ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Media Frontline (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264306)

Direckshun 09-27-2012 08:56 AM

Frontline

If you are not DVRing this program, you need to start.

Based off a few recommendations, I've been watching this program for a month now and I am blown away every single episode.

Every. Single. Episode.

It's a documentary program discussing pertinent issues domestic, foreign, on every issue under the sun.

Anybody else watch this?

cosmo20002 09-27-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8953878)

Based off a few recommendations, I've been watching this program for a month now and I am blown away every single episode.

Every. Single. Episode.

It's a documentary program discussing pertinent issues domestic, foreign, on every issue under the sun.

Anybody else watch this?

PBS is left-wing propaganda. I only watch documentaries narrated by Sarah Palin and/or Sean Hannity and aired on Fox News. /right-wing nut

blaise 09-27-2012 01:29 PM

Important issues? So, horse and donuts stories?

- cosmo

vailpass 09-27-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 8953878)

Every. Single. Episode.

Anybody else watch this?

On Amazon Video they have every season of Frontline going back for like 30 years or so. Free if you are Prime. I've watched a bunch of them, very well done.

cosmo20002 09-27-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 8954567)
Important issues? So, horse and donuts stories?

- cosmo

You forgot airplane windows that open.

jiveturkey 09-27-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8954577)
On Amazon Video they have every season of Frontline going back for like 30 years or so. Free if you are Prime. I've watched a bunch of them, very well done.

Hot damn! I took a look at my DVR'ing options and it didn't look like it was going to work out.

The Amazon option fixes that. :thumb:

I've caught a couple of episodes here and there and was thoroughly impressed each time.

vailpass 09-27-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 8954619)
Hot damn! I took a look at my DVR'ing options and it didn't look like it was going to work out.

The Amazon option fixes that. :thumb:

I've caught a couple of episodes here and there and was thoroughly impressed each time.

Glad to hear it. The amount of viewable content on Amazon is a nice bonus of being Prime.

jiveturkey 09-27-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8954652)
Glad to hear it. The amount of viewable content on Amazon is a nice bonus of being Prime.

I just forget about it. When I'm bored I'll check the latest movie additions but never thought about shows like this.

People who aren't Prime should probably kick their own asses. I'm approaching the 1 year mark and I've cleaned up on free kindle books and shipping.

Brock 09-27-2012 02:11 PM

Anybody heard of a show called 60 minutes? I hear it's pretty informative.

vailpass 09-27-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8954676)
Anybody heard of a show called 60 minutes? I hear it's pretty informative.

LMAO I resisted the temptation to go that route but yeah, OP sounds like Frontline is new.

KChiefer 09-27-2012 04:06 PM

Money, Power, Wall Street.

bandwagonjumper 09-27-2012 04:10 PM

I like PBS.

NewChief 09-27-2012 04:14 PM

The recent episode on public school dropout prevention in Houston was really solid. All too familiar, sadly, and I live in a relatively "functional" district with a relatively "functional" student body.

fan4ever 09-27-2012 04:25 PM

I loved "Frontier House" a number of years ago...what a great documentary.

WilliamTheIrish 09-28-2012 12:19 AM

Frontline did one of the greatest documentaries on Hafez Asaad, former King Of Syria that I've ever seen. It documented how an uprising occurred to unseat him in a town called and in response he buried the entire city under sand.

Hama Rules may have been the title. But it's been close to 20 years since I've seen that episode.