ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics So who will be the GOP's Chief Buffoon in 2016? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263185)

Lightrise 09-04-2012 11:10 AM

So who will be the GOP's Chief Buffoon in 2016?

I think its safe to say that Paul Ryan will be walking the marathon back in Wisconsin. I hope that Jon Huntsman continues to speak around the country and if he does he just might succeed to purging the party establishment of the obstructionists. Obstructionism is on its last gasp. That strategy dies in January, thankfully.

You can forget Dr. Rice. Great speech and noble effort to cover-up the Bush administrations historic failures.

Forget all the republican Governors who have been committing intellectual sexual abuse of women for the past two years.

Forget all republican Governors who have had a hand in the voter suppression movement.

Looking at the Senate John Thune from South Dakota is possible. He might have run this time were it not for the very public humilation coming from advocacy for guns to be allowed on public transportation. How quickly they forget attacks on the homeland.

Forget Mitch Daniels, he's too short to be president.

Are we left with Mr. Doughnut himself from New Jersey?

Iowanian 09-04-2012 11:53 AM

I suppose you're talking about whatever Clown the DNC puts up against Romney's re-election.

blaise 09-04-2012 12:09 PM

We need to know now so we can start calling him a racist.

Saul Good 09-04-2012 12:23 PM

When does your ban end, btw, wickedson? I'm hoping to get my name back.

Hoover 09-04-2012 12:28 PM

None of the people you like or suggest will be the guy.

Huntsman - No way in hell.

I actually thing the 2016 field will be limited to the following field of 8 candidates

Paul Ryan
Chris Christie
Rick Santorum
Bobby Jindal
Scott Walker
Mike Pence
Rand Paul
Marco Rubio

Not all will run, but this is the coming field for the GOP.

cosmo20002 09-04-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightrise (Post 8876430)
I think its safe to say that Paul Ryan will be walking the marathon back in Wisconsin. I hope that Jon Huntsman continues to speak around the country and if he does he just might succeed to purging the party establishment of the obstructionists. Obstructionism is on its last gasp. That strategy dies in January, thankfully.

You can forget Dr. Rice. Great speech and noble effort to cover-up the Bush administrations historic failures.

Forget all the republican Governors who have been committing intellectual sexual abuse of women for the past two years.

Forget all republican Governors who have had a hand in the voter suppression movement.

Looking at the Senate John Thune from South Dakota is possible. He might have run this time were it not for the very public humilation coming from advocacy for guns to be allowed on public transportation. How quickly they forget attacks on the homeland.

Forget Mitch Daniels, he's too short to be president.

Are we left with Mr. Doughnut himself from New Jersey?

I highly doubt that obstructionism is on its last gasp. Rs were content to run the clock for 4 years. Result--severely limited Obama in the first two years, crippled him in the second two years. Took the House, will likely hold it. Good chance of taking the Senate. I see no reason to think they will suddenly become reasonable--they will happily run the clock another 4 years.

Front runner for 2016 is probably Ryan, followed by Santorum, maybe Christie if he doesn't keel over. Look for Jeb to try to salvage the familiy name. But what about Mitt? He may have another run left in him.

BWillie 09-04-2012 12:39 PM

Rubio I hope

RINGLEADER 09-04-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8876684)
Paul Ryan - Has all the intangibles and will have national exposure/battle-testing. If "extreme" label sticks, he could see Rubio pass him by.
Marco Rubio - If not for Veep incumbancy of Ryan he'd be an easy top choice, now he'll have to fight for it - but he's right there with Ryan.
Scott Walker - A wildcard that could catapult to the top of the list, but like two actors from the same movie vying for the same Oscar he could get "cancelled out" by Ryan.
Chris Christie - Has the attitude and will likely be looking for work, but liberal positions on the social issues will sink him.
Mike Pence - Who?
Rand Paul - He's another wildcard, could get traction easily, but won't have establishment backing.
Bobby Jindal - Just isn't an inspiring speaker, and others (above) are better at stating the case.
Rick Santorum - Maybe higher if he loses the perpetually constipated look. One spot higher.

That would be my order, provided Romney doesn't win of course.

vailpass 09-04-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Wickedson (Post 8876663)
When does your ban end, btw, wickedson? I'm hoping to get my name back.

Is that who this lightrise idiot is? Wickeddumb?

blaise 09-04-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8876822)

I don't know but it's a dupe for sure.

Maybe jAZ

vailpass 09-04-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8876827)
I don't know but it's a dupe for sure.

Sure seems like one...

bushliedpeopledied?
burningformansteak?

Saul Good 09-04-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8876822)

He started posting heavily once ws got banned, and he's even let skip a "lol" at the end of a post or two.

vailpass 09-04-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Wickedson (Post 8876837)
He started posting heavily once ws got banned, and he's even let skip a "lol" at the end of a post or two.

Say no more. A wink's as good as a nod to a blind man.

Lightrise 09-04-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 8876684)
None of the people you like or suggest will be the guy.

I actually thing the 2016 field will be limited to the following field of 8 candidates

Paul Ryan
Chris Christie
Rick Santorum
Bobby Jindal
Scott Walker
Mike Pence
Rand Paul
Marco Rubio

That's an excellent analysis. I can see every one of them giving it a go.

blaise 09-04-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Wickedson (Post 8876837)

Wickedson's "lol" is like Kotter's, "heh". I don't know if they can help it. It's like a tic.