ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music RUSH Clockwork Angels!! (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257908)

Halfcan 03-29-2012 07:24 PM

RUSH Clockwork Angels!!
 
New single Headlong Flight due out April 2nd!!!

CD out May 29th

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Guru 03-29-2012 08:21 PM

Looking forward to getting the digital edition from amazon for $3.99. They seem to do that for new releases.

Huffmeister 03-29-2012 09:22 PM

It's about damn time!

KC_Lee 03-30-2012 07:25 AM

Got this update via The National Midnight Starman Facebook page;


Yesterday Roadrunner Records hosted a listening party where they premiered Clockwork Angels in its entirety for journalists and industry executives. One of those in attendance was XM Radio's Lou Brutus, who today Tweeted:

"In studio right now w/Mark from Roadrunner listening to new tune from @RushIsABand called "Headlong Flight." It's awesome. #ByTorIsASnowDog"
In addition, two tweets from Dominic Nardella (program director at 92.3 in Cleveland) who Tweeted:

"Just heard new Rush song "Headlong Flight" ..... Holy F ing Shit!!!!! 7 and a half minutes of pure genius!!!!!!"
- Thanks to RushIsABand for the headsup!

Halfcan 03-30-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8503746)
Got this update via The National Midnight Starman Facebook page;


Yesterday Roadrunner Records hosted a listening party where they premiered Clockwork Angels in its entirety for journalists and industry executives. One of those in attendance was XM Radio's Lou Brutus, who today Tweeted:

"In studio right now w/Mark from Roadrunner listening to new tune from @RushIsABand called "Headlong Flight." It's awesome. #ByTorIsASnowDog"
In addition, two tweets from Dominic Nardella (program director at 92.3 in Cleveland) who Tweeted:

"Just heard new Rush song "Headlong Flight" ..... Holy F ing Shit!!!!! 7 and a half minutes of pure genius!!!!!!"
- Thanks to RushIsABand for the headsup!

I read those as will-I can't freakin wait!!

I guess they went Old School with a concept album!!

Should be Best CD of the year!!

Halfcan 03-30-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8503290)
It's about damn time!

I know they teased us with two songs a Long time ago..........

2 months left to wait. :drool:

Dartgod 03-30-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 8503829)
I know they teased us with two songs a Long time ago..........

2 months left to wait. :drool:

Oh man, this sounds awesome. Can't wait! Hook a brother up with those teasers?

Huffmeister 03-30-2012 10:15 AM

And Kevin J. Anderson is writing a novelization of the album:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin J. Anderson
In a young man's quest to follow his dreams, he is caught between the grandiose forces of order and chaos. He travels across a lavish and colorful world of steampunk and alchemy, with lost cities, pirates, anarchists, exotic carnivals, and a rigid Watchmaker who imposes precision on every aspect of daily life.

Could be good, or it could be incredibly lame. Either way, I know I'll read it. :D

Hey Halfcan, where did you get the April 2 release date for "Headlong Flight"? Everything I found online has said april 19th.

Guru 03-30-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8503746)
Got this update via The National Midnight Starman Facebook page;


Yesterday Roadrunner Records hosted a listening party where they premiered Clockwork Angels in its entirety for journalists and industry executives. One of those in attendance was XM Radio's Lou Brutus, who today Tweeted:

"In studio right now w/Mark from Roadrunner listening to new tune from @RushIsABand called "Headlong Flight." It's awesome. #ByTorIsASnowDog"
In addition, two tweets from Dominic Nardella (program director at 92.3 in Cleveland) who Tweeted:

"Just heard new Rush song "Headlong Flight" ..... Holy F ing Shit!!!!! 7 and a half minutes of pure genius!!!!!!"
- Thanks to RushIsABand for the headsup!

7.5 minute songs? I LOVE IT!!!!

talastan 03-30-2012 03:51 PM

I just want to see them live this time. I've seen Genesis, and Dream Theater; and seeing Rush would finish off my top three favorite prog bands. :thumb:

Guru 03-30-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 8505187)
I just want to see them live this time. I've seen Genesis, and Dream Theater; and seeing Rush would finish off my top three favorite prog bands. :thumb:

Never got to see Genesis. I had tickets to the Invisible Touch tour and Phil got sick. I was pissed.

talastan 03-30-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8505198)
Never got to see Genesis. I had tickets to the Invisible Touch tour and Phil got sick. I was pissed.

Sorry to hear that. I got to see them the last tour they did in 2007. I caught them at the United Center in Chicago. Phil is my favorite drummer of all time. Especially his work during the Gabriel-era Genesis. :)

Halfcan 03-30-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8504049)
Oh man, this sounds awesome. Can't wait! Hook a brother up with those teasers?

You can get them on Rush.com a mini cd-its worth it!!

Halfcan 03-30-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talastan (Post 8505187)
I just want to see them live this time. I've seen Genesis, and Dream Theater; and seeing Rush would finish off my top three favorite prog bands. :thumb:

:clap: Best concerts ever!!

Halfcan 03-30-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8505181)
7.5 minute songs? I LOVE IT!!!!

rushisaband is now saying a 5.5 min radio edit hits April 19th :#

darn I was hoping for the 1st like the rumors circulating stated-darn!!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.