ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Report: Bill Parcells says he’ll coach Saints if Sean Payton asks him... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257932)

mikey23545 03-30-2012 01:24 PM

Report: Bill Parcells says he’ll coach Saints if Sean Payton asks him...

Bill Parcells says if he’s asked by Sean Payton to coach the New Orleans Saints, he’ll do it.

That takes us a step closer to Parcells coming out of retirement, something that could take place in the next few weeks.

“If this guy says to me, ‘Bill, I need you to do this,’…” Parcells told Bob Glauber of Newsday. “That’s what friends are supposed to be for.”

Per the report, Parcells has turned down two head-coaching opportunities since retiring from the Dallas Cowboys after the 2006 season. He calls this one “personal to me because this is one of my guys.”

It’s been detailed how Payton and Parcells have already met. Payton will begin serving a season-long suspension from the NFL on Sunday unless he appeals to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, a process that would be expedited. The meeting Tuesday was for Parcells to get to know general manager Mickey Loomis.

“We literally did not talk about that job at all [Tuesday],” Parcells told Glauber. “The only thing he told me is, ‘You’re going to like this situation .’ I know a few of their players, just a couple. I think Sean wanted me to meet Mickey Loomis. I didn’t know him very well.”

As we speculated here earlier today, even after Payton is suspended, he could continue to meet with an unemployed Parcells to review the roster and go over the Saints. In that time, he could get Parcells up to speed with the franchise before he decided if he was going to jump in. It sounds like all Payton has to do is ask.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...ayton_asks_him

mikey23545 03-30-2012 01:25 PM

Oh, in addition - I'm not sorry if it's a repost.

KurtCobain 03-30-2012 01:26 PM

That dude is Al Davis old.

Dayze 03-30-2012 01:27 PM

is it me, or does anyone else thing Parcels is overrated?

Hammock Parties 03-30-2012 01:27 PM

Hey there, tree, keep on burning.

qabbaan 03-30-2012 01:32 PM

One year, make a ton of money, not really responsible for results... Why not.

Thig Lyfe 03-30-2012 01:35 PM

Bill Parcells

pr_capone 03-30-2012 01:35 PM

You ****ing kidding me? If Pioli had reached out to Tuna and brough him in instead of promoting RAC, I would have been just FINE with that.

Hammock Parties 03-30-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8504970)
One year, make a ton of money, not really responsible for results... Why not.

This is all Parcells has been doing in the NFL since the Jets.

He's a parasite that moves from one team to another, sucking money up and leaving the franchise with shit.

He didn't do shit in New York (w/Jets) or Dallas, and he failed to build the Dolphins into shit as GM or whatever he was.

Dayze 03-30-2012 01:36 PM

...and he was a missed FG away from losing a SB.

Hammock Parties 03-30-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8504976)
You ****ing kidding me? If Pioli had reached out to Tuna and brough him in instead of promoting RAC, I would have been just FINE with that.

Oh yeah man, could have been ****ing awesome. Could have been Dick Vermeil II: Electric Boogaloo!

ToxSocks 03-30-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8504955)
is it me, or does anyone else thing Parcels is overrated?

I agree.

pr_capone 03-30-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Satanic Goat (Post 8504982)
Oh yeah man, could have been ****ing awesome. Could have been Dick Vermeil II: Electric Boogaloo!

We have had shit since Dick V. I'd be just fine with spending my money on season tix and actually being entertained instead of leaving the stadium hoping some asshole wearing the opposite colors wants to get in my face and gloat.

durtyrute 03-30-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8504983)
I agree.

+1

WhiteWhale 03-30-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8504983)
I agree.

Parcells himself, as well as those he mentored as coaches, have had a lot of success as coordinators and some cases head coaches. He has never left a team in worse shape than it was when he arrived.

While 'over-rated' is a subjective term and I think Bill Parcells 'old school' approach to the game can be counterproductive in today's NFL, I wouldn't personally say that makes him over-rated. He's still a HOF coach.