ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Media Rock Center with Brian Williams Doing a Hatchet Job on Mormonism... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262776)

mikey23545 08-23-2012 08:43 PM

Rock Center with Brian Williams Doing a Hatchet Job on Mormonism...
 
How ****ing transparent can the mainstream media be? They constantly run interference for Hussein, and savage anyone who dares speak against their anointed one...

I wonder when NBC or CBS or ABC will do an expose on Reverend Wright's anti-American diatribes in prime time?

Direckshun 08-23-2012 08:46 PM

It's pretty clear the GOP and Romney himself just have absolutely no idea how to address Mormonism. How to explain it, how to describe it.

The only angle they can really take on it is that the Librul Media is attacking it.

If a productive conversation about Mormonism comes out of this, or really any conversation about Mormonism comes out of this at all, I'll be deathly surprised.

Saul Good 08-23-2012 08:50 PM

Hopefully no Mormons fly planes into American buildings in the next few months.

Guru 08-23-2012 08:52 PM

I was thinking the same thing when I was flipping channels and came across NBC. Why is that even news at all.

Munson 08-23-2012 08:53 PM

We need Mormon control. :D

mlyonsd 08-23-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8845972)
It's pretty clear the GOP and Romney himself just have absolutely no idea how to address Mormonism. How to explain it, how to describe it.

The only angle they can really take on it is that the Librul Media is attacking it.

If a productive conversation about Mormonism comes out of this, or really any conversation about Mormonism comes out of this at all, I'll be deathly surprised.

You make Mormonism sound like a disease.

I'm not really sure why they should have to explain it unless it's being attacked. So then the question is why is it being attacked?

chiefforlife 08-23-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8845958)
I wonder when NBC or CBS or ABC will do an expose on Reverend Wright's anti-American diatribes in prime time?

I guess you dont remember those?

dirk digler 08-23-2012 08:59 PM

I didn't watch it what did it say?

La literatura 08-23-2012 09:02 PM

Compelling evidence.

Brock 08-23-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8845972)
It's pretty clear the GOP and Romney himself just have absolutely no idea how to address Mormonism. How to explain it, how to describe it.

The only angle they can really take on it is that the Librul Media is attacking it.

If a productive conversation about Mormonism comes out of this, or really any conversation about Mormonism comes out of this at all, I'll be deathly surprised.

What is there to say about it? It isn't scientology.

Direckshun 08-23-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 8846013)
You make Mormonism sound like a disease.

I'm not really sure why they should have to explain it unless it's being attacked. So then the question is why is it being attacked?

Oh, I get it. When Obama doesn't want to publicly pray, he's a fake Christian. But when the Romney campaign doesn't want to even talk about his Mormonism, it's in the purest name of religious freedom.

We consistently ask our Presidents and Presidential candidates to talk about their faiths, because if you follow a religion, chances are it drives your worldview and colors what you consider your top existential priorities.

The same Republican Party that has demanded constant displays of Christian faith from the President now doesn't even want to talk about their own candidates' faith.

Mormonism, in particular, has plenty of religious beliefs that, if held devoutly by somebody like Romney, it could have a tangible effect on policy.

Romney just doesn't want to talk about it. Ever. And rightly so, because a lot of people are genuinely spooked when they are confronted by it.

That's one of the reasons he failed to gain traction in 2008, running against McCain but mainly against Huckabee. He faced a ton of questions about his faith on the campaign trail, so many that he held a press conference to speak specifically about the topic.

Or at least that's how it was billed. He spoke for half an hour about religious tolerance, totally skirting the issue and not addressing or describing his beliefs at all. Religious tolerance is a fantastic message, and bless him for addressing it. But it's further evidence that he doesn't want to talk about it, he doesn't want you to even think about it, and he'd rather sweep it under the rug and never have to address it.

Comrade Crapski 08-23-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8846250)
What is there to say about it? It isn't scientology.

Or Freemasonry.

fan4ever 08-23-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8846428)
That's one of the reasons he failed to gain traction in 2008, running against McCain but mainly against Huckabee. He faced a ton of questions about his faith on the campaign trail, so many that he held a press conference to speak specifically about the topic.

Huckabee and Romney split the conservative base; that's how scarface the moderate got the nomination.

DaneMcCloud 08-23-2012 10:55 PM

I don't care what anyone says, the Mormon religion is a little more difficult to believe than the other mainstream religions.

Bewbies 08-23-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8846428)
Oh, I get it. When Obama doesn't want to publicly pray, he's a fake Christian. But when the Romney campaign doesn't want to even talk about his Mormonism, it's in the purest name of religious freedom.

We consistently ask our Presidents and Presidential candidates to talk about their faiths, because if you follow a religion, chances are it drives your worldview and colors what you consider your top existential priorities.

The same Republican Party that has demanded constant displays of Christian faith from the President now doesn't even want to talk about their own candidates' faith.

Mormonism, in particular, has plenty of religious beliefs that, if held devoutly by somebody like Romney, it could have a tangible effect on policy.

Romney just doesn't want to talk about it. Ever. And rightly so, because a lot of people are genuinely spooked when they are confronted by it.

That's one of the reasons he failed to gain traction in 2008, running against McCain but mainly against Huckabee. He faced a ton of questions about his faith on the campaign trail, so many that he held a press conference to speak specifically about the topic.

Or at least that's how it was billed. He spoke for half an hour about religious tolerance, totally skirting the issue and not addressing or describing his beliefs at all. Religious tolerance is a fantastic message, and bless him for addressing it. But it's further evidence that he doesn't want to talk about it, he doesn't want you to even think about it, and he'd rather sweep it under the rug and never have to address it.

Do you get spooked by black liberation theology? Do you hope that this election brings that out and that the media covers it so we can understand it?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.