ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Mizzou Basketball (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255770)

Saul Good 02-02-2012 06:18 PM

Mizzou Basketball
 
MIZ-ZOU


http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/999599/dance.gif

petegz28 02-02-2012 06:18 PM

We get blown out Saturday and this thread dies.....got it?

Pants 02-02-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8344378)
We get blown out Saturday and this thread dies.....got it?

You guys are going to destroy us in Paige.

Dr. Facebook Fever 02-02-2012 06:21 PM

Stop it. We're supposed to corner the market on being arrogant prick fans.

petegz28 02-02-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8344380)
You guys are going to destroy us in Paige.

I wouldn't be shocked if MU loses. KU is a good team and MU is going to have to play some of their best ball of the year. That being said I can live with a competitive loss.

petegz28 02-02-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8344386)
Stop it. We're supposed to corner the market on being arrogant prick fans.

Don't worry, you still own that title in spades! :thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever 02-02-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8344393)
Don't worry, you still own that title in spades! :thumb:

Whew. That was a close one.

That said I'll be nearly shocked if KU wins this one. MU could be specal this year. Either way I won't be able to watch it anyway.

petegz28 02-02-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8344397)
Whew. That was a close one.

That said I'll be nearly shocked if KU wins this one. MU could be specal this year. Either way I won't be able to watch it anyway.

It should be a good game. What worries me is MU has not played particularly great since Baylor. I was worried about how KU murdered OU but then I rememered MU murdered them even worse and I knew KU at home after a loss would be nails anyway.

We can't shut down KU across the board, there is just no way. I think Robinson is the one you take your chances with since he seems to be either hot or cold. I'd go for shutting down Taylor and getting Withey into foul trouble even if it means Withey gets 10 blocks in the process.

Dr. Facebook Fever 02-02-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8344401)
It should be a good game. What worries me is MU has not played particularly great since Baylor. I was worried about how KU murdered OU but then I rememered MU murdered them even worse and I knew KU at home after a loss would be nails anyway.

We can't shut down KU across the board, there is just no way. I think Robinson is the one you take your chances with since he seems to be either hot or cold. I'd go for shutting down Taylor and getting Withey into foul trouble even if it means Withey gets 10 blocks in the process.

No one knows about playing hot and cold better than KU so it all depends on what team shows up for each side. We can look like uninspired ass (Iowa State) or we can dominate. Home crowd for MU... really good team that will be really up for the game as always... I'd pretty much settle for keeping in close and having a chance at the end. Hopefully Taylor or Robinson or both will have inspired performances and Withey doesn't shit himself too much.

KILLER_CLOWN 02-02-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. noonanbeermefever (Post 8344397)
Whew. That was a close one.

That said I'll be nearly shocked if KU wins this one. MU could be specal this year. Either way I won't be able to watch it anyway.

I wouldn't miss it for the world, depending on the outcome i may not post here for a couple of days tho!

RCJHGKU!

petegz28 02-02-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8344415)
I wouldn't miss it for the world, depending on the outcome i may not post here for a couple of days tho!

RCJHGKU!

I'm sure I will hear the boo's all the way from Lawrence every time something doesn't go KU's way! :thumb:

Dr. Facebook Fever 02-02-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 8344415)
I wouldn't miss it for the world, depending on the outcome i may not post here for a couple of days tho!

RCJHGKU!

Well I'd like to watch but my kiddo has a regional pom pon competition out of town and I'm a better dad than a sports fan.

:thumb:

Chocolate Hog 02-02-2012 06:36 PM

KU might lose Saturday but they'll win another BCS game someday down the road. It's the cost of doing business.

petegz28 02-02-2012 06:37 PM

Something I would really like to do though it would be impossible without losing my mind is to listen to Bob Davis (KU radio announcer) and Mike Kelly (MU radio announcer) during an MU\KU game at the same time.

I have to admit as odd as it sounds that when I first started getting into College BB, I was always an MU fan but never harbored ill-feelings towards KU. Then one night on the radio I listened to Bob Davis calling a KU game and I swear to God the guy ruined me on KU basketball forever. I mean like for a short time I would root for KU as long as they weren't playing MU but after hearing him.....JFC! I swear he makes every KU score sound like it was a half-court 3 at the buzzer and any, I mean any time something doesn't go KU's way you would swear the NCAA was out to get KU on purpose even.

KILLER_CLOWN 02-02-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8344417)
I'm sure I will hear the boo's all the way from Lawrence every time something doesn't go KU's way! :thumb:

Were not Iowa State, we take our lumps and rise back to the top!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.