ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Do you have NFL Sunday Ticket? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251338)

DaFace 10-16-2011 02:27 PM

Do you have NFL Sunday Ticket?

Since we have no Chiefs football to discuss today, enjoy a nice helping of poll.

Note: If you're not a Chiefs fan, just substitute your own team's name in when responding.

BigMeatballDave 10-16-2011 02:37 PM

Does local=KC?

lcarus 10-16-2011 02:38 PM

I have Sunday Ticket and love it. I live in Tulsa, so they only show Chiefs locally until they start losing or if it interferes with a Cowboys, Vikings, or Rams game.

DaFace 10-16-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 7998897)
Does local=KC?

Local = in an area that carries the Chiefs every time they're playing (except weird stuff like the hurricane game a few years back). I'm not sure what all that includes, but I'd assume that KC, Topeka, Springfield, and Wichita would all qualify at least.

Bugeater 10-16-2011 02:40 PM

Where's the "**** Directv" option?

007 10-16-2011 02:42 PM

Personally, I would rather have a pay per view option for the few weeks there is actually another game on I want to see.

I have no interest in forking over $360 for the entire thing.

Quesadilla Joe 10-16-2011 02:44 PM

reading fail. I'm #3

BigMeatballDave 10-16-2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 7998911)
Where's the "**** Directv" option?

Its not an option when you live out of market.

BigMeatballDave 10-16-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7998905)
Local = in an area that carries the Chiefs every time they're playing (except weird stuff like the hurricane game a few years back). I'm not sure what all that includes, but I'd assume that KC, Topeka, Springfield, and Wichita would all qualify at least.

Thanks. Thought so, but I wasnt sure because I know you're in the Denver area.

crazycoffey 10-16-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 7998901)
I have Sunday Ticket and love it. I live in Tulsa, so they only show Chiefs locally until they start losing or if it interferes with a Cowboys, Vikings, or Rams game.

Agree. I've had DTV almost every year since 99. In dallas and now on St Louie. Expensive but cheaper than a sunday bar tab if you add it all up. 20 bucks a week for 16 weeks equals $320

Jack 10-16-2011 02:59 PM

I purchased this for my PS3.

First week, AFU and couldn't see any games, got a 24.90 refund.

OK for a couple of weeks but slow in getting the steaming vids.

Last week, had to get the Chief's game in the 'Net, They said I didn't have "auto renew" which was BS as that was not an option. Called PSN and was told that I could renew for 113 and some change and would get ~85 buck credit back. That happened, it seems I now must pay 113.25 for the each month for a total of 339.75.

Today the DTV games were there for the early games. For the late games is a error window saying that the vids are not available.

Doesn't appear to be a PSN problem but DTV's bonehead network folks.

Screw polls, heads must roll.

WV 10-16-2011 02:59 PM

I have the Sunday ticket and love it, even for the $$.

Discuss Thrower 10-16-2011 03:02 PM

Have Sunday Ticket for free until next month, and maybe December.

cdcox 10-16-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack (Post 7998996)
I purchased this for my PS3.

First week, AFU and couldn't see any games, got a 24.90 refund.

OK for a couple of weeks but slow in getting the steaming vids.

Last week, had to get the Chief's game in the 'Net, They said I didn't have "auto renew" which was BS as that was not an option. Called PSN and was told that I could renew for 113 and some change and would get ~85 buck credit back. That happened, it seems I now must pay 113.25 for the each month for a total of 339.75.

Today the DTV games were there for the early games. For the late games is a error window saying that the vids are not available.

Doesn't appear to be a PSN problem but DTV's bonehead network folks.

Screw polls, heads must roll.

Dang. Next year, I'm wanting to switch from DTV to cable and get my Sunday Ticket through PS3. DTV reception is marginal at my house due to trees. Right now we have little breeze and it is messing with my reception. My dish is on top of a 8 ft pole, lashed onto the side of my chimney. I tried to upgrade to a HD dish a year or two ago and the techs wouldn't install the larger dish with that arrangement. So I'm stuck with non-HD TV as long as I'm married to DTV to get Sunday Ticket.

I really want another delivery mode for Sunday Ticket.

DaFace 10-16-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 7999018)
Dang. Next year, I'm wanting to switch from DTV to cable and get my Sunday Ticket through PS3. DTV reception is marginal at my house due to trees. Right now we have little breeze and it is messing with my reception. My dish is on top of a 8 ft pole, lashed onto the side of my chimney. I tried to upgrade to a HD dish a year or two ago and the techs wouldn't install the larger dish with that arrangement. So I'm stuck with non-HD TV as long as I'm married to DTV to get Sunday Ticket.

I really want another delivery mode for Sunday Ticket.

My brother has been...uh..."partnering" with me to view NFLST on his PS3 this year. It's worked MOST of the time just fine, and the picture quality has been great. However, they've had a LOT of issues just getting it to work in general. Not sure what their major malfunction is.