ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Legal Gun Control (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=261606)

notorious 07-20-2012 10:50 AM

Gun Control
 
We have all heard about what happened in Aurora, Co, and I think that Gun Control is going to be a huge topic in the following months.


What measures need to be taken? Do you have any ideas that will help prevent this kind of thing from happening again as it pertains to guns?

Detoxing 07-20-2012 10:51 AM

Honestly, this is a little soon.

Detoxing 07-20-2012 10:52 AM

And my 2cents, if you think gun control will keep guns out of the hands of criminals, you are naive.

notorious 07-20-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8755231)
Honestly, this is a little soon.

I'm sorry. There was a lot of gun talk in the Lounge that I thought I could divert to here.

durtyrute 07-20-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8755234)
And my 2cents, if you think gun control will keep guns out of the hands of criminals, you are naive.

Unfortunately, it isn't just criminals that are killing people.

Saul Good 07-20-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8755229)
We have all heard about what happened in Aurora, Co, and I think that Gun Control is going to be a huge topic in the following months.


What measures need to be taken? Do you have any ideas that will help prevent this kind of thing from happening again as it pertains to guns?

I think there should be a law against doing what this guy did. Then, it wouldn't have happened.

BucEyedPea 07-20-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 8755229)
We have all heard about what happened in Aurora, Co, and I think that Gun Control is going to be a huge topic in the following months.


What measures need to be taken? Do you have any ideas that will help prevent this kind of thing from happening again as it pertains to guns?

Private enterprise can make and establish their own security rules to help prevent this sort of thing.
Other than that, buy a gun and learn how to use it. Reduce the use of psychotropic drugs that lead to violent behavior.

BucEyedPea 07-20-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8755241)
Unfortunately, it isn't just criminals that are killing people.

Only criminals kill people. It applies to governments and political parties too.

Radar Chief 07-20-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durtyrute (Post 8755241)
Unfortunately, it isn't just criminals that are killing people.

That statement makes no sense. If you kill someone without it being self-defense you are by definition a criminal.

notorious 07-20-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8755265)
I think there should be a law against doing what this guy did. Then, it wouldn't have happened.

LMAO


I have a small arsenal, and I would hate it if anyone restricts my rights to enjoy target shooting on Sunday mornings or my CCL.


It is a polarizing topic, and I was just trying to get a feel for what real people thought about it instead of what the media is going to shove down our throats.

Fish 07-20-2012 11:44 AM

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7...ubbdownloa.jpg

Iowanian 07-20-2012 11:49 AM

It's possible a legally armed CCW could have prevented some of these tragic injuries and deaths.

Criminal assholes are criminal assholes.

Direckshun 07-20-2012 11:50 AM

I'm in favor of tighter gun regulation. But it's one of the most unpleasant subjects for me to discuss consider how emotional pro-gun folks tend to get about the issue.

I'd rather discuss abortion with a pro-lifer.

HonestChieffan 07-20-2012 11:51 AM

And here we go

durtyrute 07-20-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8755284)
That statement makes no sense. If you kill someone without it being self-defense you are by definition a criminal.

Only you RC, only you


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.