ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Revolution: JJ Abrams, SciFi, Post-Apocalypse (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255936)

Buck 02-08-2012 07:55 AM

Revolution: JJ Abrams, SciFi, Post-Apocalypse
 
Sounds great right?

The only worry is that NBC is picking it up.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/02/j-j-abrams-nbc/

Quote:

NBC has picked up a new drama pilot from the Star Trek director and Warner Bros. TV. The logline: “A high octane action drama from J. J. Abrams following a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist.”

Now that’s the rather cryptic official description. But here’s an earlier, more exciting logline with more detail:“In this epic adventure thriller, a family struggles to reunite in a post-apocalyptic American landscape: a world of empty cities, local militias and heroic freedom fighters, where every single piece of technology — computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights — has mysteriously blacked out … forever.”

mnchiefsguy 02-08-2012 11:53 AM

Sounds interesting. Hopefully it does not take too much of his attention away from the Star Trek sequel and Alcatraz.

deadbabyseal 02-08-2012 11:57 AM

No phone, no lights, no motor cars,
Not a single luxury,
Like Robinson Crusoe,
As primitive as can be.

Pasta Giant Meatball 02-08-2012 12:19 PM

Network TV = no thanks.

Frazod 02-08-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8358661)
Sounds interesting. Hopefully it does not take too much of his attention away from the Star Trek sequel and Alcatraz.

I wish he'd concentrate on Star Trek and quit farting around with this other stuff - I really don't like the idea of waiting 3 1/2 years between movies (at least).

mnchiefsguy 02-08-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8359032)
I wish he'd concentrate on Star Trek and quit farting around with this other stuff - I really don't like the idea of waiting 3 1/2 years between movies (at least).

Yeah, seems like he has too many irons in the fire.

Frazod 02-08-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8359060)
Yeah, seems like he has too many irons in the fire.

I just checked IMDB - the release date of the next one is May 2013 - that's FOUR YEARS.

**** you, Abrams. Like I don't get enough of this shit waiting for George Martin to write new books. 4321

whoman69 02-08-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8359032)
I wish he'd concentrate on Star Trek and quit farting around with this other stuff - I really don't like the idea of waiting 3 1/2 years between movies (at least).

I think he's rewritten Star Trek enough. I don't need a reboot.

Guru 02-08-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8359073)
I just checked IMDB - the release date of the next one is May 2013 - that's FOUR YEARS.

**** you, Abrams. Like I don't get enough of this shit waiting for George Martin to write new books. 4321

IF he doesn't move it back another 6 months like the first one.

Frazod 02-08-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8359234)
IF he doesn't move it back another 6 months like the first one.

Yeah, I know. :banghead:

At least they're currently filming.

keg in kc 02-08-2012 03:33 PM

I don't think JJ's actually doing very much with these shows, just throwing his name on there as a producer credit to help get them on the air. I don't think he's actively involved in the production of any of them.

Frazod 02-08-2012 04:04 PM

All I know is if Darth Lucas can churn out his ridiculously overblown Star Wars movies once every three years, Abrams should be able to at least do the same with much more character heavy Star Trek movies.

keg in kc 02-09-2012 09:11 AM

Bit more information:

The pilot is written by Supernatural creator and former showrunner Eric Kripke (which is a plus in my book, I love that series) and will be directed by Jon Favreau.

keg in kc 02-27-2012 06:04 PM

Just announced - Giancarlo Esposito has landed the lead role. Formerly Gus Fring on Breaking Bad and currently part of the ensemble in ABC's Once Upon a Time.

Buck 02-27-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8403264)
Just announced - Giancarlo Esposito has landed the lead role. Formerly Gus Fring on Breaking Bad and currently part of the ensemble in ABC's Once Upon a Time.

Awesome.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.