ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Universal Health Care Case Study (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264950)

Taco John 10-10-2012 02:44 PM

Universal Health Care Case Study

This is going to be difficult, but I have faith in you to power through this.

The video below pretty well documents the type of people that people generally hate. But let's be real - no one hates these people more than tolerant leftists. This video documents the antithesis of enlightened leftist thought.

But it caught my eye - in this video we observe rednecks in their natural habitat preparing a dish which they consider to be a delicacy that runs in their family.

Observe:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KswWfq2drCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So my question is: how the **** could anyone want to give these people universal health care? To me, this is a picture of why Universal Health Care would never, ever, ever work.

Saul Good 10-10-2012 02:50 PM

Suddenly death panels don't sound like a half bad idea.

WoodDraw 10-10-2012 02:55 PM

Is this the same source you get your 9/11 facts from? Or should I actually watch it?

bowener 10-10-2012 03:01 PM

This video proves to me there can be no God.

jiveturkey 10-10-2012 03:13 PM

It's a pigman

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oIsbQuFqth...400/Pigman.jpg

suzzer99 10-10-2012 03:21 PM

Universal Healthcare case study: Norway, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, Kuwait, Sweden, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Netherlands, Austria, United Arab Emirates, Finland, Slovenia, Denmark, Luxembourg, France, Australia, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Cyprus, Greece, Spain, South Korea, Iceland, Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, Israel.

Results? Better than US current FUBAR status quo that drives prices sky high, uses the emergency room as a doctor's office and sends people into medical bankruptcy.

qabbaan 10-10-2012 03:46 PM

I watched an episode at the behest of a coworker.

As disgusting as they are, the mom is an extreme couponer and the dad seems like a decent hardworking guy, if a bit of a doofus. My guess is they have health care from his job and they may be paying at least some of their own way.

The problem with cost in health care is in large part that costs have been inflated for many years by the underfunded Medicare system.

BucEyedPea 10-10-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 8999125)

But it caught my eye - in this video we observe rednecks in their natural habitat preparing a dish which they consider to be a delicacy that runs in their family.

As in RedNeckRaider? :doh!:

BucEyedPea 10-10-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 8999275)
Universal Healthcare case study: Norway, New Zealand, Japan, Germany, Belgium, United Kingdom, Kuwait, Sweden, Bahrain, Brunei, Canada, Netherlands, Austria, United Arab Emirates, Finland, Slovenia, Denmark, Luxembourg, France, Australia, Ireland, Italy, Portugal, Cyprus, Greece, Spain, South Korea, Iceland, Hong Kong, Singapore, Switzerland, Israel.

Results? Better than US current FUBAR status quo that drives prices sky high, uses the emergency room as a doctor's office and sends people into medical bankruptcy.

Most of who are bankrupt or have imploding economies. Who have lagged behind in recession recoveries compared to the US.
Few who rely as heavily on hi-tech healthcare but use more lo-tech healthcare. Those ME ones pay for their people from oil wealth.

qabbaan 10-10-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Make sure you attach the average effective tax rate in those countries as the price tag, for the 53% - people who are covered today but will be footing the bill for everyone else.

Saul Good 10-10-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Have those countries been developing medical breakthroughs, or have they simply leeched off of medicines, procedures, equipment, etc. created in the mean, profit-driven world of US medicine?