ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet The conversation discourse in D.C. should be better. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263193)

BigRedChief 09-04-2012 12:32 PM

The conversation discourse in D.C. should be better.

I've been gone from D.C. for a couple of years and since I've been back I've been disappointed in the name calling and ridicule of another posters position. Immediately writing off someone who doesnt agree with you.

Yes, there are going to be strongly held beliefs on both sides. Passion for a position. If your position is the right position, surely you can make your point without name calling or making fun od the poster. Surely you can point out the fallacy of their position without calling then an idiot.

I'm not saying we have a cumbaya moment. Just that we each think before a post if we need to post the vitirol and name calling to make our points.

Just because D.C. isn't moderated doesn't mean we should just post any ****ing thing we want.

Radar Chief 09-04-2012 12:37 PM

What if "idiot" is an accurate label?

blaise 09-04-2012 12:38 PM

Good luck with that.

FishingRod 09-04-2012 12:38 PM

Oh the good old days formerly known as these trying times.

Iowanian 09-04-2012 12:39 PM

Bigredhallmonitor doesn't want anyone being mean to Obama fans.

vailpass 09-04-2012 12:40 PM

I'm from the Department of Redundancy Department. We have a report of a conversation discourse here.

vailpass 09-04-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 8876831)

Perhaps if we were to cut and paste an e-mail with 50 different points on why Romney should be elected and act indignant when nobody cared to parse all 50 ridiculous items one by one he'd feel better about the whole thing.

BigRedChief 09-04-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

you ****ers should have been monitering yourself. ;)

Take it from a new/old guy. It's out of hand. I'm a big boy. I handle a punch in the nose. But, if you want to see others wonder into this snake pit, you need to not resort to immediately going to name calling.

Thats if you really want a honest discussion. But maybe you guys like the bubble, feel safe in your Republican circle jerk. You just want a place to vent how much damage that communist nigerian has done to your country.

Lightrise 09-04-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8876813)
I've been gone from D.C. for a couple of years and since I've been back I've been disappointed in the name calling and ridicule of another posters position. Immediately writing off someone who doesnt agree with you.

Yes, there are going to be strongly held beliefs on both sides. Passion for a position. If your position is the right position, surely you can make your point without name calling or making fun od the poster. Surely you can point out the fallacy of their position without calling then an idiot.

I'm not saying we have a cumbaya moment. Just that we each think before a post if we need to post the vitirol and name calling to make our points.

Just because D.C. isn't moderated doesn't mean we should just post any ****ing thing we want.

Well, neither the republican governor of Ohio Jon Kasich or the republican governor of New Jersey could resist the crude behavior. Just gotta 'shut that whole thing down'

qabbaan 09-04-2012 12:52 PM

"Don't like the tone" = uncle

Chief Henry 09-04-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Its why the dems didn't like Clint Eastwoods speech either.

stevieray 09-04-2012 01:04 PM

you bet, BigRedPassiveAgressive!

Radar Chief 09-04-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8876856)
you ****ers should have been monitering yourself. ;)

Take it from a new/old guy. It's out of hand. I'm a big boy. I handle a punch in the nose. But, if you want to see others wonder into this snake pit, you need to not resort to immediately going to name calling.

Thats if you really want a honest discussion. But maybe you guys like the bubble, feel safe in your Republican circle jerk. You just want a place to vent how much damage that communist nigerian has done to your country.

Pffft. You O-Bots have had it easy.
Have SportShrink and HCF been here posting the daily limit of topics claiming Obama = evil every freaking day like jAZ and Denise were the prior 8 years? No. They post a few but nothing like the constant deluge we used to get.

KILLER_CLOWN 09-04-2012 01:15 PM

BRC it's never going to happen, arguments will happen. Take a look at our origins in Genesis, We're just not that intelligent if you want the truth. ;)

blaise 09-04-2012 01:19 PM

The tone should mostly be about how wonderful Obama is.