ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Matt Cassel Goes On NFL Network (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251250)

bevischief 10-13-2011 12:20 PM

Chiefs' Matt Cassel Goes On NFL Network

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2011/1...work#storyjump

Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel was on Around The League with Fran Charles on NFL Network yesterday talking about the 2-3 Chiefs.

Nothing earth shattering in the interview as the usual stuff was hit on: questions about the win at Indy, Dwayne Bowe's play and, of course, the "argument" with Todd Haley (or, as I like to call it, the story that will never die). Cassel also claims he's undefeated in bags, the game they play in the locker room.

Below are some highlights of what he said. View the video here.

Star-divide
On the comeback win at Indy: "It was something that, since I've been here, we haven't responded the way that we did, and to come back from a 17-point deficit, and to continue to grind and overcome the adversity, and walk out of Indy with a win, it was big for this time."

On Dwayne Bowe: "I trust him and we also have other guys making plays as well. Steve Breaston's come in and complemented Dwayne really well this year. It's great to have that tandem."

On the slow start: "We were trying to find the reasons for why we didn't start the way we didn't want to. Going into the season, we thought we were ready to go and it just didn't work out."

More on the slow start: "One of the main problems early on were turnovers. We were able to eliminate turnovers and you see the result, we're in every game."

On the injuries: "That's the same way that I got my start when Tom Brady went down and things went the way that it did. Nobody gave us a chance in New England and I was able to step up and prove myself."

On the bags game: "I'm pretty good, I'm not gonna lie. I haven't lost yet. I keep giving the receivers chances, letting them get up early, and then I come back and dominate."

suzzer99 10-13-2011 12:24 PM

Literally the worst thing that could happen to our team is for Cassel to imitate a serviceable QB for the rest of the season. So of course that's what's going to happen.

loochy 10-13-2011 12:33 PM

THE GAME IS NOT CALLED BAGS. ITS CALLED CORNHOLE

aturnis 10-13-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 7991885)
THE GAME IS NOT CALLED BAGS. ITS CALLED CORNHOLE

Homo's play cornhole. I play bags.

Fritz88 10-13-2011 12:42 PM

Cassel, you defeated a shitty team you dumb ****.

suds79 10-13-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 7991852)
Literally the worst thing that could happen to our team is for Cassel to imitate a serviceable QB for the rest of the season. So of course that's what's going to happen.

Yep. He's the worse kind of QB for us.

Give us an A or an F Matt.

We don't need you hanging around here for 4 more years of C quality QBing.

Sofa King 10-13-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 7991921)
Yep. He's the worse kind of QB for us.

Give us an A or an F Matt.

We don't need you hanging around here for 4 more years of C quality QBing.

You give him a C?

Reerun_KC 10-13-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 7991908)
Homo's play cornhole. I play bags.

I bet you do...

BALLSACK!

suds79 10-13-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7991928)
You give him a C?

As much as I hate him and as much as we know he stinks and is beating up on the bottom feeders, we don't need him hanging round the middle of the league in TQBR.

I just don't want any doubt in mgmt's mind that he needs to be gone after this year.

RustShack 10-13-2011 12:47 PM

WTF is Cornhole? Bags makes way more sense.

aturnis 10-13-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 7991937)
WTF is Cornhole? Bags makes way more sense.

...and sounds SO much less gay.

aturnis 10-13-2011 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReeTodd_KC (Post 7991933)
I bet you do...

BALLSACK!

Damn. You've still got it dumb****. You've still got it.

ToxSocks 10-13-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 7991936)
As much as I hate him and as much as we know he stinks and is beating up on the bottom feeders, we don't need him hanging round the middle of the league in TQBR.

I just don't want any doubt in mgmt's mind that he needs to be gone after this year.

This.

The guy has a knack for beating bad teams. He gives you just enough to believe he's adequate.

The question is whether or not Pioli will settle for an adequate QB?

Will Pioli blame Cassel's inadequacies in big games on his surrounding talent?

Reerun_KC 10-13-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 7991950)
Damn. You've still got it dumb****. You've still got it.

:shrug:

dont know about all that. but it was pretty LMAO

suzzer99 10-13-2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7991928)
You give him a C?

Cassel's absolute ceiling for a tough game or playoff game is probably a D+. For a game against a shitty team we're supposed to beat it's probably a solid B.