ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Insider: Scott Pioli wanted Peyton Manning (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264482)

Von Dumbass 09-30-2012 11:23 PM

Insider: Scott Pioli wanted Peyton Manning
 
Quote:

Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Matt Cassel at least has one supporter left in coach Romeo Crennel. Beyond that, the fourth-year starter for the Chiefs is losing confidence from players and many others in the organization. In fact, if the team had a better alternative than Brady Quinn as the top backup, Cassel might have already found his way to the bench.

"Look, there's a big reason why they went after Peyton Manning as hard as they did this offseason," said a source with knowledge of Chiefs president Scott Pioli's thinking. "What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--we...rting-job.html

More Chiefs stuff at the link (ran out of characters on PS3)

pr_capone 09-30-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

"Look, there's a big reason why they went after Peyton Manning as hard as they did this offseason," said a source with knowledge of Chiefs president Scott Pioli's thinking. "What you're seeing from Cassel is pretty much what was expected. He's a really nice backup, not a starter."
As hard as they did?

DaneMcCloud 09-30-2012 11:24 PM

Revisionist history

Raiderhader 09-30-2012 11:25 PM

If true Scott (not entirely convinced) has no one to blame but himself. He promised competition and didn't deliver. He shouldn't have put all of his eggs in the Manning basket. Absolutely foolish.

KCrockaholic 09-30-2012 11:26 PM

I HATE hearing about how Cassel is a good backup.

No he's not. He ****ing SUCKS ASS at football. Mother ****ing TJ Yates is a better player than Matt Cassel. He went out and won a playoff game.

He's not a good starter. Not a good back up. Not a good 3rd stringer.

He might be an ok player in the CFL.

Priest31kc 09-30-2012 11:28 PM

Sooooo he failed on Manning and then proceeded to not spend one pick on a QB in the draft....Okay. Instead he drafts 2 OL in the 2nd & 3rd round...

New World Order 09-30-2012 11:29 PM

You know shit has really hit the fan when Scott Pioli has given up on his golden boy

L.A. Chieffan 09-30-2012 11:30 PM

This is Bullshit and the header is misleading

BigMeatballDave 09-30-2012 11:30 PM

Could the title to this be any more misleading?

bricks 09-30-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8965935)
I HATE hearing about how Cassel is a good backup.

No he's not. He ****ing SUCKS ASS at football. Mother ****ing TJ Yates is a better player than Matt Cassel. He went out and won a playoff game.

He's not a good starter. Not a good back up. Not a good 3rd stringer.

He might be an ok player in the CFL.

I'd say he is nothing more than a serviceable backup and I'm being pretty generous there.

Hes ideal for a situation where he is on a really good team, starting QB gets hurt for a few games and Cassel comes in and just manages the game. Not asked to win it or lose it just put the game in the rest of the teams hands.

pr_capone 09-30-2012 11:32 PM

Amazing. I have put 5 different people on ignore today alone.

Chiefs=Good 09-30-2012 11:32 PM

Bullshit. If you want to replace him Scott, you had your chance in the draft.

Prove us wrong and do whatever it takes to get Geno Smith. Untill then **** off!

pr_capone 09-30-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 8965942)
Bullshit. If you want to replace him Scott, you had your chance in the draft.

Prove us wrong and do whatever it takes to get Geno Smith. Untill then **** off!

you should change your UN

Von Dumbass 09-30-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8965939)
Could the title to this be any more misleading?

The quote was too long to type verbatim, so I posted the gist of it.

L.A. Chieffan 09-30-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8965945)
The quote was too long to type verbatim, so I posted the gist of it.

Which is complete Bullshit.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.