ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Fantasy/CasinoPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   ****2012-2013 Fantasy Football Repository Thread**** (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260870)

Ceej 06-27-2012 10:52 AM

****2012-2013 Fantasy Football Repository Thread****
 
I did my first year of fantasy baseball -- I cannot tell you how much I'm ready for FF after that cluster****.

I figured this would be a good thread prior to most team's drafts.

When the time comes we can start a "rate my team" thread, and also a "sit/start thread."

So, how many leagues are you joining?

What intrigues you the most?

What player/s flying under the radar do you think will impact the FF world the most?

Also, cheap plug --- Mr. Plow's league needs one more player. It's a fun IDP league. I'm sure he'll be along to promote it -- we only want handsome, well hung gentlemen like ourselves. It'd be fun to get a CPer into that last spot.

Mr. Plow 06-27-2012 11:04 AM

If anyone is interested......

12 team league
$40 entry
15 man starting lineup (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DL, DL, LB, LB, LB, CB, FS/S)
Scoring is fairly basic

Shoot me a PM, or ask questions here if you might be interested. Draft is Saturday, Aug. 18th.

Thanks CJ!

Old Dog 06-27-2012 11:29 AM

My first draft is only 30 days away [yikes]. My main league this year is having a reunion of sorts in Vegas for a live draft. This is the 10th year for the leage (very little turnover) comprised mainly of a bunch of guys I met while most of us were in the Army. I haven't seen some of these guys in 8+ years, but can't wait for that draft.
I know that the 26th of July is insanely early to draft, but we've generally started way early except for the past couple of years due to deployments, so it won't be a huge factor for us.

Ceej 06-27-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8704875)
My first draft is only 30 days away [yikes]. My main league this year is having a reunion of sorts in Vegas for a live draft. This is the 10th year for the leage (very little turnover) comprised mainly of a bunch of guys I met while most of us were in the Army. I haven't seen some of these guys in 8+ years, but can't wait for that draft.
I know that the 26th of July is insanely early to draft, but we've generally started way early except for the past couple of years due to deployments, so it won't be a huge factor for us.

That's awesome. Good for you, Old Dog. Going to Vegas for a FFL is a pretty gnarly idea. What's the buy in?

Also, with an early draft like that how do you guys do injuries? Like, if your first rounder tears his ACL in a preseason game?

Old Dog 06-27-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8704885)
That's awesome. Good for you, Old Dog. Going to Vegas for a FFL is a pretty gnarly idea. What's the buy in?

Also, with an early draft like that how do you guys do injuries? Like, if your first rounder tears his ACL in a preseason game?

It's a 12 teamer at $250 per team with $2.50 for each free agent or $5 per trade. It's gonna cost some of us more to get there and back than the payout will be if we win the thing, but it ain't about the money for me.

With the draft that early you just have to hope you don't get hosed. We have had it happen before, but that's life. In 2004 (give or take a year or two) we had a guy draft Vick in the 2nd when he went out for most of the year with a broken leg and he also lost another really high draft pick as well.

Ceej 06-27-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8704912)
It's a 12 teamer at $250 per team with $2.50 for each free agent or $5 per trade. It's gonna cost some of us more to get there and back than the payout will be if we win the thing, but it ain't about the money for me.

With the draft that early you just have to hope you don't get hosed. We have had it happen before, but that's life. In 2004 (give or take a year or two) we had a guy draft Vick in the 2nd when he went out for most of the year with a broken leg and he also lost another really high draft pick as well.

That's brutal. I imagine it is hard getting everyone together too for a draft.

Where you guys having it?

I will be in good ole' Wichita and Hutchinson for my three drafts. Two are competitive drafts that are $40 buy ins and one $10 buy in with the family that's primarily for bragging rights.

Oh, Wichita/Hutch trumps Vegas any day! LMAO

Old Dog 06-27-2012 11:54 AM

That's why we have started so early in the past at times. If we have no one deployed we do a live online draft after the 3rd preseason game like every other league, but that's only happened three times. The other five times we have done a E-mail draft which can take up to a month with a 12 hour clock for those stateside and an unlimited (though in the past we have made a pick for a guy after waiting four days) clock for anyone deployed.
This will be our first live in person draft since the original one in 2003.

We actually haven't decided completely on the venue for the draft. Five of us are staying downtown and have talked about just doing it in my suite (the Mrs is going with) and a few of the guys are staying on the strip (Cosmopolatin), while yet a few others are staying at the camp ground on Nellis AFB.

Mr. Plow 06-27-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8704912)
It's a 12 teamer at $250 per team with $2.50 for each free agent or $5 per trade. It's gonna cost some of us more to get there and back than the payout will be if we win the thing, but it ain't about the money for me.

With the draft that early you just have to hope you don't get hosed. We have had it happen before, but that's life. In 2004 (give or take a year or two) we had a guy draft Vick in the 2nd when he went out for most of the year with a broken leg and he also lost another really high draft pick as well.


I'm the same way. It really isn't about the money for me. Which is good because I never win anyway. More about just the fun.

This years draft, I'm going to try to make it an all day thing. Golf in the morning, then draft in the evening.

Old Dog 06-27-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8704978)
I'm the same way. It really isn't about the money for me. Which is good because I never win anyway. More about just the fun.

This years draft, I'm going to try to make it an all day thing. Golf in the morning, then draft in the evening.

We're doing the same. Everyone is getting in Friday (a few of us are getting in on Thursday). Four of us are playing golf at Royal Links on Friday morning. We're all meeting to play cards Friday evening. Saturday is the draft, followed by morepoker. Sunday we're doing golf at Nellis in the morning, and folks are departing Sunday evening.

Mr. Plow 06-27-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8704993)
We're doing the same. Everyone is getting in Friday (a few of us are getting in on Thursday). Four of us are playing golf at Royal Links on Friday morning. We're all meeting to play cards Friday evening. Saturday is the draft, followed by morepoker. Sunday we're doing golf at Nellis in the morning, and folks are departing Sunday evening.


Yeah, that's the way to do a draft. Got any free slots available in your league? Oh yeah, I'll need a plane ticket, hotel room, and some spending cash. I'll cover the bag fee to get my clubs out there.

Old Dog 06-27-2012 12:06 PM

Fly Southwest, they'll take care of the :) bag fee

Ceej 06-27-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 8705000)
Yeah, that's the way to do a draft. Got any free slots available in your league? Oh yeah, I'll need a plane ticket, hotel room, and some spending cash. I'll cover the bag fee to get my clubs out there.

I'll try to squeeze into your bag too.

Thanks.

Pasta Giant Meatball 06-30-2012 03:30 PM

Matt Cassel first round. You are welcome.

Ceej 07-01-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8711384)
Matt Cassel first round. You are welcome.

Do I need to split the monies with you?

Old Dog 07-01-2012 11:49 AM

Draft order is set now for that league. I'll have #4.
With 6 points per passing TD and .5 per reception, I don't generally do it, but unless Foster or Rice fall to me I may very well go QB in round 1.
Matthews and McCoy are certainly in play there but I think that either Rogers OR Brady would be the safer pick by far over either of them.
Thoughts?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.