ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs will not move up in the Draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255020)

Ming the Merciless 01-13-2012 01:13 PM

Chiefs will not move up in the Draft?

If repoq: Suck My coq

http://kansascity.sbnation.com/kansa...ves-insight-to

Quote:

2012 NFL Mock Draft: Kansas City Chiefs' Scott Pioli Gives Insight To Quarterback Position Next Season

Jan 13, 2012
BJ Kissel

With just a few simple words Kansas City Chiefs general manager Scott Pioli broke hearts, tables and TV's when he came out and said that the Chiefs would NOT be trading up in this April's draft to take a quarterback. There goes 80% of mock draft and trade scenarios for Chiefs fans. It's not just that the Chiefs won't be seeing the likes of Andrew Luck, or more thought-to-be-possible Robert Griffin III next season in red and gold, it's the obviousness that means it will be Matt Cassel under center for the Chiefs in 2012.

Here are a couple of quotes from Scott Pioli in regards to trading up that had Chiefs' fans punching their dogs. He spoke with NBC Action News' Jack Harry. via nbcactionnews.com

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli
"From year to year you have so many needs," Pioli said. "To start giving up multiple No. 1 picks, that's a big decision because right now we may say we have needs in these five areas and to sacrifice multiple drafts in the future, I tend to want to be a little more responsible than that."

Pioli has a point about not mortgaging your future by giving up, basically starters (multiple first round picks), in order to take a chance on one guy. But it's going to be a tough sell for the season ticket salesman and group sales staff at One Arrowhead Drive if they have to pitch Cassel as the starting quarterback heading into 2012. I think the Chiefs can be a good team with Cassel, but getting the fence-sitters to cross over isn't going to happen with Cassel under center next season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pioli
"So what I'm gong to do is make prudent decisions to get the best players and get the best team built. Being too short-sighted and trading too many draft picks for any one player....I don't even know who the player is who I'd say I'd give up multiple first round picks based on where we're at."

It's the last part of that last sentence that has Chiefs fans worried. It doesn't sound like he's even entertaining the idea that they even need another quarterback, at least in the first round, as we stand right now. Maybe he's just playing a game with the media and he doesn't want it to get out that they may be in the market for a quarterback. It certainly wouldn't make Matt Cassel's life any easier over the next few months if he did suggest anything like that. But if we can take Pioli at his word right now we can go ahead and cross off Luck and RGIII as Chiefs next season.

suds79 01-13-2012 01:15 PM

You should never take anything a GM says about the draft too seriously. #smokescreen

See Scott's comments about drafting a Safety when they took Eric Berry.

Ming the Merciless 01-13-2012 01:16 PM

I was hoping that would be the answer...

jspchief 01-13-2012 01:35 PM

Pioli is playing scared.

The guy has done nothing but play it safe since he came here.

Hammock Parties 01-13-2012 01:36 PM

Scott Pioli is a big pussy.

htismaqe 01-13-2012 01:58 PM

Why is everybody posting articles from this BJ Kissel guy all of the sudden? Who the **** is he and who gives shit what he thinks?

Hammock Parties 01-13-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8291598)
Why is everybody posting articles from this BJ Kissel guy all of the sudden? Who the **** is he and who gives shit what he thinks?

Better than posting Bill Williamson shit.

O.city 01-13-2012 02:03 PM

I am hoping he is playing shit close to his chest. He hasn't gotten out of his comfort zone yet in KC and shit has kinda blown up.

I refuse to think the guy is stupid enough to think Matt Cassel can be the qb next year. Season tickets are gonna drop if he is, as stated in the above article.

WhiteWhale 01-13-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omega (Post 8291608)
Better than posting Bill Williamson shit.

I cannot believe someone pays that clown. His articles read like a ****ing 4th grade sports essay.

The grammar is just horrible, there are loads of misspelled words, and his sentence structure is just a mess. I've seen him write run-on sentences that were an entire paragraph.

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8291492)
Pioli is playing scared.

The guy has done nothing but play it safe since he came here.

Yes. Because Houston and Baldwin were "safe" picks.....

morphius 01-13-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 8291393)
You should never take anything a GM says about the draft too seriously. #smokescreen

See Scott's comments about drafting a Safety when they took Eric Berry.

Yup, anyone who trusts anything Pioli says right now just hasn't been paying attention to the way he works.

O.city 01-13-2012 02:12 PM

The shittiest thing about this year and us not having our guy at qb is that this team seems to be one really solid draft away from being special.

If we had our qb, this could be the draft to put us over the top. Instead we would have to trade picks to get a qb.

Damn It.

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius (Post 8291645)
Yup, anyone who trusts anything Pioli says right now just hasn't been paying attention to the way he works.

Or the way the NFL works, for that matter.

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 8291658)
The shittiest thing about this year and us not having our guy at qb is that this team seems to be one really solid draft away from being special.

If we had our qb, this could be the draft to put us over the top. Instead we would have to trade picks to get a qb.

Damn It.

Yup. If Cassel continues to start over the next 1-2 years, it will go down as one of the biggest wastes of a talented roster in Chiefs history, ala the 90's.

O.city 01-13-2012 02:18 PM

If we had our qb, which maybe, hope to baby jesus something crazy happens for CHiefs fans, Stanzi is the guy, this draft could produce a pro bowl RB, sure up the oline at C and RT, get a possible stud ILB in the second round, depth everywhere and everywhere.

It just stinks the bit.