ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Religion Protester dies after American flag burning goes awry (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263893)

qabbaan 09-18-2012 11:12 AM

Protester dies after American flag burning goes awry
 
Burning an American flag proved fatal for a Pakistani protester, who reportedly died from inhaling fumes from the ignited icon of independence.

Some 10,000 people rallied this week in Lahore, the capital of the Punjab province, to protest the movie trailer that Muslims say insults Islam, according to the International Herald-Tribune. One participant, identified as Abdullah Ismail, died after being taken to an area hospital. Witnesses said he had complained of feeling sick from the smoke from American flags burnt at the rally.

The rally was organized on the city's landmark mall by the Tehreek Hurmat-i-Rasool. Despite a ban on rallies on The Mall, local officials blocked off the road leading to it from noon to 6 p.m., apparently to facilitate the event.

The film trailer that has spurred angry protests throughout the Middle East, "Innocence of Muslims," was produced by a California man. The trailer ridicules Islam and depicts the Prophet Muhammad as a fraud, a womanizer and a pedophile.

But protesters asserted it was created with the backing of the U.S. government.

“The U.S. must make a law against blasphemy – or we will not let the US consulates in Pakistan function,” a rally organizer told the paper.

qabbaan 09-18-2012 11:12 AM

No word yet on when Obama's apology can be expected to arrive.

vailpass 09-18-2012 11:19 AM

LMAO Wish we had video of that one.

Rain Man 09-18-2012 11:42 AM

It seems like a good idea to coat all flags for export in toxic material that activates when set on fire. Perhaps this should be a policy from now on.

Brock 09-18-2012 11:44 AM

Something good has come from chinese made american flags.

listopencil 09-18-2012 11:56 AM

I wonder how much his family will win in the lawsuit? Oh, never mind, this happened in a foreign country.

vailpass 09-18-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8924793)
I wonder how much his family will win in the lawsuit? Oh, never mind, this happened in a foreign country.

The administration prefers to refer them as "reparations". It eases the American public into the concept so it goes smoother when obama introduces it domestically if he wins re-electoin.

DaneMcCloud 09-18-2012 11:59 AM

Darwin Award nominee

listopencil 09-18-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8924799)
The administration prefers to refer them as "reparations". It eases the American public into the concept so it goes smoother when obama introduces it domestically if he wins re-electoin.

That's it. I'm suing.

vailpass 09-18-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8924816)
That's it. I'm suing.

:D

I am sorry about your great great great uncle though I never knew him. Here's more $ than you could earn in 20 years if in fact you had a job.

NewChief 09-18-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8924586)
"The U.S. must make a law against blasphemy - or we will not let the US consulates in Pakistan function," a rally organizer told the paper.

Is eating a bag of dicks blasphemous?

Predarat 09-18-2012 12:09 PM

http://kristinhoppe.files.wordpress...._bye.jpg?w=500

listopencil 09-18-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8924832)
:D

I am sorry about your great great great uncle though I never knew him. Here's more $ than you could earn in 20 years if in fact you had a job.

No, I mean I'm suing over this flag burning thing. I'm sure my lawyer will figure something out. I can understand the misconception though. I am the official black person of Chiefs Planet.

vailpass 09-18-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 8924851)
No, I mean I'm suing over this flag burning thing. I'm sure my lawyer will figure something out. I can understand the misconception though. I am the official black person of Chiefs Planet.

I thought you were referring to my comment on reparations.
As to your flag burning suit, go for it. I can only imagine your emotional distress.

You can't be official Planet black guy, I am. Have been since Jensen called me a ******.

vailpass 09-18-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8924835)
Is eating a bag of dicks blasphemous?

Are they pork dicks?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.