer? ROFL...........They have their certain audience, but the sport will not catch onto the average sports fan the way the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, and PGA does. Most people in the USA don't give 2 shits about the sport. You'd be hard pressed to find (even the above-average sports fan) that can name 5 professional soccer players. I know I can't...and don't care either, and I think it's safe to say that there are A LOT of US sports fans that feel this way. Soccer is boring, IMO that will never change.

FYP