ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Obama Teacher yells at student for questioning Obama and is suspended with pay (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259762)

petegz28 05-21-2012 05:26 PM

Teacher yells at student for questioning Obama and is suspended with pay
 
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vjpWaESn_9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

petegz28 05-21-2012 05:27 PM

Student is educating the teacher

AustinChief 05-21-2012 05:33 PM

"when they was in high school"

Any teacher at ANY level who speaks like this should be fired on the spot. I don't give a **** if the teach kindergarten phys ed. If you can not speak English you should not be allowed to teach. Period.

I have no comment on the what actually happened because I stopped after I heard this.

petegz28 05-21-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8630292)
"when they was in high school"

Any teacher at ANY level who speaks like this should be fired on the spot. I don't give a **** if the teach kindergarten phys ed. If you can not speak English you should not be allowed to teach. Period.

I have no comment on the what actually happened because I stopped after I heard this.

Basically the teacher was saying you could talk shit about Romney because he is just a candidate but you can't talk shit about Obama because he is the President.

AustinChief 05-21-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8630297)
Basically the teacher was saying you could talk shit about Romney because he is just a candidate but you can't talk shit about Obama because he is the President.

Ah, so she is not only ignorant of basic English skills but also the 1st Amendment.

petegz28 05-21-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8630301)
Ah, so she is not only ignorant of basic English skills but also the 1st Amendment.

LMAO and she is a Social Studies teacher at that!

vailpass 05-21-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8630292)
"when they was in high school"

Any teacher at ANY level who speaks like this should be fired on the spot. I don't give a **** if the teach kindergarten phys ed. If you can not speak English you should not be allowed to teach. Period.

I have no comment on the what actually happened because I stopped after I heard this.

Oh this X 100.

Saul Good 05-21-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8630335)
ok, speaking of English... has anyone else noticed a MASSIVE jump in people in the media (both news and entertainment) saying "and me" when they should say "and I" and making other simple mistakes?

I have noticed it on shows like Big Bang Theory (doesn't seem like a mistake a genious should make), I noticed it on both CNN and FOX news, I even noticed it on the BBC show Sherlock... hard to imagine Sherlock Holmes making grammatical errors. Did I miss some announcement that we were going to all start speaking like hillbillies and be ok with it?

Actually, "and me" is usually correct.

For example, it's correct to say "She went to the game with John and me" or "John and I went to the game with her".

"She went to the game with John and I" is incorrect.

AustinChief 05-21-2012 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8630352)
Actually, "and me" is usually correct.

For example, it's correct to say "She went to the game with John and me" or "John and I went to the game with her".

"She went to the game with John and I" is incorrect.

Yes, I know when it is correct and it's easy to "test" by removing the "xxxx and" portion. What I have noticed is a massive spike in the INCORRECT usage of "me" and many other common mistakes making their way into mainstream media where they didn't exist before.

BTW I deleted my comment because I didn't want to send this thread off topic... so I'll just leave it at this.

RNR 05-21-2012 06:51 PM

LMAO
Past or permanent!

HonestChieffan 05-21-2012 07:16 PM

Praise the teachers union for a great job of brainwashing another teacher

RNR 05-21-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 8630604)
Praise the teachers union for a great job of brainwashing another teacher

Praise for allowing this idiot to teach. The hype promoted by all unions is pride in their membership. The union must be very proud...past and permanent!

Aries Walker 05-21-2012 08:32 PM

Good for that kid for standing up to her. I hope he keeps asking questions.

Alvin 05-21-2012 08:49 PM

If you were to compare arguments here how different would the positions be?
There is a blindness by the teacher that the president is only holding an office and like the kid said, he is not god.

The teacher should be fired, but I promise you that if she were there would be an intervention and it would be racially motivated.

notorious 05-21-2012 09:02 PM

Suspended WITH pay?!


WTF?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.