ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ed & Dave Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Things Chiefs Need to Change for Success (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263828)

Sorter 09-17-2012 12:08 PM

Things Chiefs Need to Change for Success
 
Here are some of mine, add what you see fit. I think most of us are in agreement on the first 3. The 4th is interesting to me because there are some who want us to switch back to the 4-3.


1. New QB. Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, or Matt Barkley.
2. New Head Coach: Rod Chudzinski, Mike Zimmer, Vic Fangio would all be good candidates.
3. New GM: Eric DeCosta
4. Switch from the 2-gap to the 1-gap. Put Poe at RDE, move Dorsey to LDE or draft a replacement if he walks and start Powe at NT. To me, the 1-gap gives us the best chance to maximize our talent and start getting pressure from our base 3-4 front. We NEVER get pressure from our base alignment, a 3-4 odd front due to our line playing the 2-gap. I want penetrating D-Lineman who are athletic, quick, and nasty.
5. A new inside LB that can cover. I love what Belcher does for this team in run-support but he gets victimized in coverage too many times.

Graystoke 09-17-2012 12:09 PM

6. Hunts sell Franchise

Bowser 09-17-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8920782)
Here are some of mine, add what you see fit. I think most of us are in agreement on the first 3. The 4th is interesting to me because there are some who want us to switch back to the 4-3.


1. New QB. Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, or Matt Barkley.
2. New Head Coach: Rod Chudzinski, Mike Zimmer, Vic Fangio would all be good candidates.
3. New GM: Eric DeCosta
4. Switch from the 2-gap to the 1-gap. Put Poe at RDE, move Dorsey to LDE or draft a replacement if he walks and start Powe at NT. To me, the 1-gap gives us the best chance to maximize our talent and start getting pressure from our base 3-4 front. We NEVER get pressure from our base alignment, a 3-4 odd front due to our line playing the 2-gap. I want penetrating D-Lineman who are athletic, quick, and nasty.
5. A new inside LB that can cover. I love what Belcher does for this team in run-support but he gets victimized in coverage too many times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 8920785)
6. Hunts sell Franchise

All of this.

Inmem58 09-17-2012 12:12 PM

This team is just awful, very hard to watch. It's more of a comedy show than a football game.

Chiefnj2 09-17-2012 12:13 PM

1. Get rid of Pioli.

He's had 4 years to make his mark. He's stepped in crap and gotten it all over the carpets of Arrowhead.

Bane 09-17-2012 12:14 PM

Score at least 1 more point than the other team.

Sorter 09-17-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystoke (Post 8920785)
6. Hunts sell Franchise

How I felt at first reading this post :

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9x58eZVpT1rsw1yf.gif

How I felt after, knowing that A) It won't happen and B) It would result in the best ownership for the Chiefs that we'll never get

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mabg8xMgkX1qmje97.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma...gdkgo1_400.gif

Inmem58 09-17-2012 12:19 PM

1. Hunt needs to open his wallet first.

BoneKrusher 09-17-2012 12:21 PM

Forget the Patriot Way and the Parcells Tree.

saphojunkie 09-17-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8920782)
Here are some of mine, add what you see fit. I think most of us are in agreement on the first 3. The 4th is interesting to me because there are some who want us to switch back to the 4-3.


1. New QB. Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, or Matt Barkley.
2. New Head Coach: Rod Chudzinski, Mike Zimmer, Vic Fangio would all be good candidates.
3. New GM: Eric DeCosta
4. Switch from the 2-gap to the 1-gap. Put Poe at RDE, move Dorsey to LDE or draft a replacement if he walks and start Powe at NT. To me, the 1-gap gives us the best chance to maximize our talent and start getting pressure from our base 3-4 front. We NEVER get pressure from our base alignment, a 3-4 odd front due to our line playing the 2-gap. I want penetrating D-Lineman who are athletic, quick, and nasty.
5. A new inside LB that can cover. I love what Belcher does for this team in run-support but he gets victimized in coverage too many times.

I would add Rob Ryan to the list of HC candidates. I'd love to see that defensive scheme in KC.

You know what sucks about all of this? It's what makes it great.

All of this could happen within a couple of months. They need to fire Pioli and Crennel during the season, so that all of these candidates know the position is open and plan accordingly.

As much as I've complained about getting a QB in the first round, I'm just not sure there is a guy coming out this year that is worth it. No one seems to be a genuine talent at the position.

I might rather draft the best pass rusher and take a guy at the top of the 2nd, a la Andy Dalton/Colin Kaepernick/Brees.

Granted, that is also a la Kevin Kolb. So wtf do I know?

BigMeatballDave 09-17-2012 12:29 PM

DeCosta would be great but I doubt Baltimore would even let him interview.

BoneKrusher 09-17-2012 12:31 PM

Burn all Playbooks

saphojunkie 09-17-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8920856)
DeCosta would be great but I doubt Baltimore would even let him interview.

They can't stop him. Teams can't block a guy from interviewing for a promotion.

Sorter 09-17-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8920851)
I would add Rob Ryan to the list of HC candidates. I'd love to see that defensive scheme in KC.

You know what sucks about all of this? It's what makes it great.

All of this could happen within a couple of months. They need to fire Pioli and Crennel during the season, so that all of these candidates know the position is open and plan accordingly.

As much as I've complained about getting a QB in the first round, I'm just not sure there is a guy coming out this year that is worth it. No one seems to be a genuine talent at the position.

I might rather draft the best pass rusher and take a guy at the top of the 2nd, a la Andy Dalton/Colin Kaepernick/Brees.

Rob Ryan would be okay. I'd rather have the others I mentioned, but it wouldn't be any worse than what we've had recently.

Smith, Wilson, and Barkley are all 1st round talent. Smith is the only one IMO who has talent similar to RG3, Luck, or Stafford.

As for taking the best pass rusher, normally I'm all for it. I wanted Mercilus, Ingram, etc. last year to have at least 3 guys who can legitimately rush the passer on the team. I think this year, you have to take a QB in the 1st round. Take the best CB prospect in the 2nd or the best available pass rusher and then the other in the 3rd if your draft philosophy is drafting by need.

Sorter 09-17-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 8920862)
They can't stop him. Teams can't block a guy from interviewing for a promotion.

http://pichars.org/store/8339_origin...kNicholson.gif


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.