ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs You know what? I like what Winston had to say. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264797)

Chris Meck 10-07-2012 10:54 PM

You know what? I like what Winston had to say.
 
Hold on now, hear me out.

The players don't choose who plays or not, the coaches do. In the Chiefs case, I think it seems clear that the GM is making that decision at least at QB. What the players DO choose to do is be a TEAM.

Winston is standing up for his teammate. He's circling the wagons. He's trying to inspire his teammates to be 'brawlers', to get physical and kick some ass. I like it.

I wish it were not necessary, and that we could actually have a balanced offense, but I appreciate the backbone the guy is showing. It says that they are playing for each other, which is what you want.

It just sucks that Cassel is so bad at his job. He's clearly a great guy, to inspire this sort of response even after being sooooo bad on the field. Maybe Quinn's lightbulb goes on and we start winning. It's a pretty talented team overall.

New World Order 10-07-2012 10:56 PM

Maybe they weren't booing Cassel getting hurt? They were cheering for Quinn when came onto the field.

FAX 10-07-2012 10:56 PM

You wouldn't happen to be a Leprechaun by any chance, would you?

FAX

KCChiefsFan88 10-07-2012 10:56 PM

I like Winston, he is a former Miami Hurricane... however he is dead wrong here.

Where is this passion and anger from Winston and other Chiefs veterans when it comes to their pathetic showing this season? Where is this "enough is enough" attitude when it comes to blowout loss after blowout loss at Arrowhead Stadium?

Molitoth 10-07-2012 10:56 PM

there were better ways for Winston to rally his team than attack a very over loyal fan base.

**** winston

FAX 10-07-2012 10:57 PM

Next up ... Tampa Bay. We'll see how street brawly we get down there.

FAX

chiefzilla1501 10-07-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 8990791)
Hold on now, hear me out.

The players don't choose who plays or not, the coaches do. In the Chiefs case, I think it seems clear that the GM is making that decision at least at QB. What the players DO choose to do is be a TEAM.

Winston is standing up for his teammate. He's circling the wagons. He's trying to inspire his teammates to be 'brawlers', to get physical and kick some ass. I like it.

I wish it were not necessary, and that we could actually have a balanced offense, but I appreciate the backbone the guy is showing. It says that they are playing for each other, which is what you want.

It just sucks that Cassel is so bad at his job. He's clearly a great guy, to inspire this sort of response even after being sooooo bad on the field. Maybe Quinn's lightbulb goes on and we start winning. It's a pretty talented team overall.

You're going to get a lot of shit for this. But I see points where you're right. This team lacks leadership. He could have done it less condescendingly. But I'm not going to get too hung up on a player defending his teammate, no matter how bad that teammate is.

It's just a shame that the front office has forced our players to stoop to this level.

ghak99 10-07-2012 11:01 PM

Bullshit, this ****ing n00b just pissed in the face of a fan base that has loyally supported two shit franchises for longer than he's been in the NFL.

**** him.

jAZ 10-07-2012 11:02 PM

No, this doesn't require these mental gymnastics to understand.

He's pissed because today he learned that there are a bunch of shitty people in Kansas City and he and the whole country are disgusted by some of our fans. And anyone who defends them now are even shittier people because they don't have the "heat of the moment" excuse.

What an embarrassment.

NJChiefsFan 10-07-2012 11:02 PM

I don't mean to be the anal n00b here but why the hell is this a new thread? This could very easily be in either of the Winston threads. Now we have 3 threads talking about the same subject.

Nightfyre 10-07-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8990816)
I don't mean to be the anal n00b here but why the hell is this a new thread? This could very easily be in either of the Winston threads. Now we have 3 threads talking about the same subject.

:clap:

DaneMcCloud 10-07-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 8990791)
Hold on now, hear me out.

The players don't choose who plays or not, the coaches do. In the Chiefs case, I think it seems clear that the GM is making that decision at least at QB. What the players DO choose to do is be a TEAM.

Winston is standing up for his teammate. He's circling the wagons. He's trying to inspire his teammates to be 'brawlers', to get physical and kick some ass. I like it.

I wish it were not necessary, and that we could actually have a balanced offense, but I appreciate the backbone the guy is showing. It says that they are playing for each other, which is what you want.

It just sucks that Cassel is so bad at his job. He's clearly a great guy, to inspire this sort of response even after being sooooo bad on the field. Maybe Quinn's lightbulb goes on and we start winning. It's a pretty talented team overall.

Winston is a clueless ****ing 'roidhead that had no idea why the fans were cheering.

**** him and his $22 million dollar contract.

He's no leader.

KCChiefsFan88 10-07-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 8990813)
No, this doesn't require these mental gymnastics to understand.

He's pissed because today he learned that there are a bunch of shitty people in Kansas City and he and the whole country are disgusted by some of our fans. And anyone who defends them now are even shittier people because they don't have the "heat of the moment" excuse.

What an embarrassment.

Eric Winston and every member of this team should be humiliated by their performance this season... where is Winston's locker room rant over that? Where is the locker room rant after the humiliating beat down by San Diego last week?

And speaking of embarrassments and disgraces... that would be dickless shits like yourself who defend the Chiefs. You are a piece of garbage and I hope you rot in hell.

Phobia 10-07-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ (Post 8990813)
No, this doesn't require these mental gymnastics to understand.

He's pissed because today he learned that there are a bunch of shitty people in Kansas City and he and the whole country are disgusted by some of our fans. And anyone who defends them now are even shittier people because they don't have the "heat of the moment" excuse.

What an embarrassment.

Aw - jAZ comes in to save the day. Your and idiot. Even Rich Baldinger said tonight that Winston owes the fans an apology

mcaj22 10-07-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8990819)
Winston is a clueless ****ing 'roidhead that had no idea why the fans were cheering.

**** him and his $22 million dollar contract.

He's no leader.

i love you


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.