ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money Abercrombie offers to pay "The Situation" to NOT wear its clothes. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248588)

Deberg_1990 08-17-2011 09:12 AM

Abercrombie offers to pay "The Situation" to NOT wear its clothes.

Wow, never heard of this...

http://money.cnn.com/2011/08/16/news..._jersey_shore/

Mike "the Situation" Sorrentino may have to find some new attire for his "gym, tan, laundry" routine.

On Tuesday, clothing retailer Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) said it would offer "substantial payment" to MTV's The Jersey Shore's cast members to stop wearing the brand on air.

"We are deeply concerned that Mr. Sorrentino's association with our brand could cause significant damage to our image. We understand that the show is for entertainment purposes, but believe this association is contrary to the aspirational nature of our brand, and may be distressing to many of our fans," an Abercrombie & Fitch spokesperson said in a statement. "We have also extended this offer to other members of the cast, and are urgently waiting a response."

The reality show, currently in its fourth season, features hard-partying and hookups in locations ranging from the show's origin, the Jersey Shore to the current season in Florence, Italy.

The castmates have coined terms like "grenade"-- to refer to an unattractive woman -- and has come under fire for their liberal usage of words like "Guido" and "Guidette," which many have argued as adhering to Italian-American stereotypes.

Abercrombie & Fitch is also no stranger to controversy. The all-American retailer has come under fire in the past for a range of topics ranging from negative stereotyping to sexually explicit material and employment practices.

blaise 08-17-2011 09:15 AM

They prefer more of an upscale suburban douche look, and not the NJ douche look.

The Franchise 08-17-2011 09:15 AM

They still have Affliction.

Sofa King 08-17-2011 09:18 AM

How much would it cost to get MTV to stop doing dumbass shows?

Frazod 08-17-2011 09:19 AM

Are you ****ing serious? I thought their mission was to get teenage girls to dress like whores? Seems like Jersey Shore is the perfect outlet for that message.

DMAC 08-17-2011 09:19 AM

Interesting concept. Get known for being a dipshit. Always wear one brand. Make money NOT being affiliated with said brand.

Huh.

Molitoth 08-17-2011 09:20 AM

Good for A&F.

Their clothes are expensive as hell but they are quality goods. I've still got some heavily used clothes that haven't seen a bit of wear&tear.

A&F's biggest problem in my book is that they advertise the name on their clothes way too much, and I tend to buy clothes with NO logo or brand name pasted all over it.

DanT 08-17-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7831114)
Are you ****ing serious? I thought their mission was to get teenage girls to dress like whores? Seems like Jersey Shore is the perfect outlet for that message.

:clap::)

The Franchise 08-17-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7831116)
Interesting concept. Get known for being a dipshit. Always wear one brand. Make money NOT being affiliated with said brand.

Huh.

Hey....you're a 1/3 of the way there! :D

ToxSocks 08-17-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 7831101)
They prefer more of an upscale suburban douche look, and not the NJ douche look.

Lol This x100.

The Douchebags around here wear Abercrombie, just a different type of douchebag.

Demonpenz 08-17-2011 09:28 AM

I like girls that wear ambercrombie Finch she's been gone since dat summer since that summer.

DMAC 08-17-2011 09:30 AM

I wear presents.

Deberg_1990 08-17-2011 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7831133)
Lol This x100.

The Douchebags around here wear Abercrombie, just a different type of douchebag.

thats what i dont get? Its not like hes the only douche to wear their stuff. IMO Abercrobmie has an inflated opinion of itself.

vailpass 08-17-2011 09:35 AM

A&F is so day before yesterday but I'm with the rest here; poseur is the A&F target market so what's the problem?

Silock 08-17-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 7831142)
I like girls that wear ambercrombie Finch she's been gone since dat summer since that summer.

Chinese food makes me sick.