ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Music Steel Panther! (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263937)

gblowfish 09-19-2012 09:26 AM

Steel Panther!
 
Best Bios in the Music Biz!
http://steelpantherrocks.com/bio/default.aspx

L.A. Chieffan 09-19-2012 09:31 AM

Ive seem them a few times monday nights at HOB Sunset. Asian Hookers might be favorite tune at the moment. theyre hilarious

Third Eye 09-19-2012 10:51 PM

I had no idea this band and Danger Kitty were one and the same.

gblowfish 09-20-2012 10:53 AM

Death to All Butt Metal!
(NSFW)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yfB7vF7nCdA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WhiteWhale 09-20-2012 12:59 PM

Heard their song 'fat girl' a few months ago at a bar.

It was hilarious.

Bowser 09-20-2012 03:13 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LKS3kx-Lcl4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 09-20-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye (Post 8929534)
I had no idea this band and Danger Kitty were one and the same.

Danger Kitty was the name the ad agency gave them for the commercial. They've never been known under that name before or since.

Bowser 09-20-2012 03:27 PM

ROFL

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/id1Ayo-G4eU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gblowfish 09-20-2012 03:27 PM

AC/DC cover, pretty tasty:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/woX3LuDItgU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bowser 09-20-2012 03:33 PM

I was told that Steel Panther started off as a cover band in LA, and did really well. They started doing their own thing with the comedy, and just couldn't sell enough tickets anywhere they went. Fast forward to today where they have a semi-regular gig in Vegas.

A buddy told me that Satchel was actually Rob Halford's guitarist when he was doing his solo stuff and with his band Fight. He can play the hell out of the guitar.

L.A. Chieffan 09-20-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8931035)
ROFL

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/id1Ayo-G4eU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haha, this is what most of their concerts are like. REALLY hot REALLY drunk chicks everywhere.

DaneMcCloud 09-20-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8931048)
I was told that Steel Panther started off as a cover band in LA, and did really well. They started doing their own thing with the comedy, and just couldn't sell enough tickets anywhere they went. Fast forward to today where they have a semi-regular gig in Vegas.

A buddy told me that Satchel was actually Rob Halford's guitarist when he was doing his solo stuff and with his band Fight. He can play the hell out of the guitar.

Steel Panther features some of LA's best players. Ralph, the lead singer, has been in various "Strip" bands and at one time joined L.A. Guns. He's really most known for "Atomic Punks", the Van Halen tribute band in which he apes DLR perfectly. I mean, perfectly.

Russ Parrish, the guitarist, also did the "Disco" thing, Atomic Punks and had his own original band in which he sang called "The Ducks". He also appeared on Halford's first solo record. Great dude.

They used to host a Sunday night jam at the Viper Room, before it was sold, under the name of Metal Skool. They still appear at the Roxy on a regular basis.

gblowfish 09-22-2012 10:58 AM

VH1: Behind the music:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wL6wZkiK9JA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OctoberFart 09-22-2012 12:02 PM

I've seen them in Vegas at Mandalay bay a couple of times. Easy to get laid at those shows.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.