ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Manning or Orton? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253946)

Titty Meat 12-19-2011 03:34 AM

Manning or Orton?

Let's assume the Chiefs win another game or 2 putting them further back in the draft order. We know it's unlikely they will trade up to draft a QB as their past is well documented on here. Say you're the GM would you A. Re-sign Orton or B. Enter the Peyton Manning sweepstakes (guessing Manning will most likely be released and become a free agent).

Phobia 12-19-2011 03:39 AM

The only way I'm interested in Manning is if he's coming here to mentor our 1st round QB for 2 years and is given a clean bill of health.

BigMeatballDave 12-19-2011 03:40 AM

I'd keep Orton.

I really have zero interest in playing a 36 yr old QB with a neck issue. Even if it is one of the best QBs ever.

Fritz88 12-19-2011 03:44 AM

Ill take Manning in a heart beat.

From what we saw yesterday, this team really only needs a legit QB and it can hang with pretty much any team in the league.

Win now mentality works here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Jive Ass 12-19-2011 03:46 AM

Yeah, I'm not too into Manning. With a neck injury, something that could happen again in an instant once it's occurred once, I don't put too much stock into that kind of arrangement. I think Orton is competent enough to get us through another season or two while a rookie trains underneath him - Stanzi or otherwise. He's a good QB, that much is clear. Why waste the capital on an older guy with neck problems? Even today it was reported that there is no chance of seeing much of him the rest of this season. That doesn't speak well of the expectations for Manning's future.

johnny961 12-19-2011 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8218440)
I'd keep Orton.

I really have zero interest in playing a 36 yr old QB with a neck issue. Even if it is one of the best QBs ever.

This. No sense paying stupid money for damaged goods that may not pan out if the neck injury impairs his ability to play.

Dexter Manley 12-19-2011 04:36 AM

Peyton Manning will never ever come to KC to play football.

Period.

Those who think there is a chance he would are absolutely clueless...

Phobia 12-19-2011 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbie (Post 8218464)

Period.

I don't think he would either but you can't just say people are "absolutely clueless" without some basis for your claim.

Dexter Manley 12-19-2011 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8218469)
I don't think he would either but you can't just say people are "absolutely clueless" without some basis for your claim.

The guy will either be the Colt QB or he will retire, period.

Too much money in the bank already. Too little risk/reward putting the neck on the line somewhere else...

beach tribe 12-19-2011 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbie (Post 8218464)

Period.

I don't understand people who say this. Indy is just as small a market, and this team has a shit ton more talent than the Colts squad he would be going back to.

beach tribe 12-19-2011 05:03 AM

And I will be willing to bet that if the Colts choose Luck over Manning, 5 head will be looking at he Colts schedule, who's on it, and who their QB is.

King_Chief_Fan 12-19-2011 07:25 AM

entering the Manning sweepstakes really sets the team back....draft choices and salary

Not interested

Titty Meat 12-19-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 8218576)
entering the Manning sweepstakes really sets the team back....draft choices and salary

Not interested

Nobody is going to trade for Manning.

eazyb81 12-19-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbie (Post 8218485)
The guy will either be the Colt QB or he will retire, period.

Too much money in the bank already. Too little risk/reward putting the neck on the line somewhere else...

Bullshit.

The guy is a competitor and will want to prove Indy wrong. He's not doing this intensive rehab to just retire.

If his health allows, he will play in 2012 guaranteed.

Bane 12-19-2011 07:29 AM

Manning come to KC...HAHAHAHAHAHAHa!!!!!!