ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Holthus takes a shot at Haley... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262429)

petegz28 08-15-2012 04:44 PM

Holthus takes a shot at Haley...

On 810 not long ago he was talking about the chemistry on this team and how he hasn't seen it this way really since he has been calling the games but to the juice...

Said the big reason for the chemistry is there is not a bunch of nit-picking, micro-managing and "useless yelling". Said Cassel doesn't have to worry anymore about being chewed out after changing the play and completing a downfield pass when the play called did not call for such. Went on to say that accountability is being maintained and used the Monday walk-through as an example. Just said there isn't a bunch ot nit-picking and yelling. Romeo let's the coaches coach, etc.

He then elabortated more about how Daboll doesn't give a shit if Cassel changes a play at the line if he thinks the play called won't succeed against the defensive alignment.

I took that as a clear shot at Haley and in retrospect it certainly seems to fit what we saw out of him for 3 years.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2012 04:45 PM

Yes, the Chiefs are taking all kinds of underhanded shots at Haley and Bowe these days.

Especially Haley.

Any failure in the past three years? His fault.

Now that he's gone, everything will be awesome. He was evil and the fruits of the devil.

Dude sucked but to blame him for everything makes me sick.

Dave Lane 08-15-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8820396)
Yes, the Chiefs are taking all kinds of underhanded shots at Haley and Bowe these days.

Especially Haley.

Now that he's gone, everything will be awesome. He was the evil and the fruits of the devil.

No shit. Total scapegoat for everything.

petegz28 08-15-2012 04:49 PM

Quote:

Especially Haley.

Now that he's gone, everything will be awesome. He was evil and the fruits of the devil.

dude, I was watching some of the game film from some games over the last two years and I clearly just don't think Cassel is that dumb. I mean there were plays where the defense was just stacking the line yet there went the hand off up the middle.

And I don't know which specific play he was referring too but he said Cassel no longer has to worry about being chewed out in his helmet after completing a 20 yard pass dowfield because the play called from the sidelines did not call for that route.

I won't blame Haley for ALL of the fail during his time here. But it is a great point about the yelling and nit-picking. When coaches do that all the ****ing time players tend to start tuning him out.

petegz28 08-15-2012 04:51 PM

And just to add my .02, Haley did not reserve his yelling to just the players. He cussed out coaches as well. Perhaps the temper tantrums and profanity laced, in-game lectures would have gone over better AFTER Haley had proven himself as a successful head coach.

Otherwise I think it just comes off as a problem of "little man syndrome".

threebag 08-15-2012 04:53 PM

So if the play call is a deep pass to stretch the field Matty doesn't have to worry about changing it to a sideways pass play. He's all good.

Rock on Matty...

...WORTHLESS one who sucks the penis.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2012 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8820406)
dude, I was watching some of the game film from some games over the last two years and I clearly just don't think Cassel is that dumb. I mean there were plays where the defense was just stacking the line yet there went the hand off up the middle.

I don't think Cassel is dumb, either.

He just sucks at football. Inaccurate, mediocre arm, doesn't read defenses particularly well.

Smart guy. Shit QB.

There's also an entire sequence from the Seattle game that clearly shows Cassel had the ability to change plays, because the guy checked into a running play at the goal line in that game, or changed the direction of it or something. It was on HBO.

ToxSocks 08-15-2012 04:53 PM

When a new coach comes in, the old one is always the scapegoat.

Same shit, different day.

petegz28 08-15-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by threebag02 (Post 8820416)
So if the play call is a deep pass to stretch the field Matty doesn't have to worry about changing it to a sideways pass play. He's all good.

In fairness, Hothus also went on to say that Trent Green was also not afforded the luxury of checking out of plays. Said some coaches are just like that, they call the play and that's what you will run regardless.

Hammock Parties 08-15-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 8820411)
And just to add my .02, Haley did not reserve his yelling to just the players. He cussed out coaches as well. Perhaps the temper tantrums and profanity laced, in-game lectures would have gone over better AFTER Haley had proven himself as a successful head coach.

Otherwise I think it just comes off as a problem of "little man syndrome".

Bill Parcells did the same ****ing thing.

petegz28 08-15-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8820417)
I don't think Cassel is dumb, either.

He just sucks at football. Inaccurate, mediocre arm, doesn't read defenses particularly well.

Smart guy. Shit QB.

There's also an entire sequence from the Seattle game that clearly shows Cassel had the ability to change plays, because the guy checked into a running play at the goal line in that game, or changed the direction of it or something. It was on HBO.

That was Weis, not Haley. We have been over this several times.

petegz28 08-15-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8820421)
Bill Parcells did the same ****ing thing.

Bill Parcells also won a SB and went to another. Are you equating Haley to Parcells?

petegz28 08-15-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Macho Man (Post 8820418)
When a new coach comes in, the old one is always the scapegoat.

Same shit, different day.

Possibly but seriously when you hear "nit-picking, micro-managing and useless yelling" does that not get fit Haley like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm?

mcaj22 08-15-2012 05:01 PM

pretty sure Big Ben was changing plays at the line and making reads in the Steelers first preseason game. So unless Haley is bipolar and completely different as a OC than he is a HC....

BossChief 08-15-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Especially Haley.

I hate to say it because I was a big Haley supporter, but it's possible his attitude was counterproductive across the board.

It was clear to see that the team responded the moment he was fired...and in a positive way. That turnaround has seemingly continued into this year.