ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Just got back from my first cruise (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256801)

petegz28 03-03-2012 11:39 PM

Just got back from my first cruise

Was pretty sweet. 7 day Caribbean cruise. Lucked out and got upgraded to a mini-suite. Water was a little rough, got a touch sea-sick the first day but other than that it was cool. Great entertainment. Think I will have to do this again.

Rasputin 03-04-2012 12:11 AM

That's awesome, I got to go on one with my senior class (1993). Was fun and no one got thrown off the ship. Had a Kansas steak that wasn't cooked right, they called it Kansas steak but it was disapoint :harumph: Other than that it was a blast and the rest of the food was good.

Bowser 03-04-2012 12:23 AM

The worst thing about cruising? Getting the bar bill at the end. "We drank HOW MUCH??"

petegz28 03-04-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 8415749)
That's awesome, I got to go on one with my senior class (1993). Was fun and no one got thrown off the ship. Had a Kansas steak that wasn't cooked right, they called it Kansas steak but it was disapoint :harumph: Other than that it was a blast and the rest of the food was good.

Yeah, overall the food was pretty bood but the buffet seemed like it was for old people. The entertainment was pretty good too. The dancers were awesone and hot as ****. The only thing I didn't like was they did a "Motor City" show and I am sorry but you just can't "loungify" Motown. The girls did good when they did a medley of Diana Ross but when the guys and the girls for that matter did some Stevie Wonder my ears hurt. It was that ultra-smooth, pronounce every word very clear type singing that you just can't do with Motown. Same when they did a "British Invasion" show. It was good except they did some Queen and the guy that did it just blew it, imo. Maybe the fault of the director as opposed to the singers but sometimes you just can't sing everything in that lounge style.

Some of those songs you can't just sing, you have to "feel" and they didn't have they feel.They did Bohemian Rhapsody and when it gets to the part where it goes "So you think you can just stop me and spit in my eye.." it was just sang and there wasn't that emotion to it. Probably to be expected in such a venue but nonetheless it hurt my ears.There was one male singer who actually did the shit right but they didn't have him doing it enough.

And then they did a Beatles bit and while Yellow Submarine was good they had all the dancers out in the Sgt. Pepper looking outfits and never did Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I was disappointed.

Phobia 03-04-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8415762)
The worst thing about cruising? Getting the bar bill at the end. "We drank HOW MUCH??"

I only drink in port. Even then, I stop at a liquor store off the beaten path. I'll never, ever pay $10-12 for a beverage that has $.75 worth of liquor, ice, and 1000 calories of sugar.

Phobia 03-04-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8415765)
Yeah, overall the food was pretty bood but the buffet seemed like it was for old people. The entertainment was pretty good too. The dancers were awesone and hot as ****. The only thing I didn't like was they did a "Motor City" show and I am sorry but you just can't "loungify" Motown. The girls did good when they did a medley of Diana Ross but when the guys and the girls for that matter did some Stevie Wonder my ears hurt. It was that ultra-smooth, pronounce every word very clear type singing that you just can't do with Motown. Same when they did a "British Invasion" show. It was good except they did some Queen and the guy that did it just blew it, imo. Maybe the fault of the director as opposed to the singers but sometimes you just can't sing everything in that lounge style.

Some of those songs you can't just sing, you have to "feel" and they didn't have they feel.They did Bohemian Rhapsody and when it gets to the part where it goes "So you think you can just stop me and spit in my eye.." it was just sang and there wasn't that emotion to it. Probably to be expected in such a venue but nonetheless it hurt my ears.There was one male singer who actually did the shit right but they didn't have him doing it enough.

And then they did a Beatles bit and while Yellow Submarine was good they had all the dancers out in the Sgt. Pepper looking outfits and never did Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I was disappointed.

Wait, what? Who the hell is this? You went on a cruise with your boyfriend?

Monty 03-04-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8415801)
I only drink in port. Even then, I stop at a liquor store off the beaten path. I'll never, ever pay $10-12 for a beverage that has $.75 worth of liquor, ice, and 1000 calories of sugar.

We get the all you can drink soft drink plan, then either bring our own alcohol or if/when that is gone, we will drink the stuff we smuggled back in from whichever port we are at. The drinks on a cruise tend to be on the strong side, but there is no way we can justify $10 a drink.

We are leaving next week for a 7 day trip. We were getting my son's suit recently and he was questioning why he needed one and I told him it was to impress the ladies. He asked why because according to him it didn't make sense to make friends with the girls because after the cruise, he would never see them again. He didn't see the point in that.

He's 15.

Phobia 03-04-2012 01:46 AM

We went on a cruise a few years back and one of the gals had just lost 150 lbs with lapband. That cruise was the end of the end for her. She ate 3 or 4 plates at dinners and one day pounded 12 fruity drinks inside of 2 hours at 1000 calories a pop. I swear I could see the fat layers added day to day. Fortunately for her husband, he won bingo the last night of the cruise. That $500 paid about half their liquor tab.

Disgruntled_Parent via SR's IP in GA 03-04-2012 02:03 AM

I'm Disgruntled_Parent, I'd never let my child go on a cruise ship. Unless it was Disney sponsored, PERIOD!

Disgruntled_Parent via SR's IP in GA 03-04-2012 02:08 AM

attention any helpful moderator, can you please change my name to "sail-cat?"

Rasputin 03-04-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simpler Red (Post 8415833)
I'm Disgruntled_Parent, I'd never let my child go on a cruise ship. Unless it was Disney sponsored, PERIOD!

Why do you feel like you need to shelter there life? I bet they grow up resentful and end up doing the things you most fear that way. Let them experience things so they can learn from them. You can teach them right and wrong your own way and teach them values you want, just don't be so over protective & make your kids naive to the real world.

Disgruntled_Parent via SR's IP in GA 03-04-2012 02:22 AM

I appreciate your concerns and your advice Tattoo. I've got a long past of tebowizing my kids, the boy is what this world needs, he's a disciplined christian, the girl is studying to be a nun at Devry, so she'll get it done pretty quick.

My point is, both of my children are basically Tim Tebow

SPATCH 03-04-2012 02:25 AM

Cruises are for fat, white people. It's probably the fattest and whitest thing that anyone can do.

RippedmyFlesh 03-04-2012 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 8415828)
We were getting my son's suit recently and he was questioning why he needed one and I told him it was to impress the ladies. He asked why because according to him it didn't make sense to make friends with the girls because after the cruise, he would never see them again. He didn't see the point in that.

He's 15.

Actually that is a good point. I think you have a logical young man for a son.:D

Bewbies 03-04-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8415844)
Cruises are for fat, white people. It's probably the fattest and whitest thing that anyone can do.

And old. But yes, there is much truth here...