ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Neighbor dilemna (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264248)

Guru 09-25-2012 04:27 PM

Neighbor dilemna
 
How do ask your neighbors to try and keep their dog from barking incessantly without sounding like an ass. Getting woke up 3 days in a row now working nights is killing me. All the while they are leaving the dog outside for hours at a time. Something they didn't used to do.

Since I have to sleep from 8:30 to 4:00 everyday, getting woke up all the time like this is becoming a problem now. It doesn't help that my bedroom is right next to where their dog does this.

They are great neighbors BTW. Never had an issue until this.

R8RFAN 09-25-2012 04:29 PM

Buy one of those cheap bark collars and ask them if they will put it on him during the day.

saphojunkie 09-25-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8950524)
How do ask your neighbors to try and keep their dog from barking incessantly without sounding like an ass. Getting woke up 3 days in a row now working nights is killing me. All the while they are leaving the dog outside for hours at a time. Something they didn't used to do.

Since I have to sleep from 8:30 to 4:00 everyday, getting woke up all the time like this is becoming a problem now. It doesn't help that my bedroom is right next to where their dog does this.

They are great neighbors BTW. Never had an issue until this.

Change your WIFI name to "shut that ****ing dog up, you piece of monkey shit."

That'll do it.

Reerun_KC 09-25-2012 04:29 PM

Stroll over like this
http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/...4223424331.gif

and pour the doggie a cup of this
http://www.tn.gov/environment/swm/im...antifreeze.jpg

seclark 09-25-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8950524)
They are great neighbors BTW. Never had an issue until this.

well then, just mention it to them. see what happens.
sec

Bump 09-25-2012 04:30 PM

you could explain your situation to them and see if they can accommodate you.

I would try to use a fan to muffle out the sound if it were me though.

Reerun_KC 09-25-2012 04:30 PM

Then head back to sleep.

Chocolate Hog 09-25-2012 04:32 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._(cropped).jpg

Donger 09-25-2012 04:33 PM

See if your town has a barking dog noise ordinance.

Reerun_KC 09-25-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 8950550)
See if your town has a barking dog noise ordinance.

IF not implement your own...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...px-Glock17.jpg

InChiefsHell 09-25-2012 04:35 PM

Ask them if the dog is OK, or if something is wrong with him. You've just noticed a ton of barking lately, and it's waking you up. When they say there's nothing wrong with the dog, you say "Thank goodness for that. Is there any way you could try to calm him down a little? He just keeps waking me up and it's really starting to kill me with work".

That way you sound concerned, non-accusatory and that might make them a little more sympathetic.

DaFace 09-25-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark (Post 8950536)
well then, just mention it to them. see what happens.
sec

Yeah, that's the place to start. As long as you don't come off as an ass berating them, most reasonable people would at least make an effort to be more quick to shush the dog if they know you're sleeping next door.

lcarus 09-25-2012 04:37 PM

I have a neighbor directly behind me and they have a little dog that barked nonstop all damn night and all damn morning. It just..wouldn't stop. I'd never heard anything like it. I wanted to murder that damn thing. Hasn't happened again though.

lcarus 09-25-2012 04:37 PM

Oh but as far as a solution to your problem, get a treble hook and stuff it in a meatball, toss that thing over the fence and call it a day.

Scorp 09-25-2012 04:37 PM

WTF?????????????????????
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/615/antifreezex2.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.