ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs How many times have you heard it today? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248448)

KCrockaholic 08-13-2011 04:31 PM

How many times have you heard it today?

"Oh same old Chiefs"

"They look like a really bad team this year"

"This is gonna be a looong season"

****in dumbass casual fans. I laugh at them every time I hear it. And I've heard it about 6 times since the game last night.

notorious 08-13-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 7823390)
"Oh same old Chiefs"

"They look like a really bad team this year"

"This is gonna be a looong season"

****in dumbass casual fans. I laugh at them every time I hear it. And I've heard it about 6 times since the game last night.

Ya, it's pretty bad.

Preseason doesn't mean a ****ing thing.

Direckshun 08-13-2011 04:33 PM

I'm like the pointman for the Chiefs among my friends. Most of them like the Chiefs but aren't rabid like me.

All I've been doing since the lockout ended is bragging about how much better this team is going to be because of our draft and free agency moves.

We grab a bunch of beer and watch the game last night, and we put up zero points.

Everybody thinks I'm a ****ing reerun now. Well, even more than usual.

KCrockaholic 08-13-2011 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7823397)
I'm like the pointman for the Chiefs among my friends. Most of them like the Chiefs but aren't rabid like me.

All I've been doing since the lockout ended is bragging about how much better this team is going to be because of our draft and free agency moves.

We grab a bunch of beer and watch the game last night, and we put up zero points.

Everybody thinks I'm a ****ing reerun now. Well, even more than usual.

Kinda the same here man. And I want to explain it to them, but they wont get it, so I don't even bother.

Direckshun 08-13-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 7823402)
Kinda the same here man.

Yeah.

They were duly impressed by Baldwin, however. "I'm a believer" was said numerous times after that hilariously impossible catch Baldwin made.

BossChief 08-13-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 7823395)
Ya, it's pretty bad.

Preseason doesn't mean a ****ing thing.

especially the3 first game in preseason...that is also compounded this year due to the lockout situation.

DaFace 08-13-2011 04:37 PM

The announcers last night didn't help things much when they pretty much ignored the fact that we were playing an entire team of guys who might not make the team by the end of the 1Q and acted like Tampa Bay was awesome for moving down the field.

Bugeater 08-13-2011 04:37 PM

Well there certainly wasn't much from last night's performance that would inspire confidence in the team.

Mr. Flopnuts 08-13-2011 04:38 PM

Yep. It's cool though. I've realized how many football fans don't know nearly what they tthink they know. I rarely bother trying to talk people off the cliff. I just say nothing counts until September 11th.

mnchiefsguy 08-13-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 7823412)
Yep. It's cool though. I've realized how many football fans don't know nearly what they tthink they know. I rarely bother trying to talk people off the cliff. I just say nothing counts until September 11th.

Exactly. I was at work last night, and someone was going off on how awful the team looked and how they did nothing to improve in the offseason. I just smiled and said we'll see what happens. :)

Mojo Jojo 08-13-2011 04:40 PM

And yet I remember back in the day when the Chiefs would go 3-1 or 4-0 in preseason and everyone would get excited that it was the year they would turn the corner and still finish with 4 maybe 5 wins. It is what it is. I was very disappointed in the lack of caring about the game from everyone on the field. A for cry from SD and Seattle the night before.

Deberg_1990 08-13-2011 04:44 PM

heh, alot of fans dont know or understand how to put things in perspective. They only know what they know and if they dont see a win or scoring, then they think its a fail.

I cant blame alot of people for feeling "Same old Chiefs", because basically thats what they have been fed for 40 years, but the past should not be held against Pioli and Haley.

Exoter175 08-13-2011 04:51 PM

Next week Stanzi will drop 50 on the 2's defense and everybody will be all "We're going to the super bowl".

Yes, I just went Kobe/Lebron on this thread :D

Hammock Parties 08-13-2011 04:51 PM

If anyone EVER gives you shit about preseason just tell them you saw Gunther Cunninghm's defense play like the '85 Bears in the 2004 preseason before they ranked dead last in the league.

Chiefnj2 08-13-2011 04:55 PM

Why can Tampa's backups play with fire and intensity but not KC?