ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Economics Obama's October surprise !!!! (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264673)

Chiefshrink 10-05-2012 08:17 AM

Obama's October surprise !!!!

7.8% unemployment rate:rolleyes:

No wonder he doesn't have to do well in these debates;)

Chiefshrink 10-05-2012 08:23 AM

Hey what does OMarxist's birth certificate and the unemployment rate have in common ????? :shrug: :LOL:

mikey23545 10-05-2012 09:22 AM

Unbelievable.

Economists had predicted the number of jobs that would be added in September almost exactly - and it was not even enough to keep up with population increase. They also predicted that such a low figure would cause unemployment to rise to 8.2%.

Incredibly, the figure fell 0.3%, MEANING ALL THESE EXPERTS WERE WRONG BY 0.4%...

Has the prediction for a single month ever been wrong by that much, especially when they were so close to the exact figure for jobs added?

This has crossed over from being incredulous to frightening. This government controls much of the information being released to us, and their fawning puppets in the mainstream media are more than eager to play along.

HonestChieffan 10-05-2012 09:23 AM

Cooked
Books

LiveSteam 10-05-2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 8978832)
Cooked
Books

Never Not king Obama LMAO

King_Chief_Fan 10-05-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 8978832)
Cooked
Books

The employment data was too much for some people to take in. Former General Electric CEO Jack Welch tweeted: "Unbelievable jobs numbers..these Chicago guys will do anything..can't debate so change numbers." I'm not sure that kind of carefully considered opinion will burnish his reputation as a business leader

redsurfer11 10-05-2012 09:28 AM

Over 1.5 Million new unemployment claims last month. 113,000 new jobs added to private sector last month. 7.8% unemployment. As Obuma would say "It's Arithmetic"

TEX 10-05-2012 09:30 AM

Less jobs added this month than last and more folks file for unemployment, yet unemployment goes down??? - Right! - LMAO

Why don't they ADD those poor folks who have QUIT searching for work and see what that does to the numbers. If added - you're looking at double digit unemployment figures. I HOPE Obama brings these numbers up at the next debate. Romney will set him straight - AGAIN.

ChiTown 10-05-2012 09:38 AM

I'm sure there is a logical explanation as to how 114,000 New jobs can equal a decrease of 0.3% in unemployment. I'd just like to see the math.

ChiefsandO'sfan 10-05-2012 09:47 AM

seasonal hiring

mikey23545 10-05-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 8978848)
The employment data was too much for some people to take in. Former General Electric CEO Jack Welch tweeted: "Unbelievable jobs numbers..these Chicago guys will do anything..can't debate so change numbers." I'm not sure that kind of carefully considered opinion will burnish his reputation as a business leader

BigRedChief 10-05-2012 09:53 AM

First you didn't like the poll numbers so you just said all them are biased then next it's they're not real unemployment numbers, you say these are cooked books. get out of the bubble

qabbaan 10-05-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 8978883)
I'm sure there is a logical explanation as to how 114,000 New jobs can equal a decrease of 0.3% in unemployment. I'd just like to see the math.

Many more people leaving the work force or going on disability.

This is oh so convenient because when these numbers are revised later, the election will be over.

LiveSteam 10-05-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8978921)
Many more people leaving the work force or going on disability.

This is oh so convenient because when these numbers are revised later, the election will be over.

The King can cook all the books he wants. It still wont be enough to get him reelected

ChiTown 10-05-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 8978911)

http://money.cnn.com/2012/10/05/news...ployment-rate/

Jack Welch: Unemployment rate cooked
By Chris Isidore @CNNMoney October 5, 2012: 11:33 AM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- The big drop in the unemployment rate a month before the presidential election brought cries of disbelief and conspiracy theories from Jack Welch and other critics of the Obama administration Friday. But the Labor Department was quick to dismiss such claims.
"Unbelievable jobs numbers..these Chicago guys will do anything..can't debate so change numbers," tweeted Welch, the former CEO of General Electric (GE, Fortune 500).

The unemployment rate fell to 7.8% in September, down from 8.1% a month earlier. The drop was due to the Bureau of Labor Statistics' survey of households showing that 873,000 more people had jobs than in the previous month. That was the biggest one-month gain in more than nine years.
Welch wasn't alone in raising questions about the jobs numbers. Americans for Limited Government, a conservative group that has been a steady critic of the Obama administration, issued a statement that said the numbers the Bureau of Labor Statistics "used to calculate the unemployment rate are wrong, or worse manipulated. Given that these numbers conveniently meet Obama's campaign promises one month before the election, the conclusions are obvious...Anyone who takes this unemployment report serious is either naive or a paid Obama campaign adviser."

Conn Carroll, a senior writer at the conservative Washington Examiner suggested a slightly less nefarious form of manipulation of the data.
"I don't think BLS cooked numbers. I think a bunch of Dems lied about getting jobs. That would have same effect," he tweeted. "Would love to see the partisan breakdown of the 873,000 Americans who say they got new jobs."

BLS denied there was any manipulation of the data or anything out of the ordinary about the unemployment rate calculation.

"No political appointee is involved in the collecting, processing and analyzing of the data," said Thomas Nardone, the associate commissioner for employment and unemployment statistics. He said the Council of Economic Advisers doesn't get the numbers until Thursday afternoon, and that the Secretary of Labor herself doesn't see them until Friday morning.
Related: GE's Immelt - U.S. starved for investment
Even some conservative economists defended the BLS's integrity and legitimacy of the numbers.

"The jobs #'s may look fishy to some, but if you step back, it's just a plow horse economy lumbering along," tweeted Brian Wesbury, chief economist at First Trust.