ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Royals > Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264094)

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-23-2012 12:48 AM

Royals > Chiefs

I know football is the most popular sport in America and I know this is a football site. That said Chiefs fans who make fun of the Royals make me laugh... because the Chiefs are more of an embarrasment to the city than even our baseball team.

Yes the Chiefs were the last to win a playoff game. Woohoo. In my lifetime (43 years) the Royals have played in two World Series' and won one. The Chiefs................... yeah that.

The Royals aren't yet mathematically eliminated with less than 2 weeks to go in the season this year. Who thinks the Chiefs will be in that position this year?

Royals > Chiefs. Pretend that's not true.

BryanBusby 09-23-2012 12:58 AM

Oh this must be the part in the abusive cycle in the relationship between the Royals and the fans where the fans believe things will get better, even though it won't. :)

SPchief 09-23-2012 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8936912)
I know football is the most popular sport in America and I know this is a football site. That said Chiefs fans who make fun of the Royals make me laugh... because the Chiefs are more of an embarrasment to the city than even our baseball team.

Yes the Chiefs were the last to win a playoff game. Woohoo. In my lifetime (43 years) the Royals have played in two World Series' and won one. The Chiefs................... yeah that.

The Royals aren't yet mathematically eliminated with less than 2 weeks to go in the season this year. Who thinks the Chiefs will be in that position this year?

Royals > Chiefs. Pretend that's not true.

Dude, I love the Royals as much as you do, but this is just a skip town type thread. And pulling out the not eliminated thing is awful. They need to win every game and have the Sox and Tigers lose every game.

|Zach| 09-23-2012 01:00 AM

Its not true at all.

acesn8s 09-23-2012 01:01 AM

If Chi Sox win tomorrow then the Royals are done....officially. Though they have been done since their 12 game losing streak.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-23-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 8936919)
Oh this must be the part in the abusive cycle in the relationship between the Royals and the fans where the fans believe things will get better, even though it won't. :)

Right. The Royals fans are the ones in the abusive cycle.

LMAO

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-23-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief (Post 8936923)
Dude, I love the Royals as much as you do, but this is just a skip town type thread. And pulling out the not eliminated thing is awful. They need to win every game and have the Sox and Tigers lose every game.

I asked if you think the Chiefs will be in the same position with 2 weeks to go. The difference is the Royals haven't lost for 43 years running.

Unsmooth-Moment 09-23-2012 01:05 AM

KC has already shown it can support a successful baseball team, but it still supports a terrible football franchise. As far as who is closer to competing? I'd say it's pretty close, but both teams need a guy who can throw the ball.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-23-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s (Post 8936927)
If Chi Sox win tomorrow then the Royals are done....officially. Though they have been done since their 12 game losing streak.

Mathematically no.

SPchief 09-23-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8936932)
I asked if you think the Chiefs will be in the same position with 2 weeks to go. The difference is the Royals haven't lost for 43 years running.

To answer your question, no. But you know (or I would hope you would know) anything can happen. But why the thread? Again this is a crappy thread ala Skip to generate a 100 post thread for no reason other than to get people to throw shit at each other. It's almost n00b like

|Zach| 09-23-2012 01:16 AM

The Chiefs only on occasion have slipped down to being the worst in their division which is common place for the Royals.

The Chiefs are currently vacationing in a level of failure the Royals call home.

Titty Meat 09-23-2012 01:16 AM

This thread ****ing sucks

SPchief 09-23-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8936934)
Mathematically no.

wrong

kysirsoze 09-23-2012 01:16 AM

Which kind of shit smells worse? Who cares? People like what they like. If the defense of your favorite team is, "They're better than the Chiefs" you are in serious trouble.

Dr. Johnny Fever 09-23-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8936939)
This thread ****ing sucks

So it's familiar to you...