ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Stanzi has become another Pioli zombie (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265012)

BossChief 10-11-2012 09:32 PM

Stanzi has become another Pioli zombie

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...4-e66e3a357502

Stanzi on performance during the preseason and preparation for upcoming game:

“The preseason is a great chance to learn, obviously, and I think that is what we did as a team and we’re still trying to build off of that. Every week we’re trying to learn from our mistakes and build on those, go to the next week and try to get better. I know it’s cliché, but that’s really all you can do in any type of situation you get in –whether you’re winning or losing – you have to take it one game at a time, one practice at a time and just try to get better.”

Lots or those word things, absolutely no substance.

Discuss Thrower 10-11-2012 09:35 PM

I hate Pioli but you can't seriously think this is different than what 95% of football players say across the country..

htismaqe 10-11-2012 09:37 PM

Stanzi is dead to me. Collateral damage.

RealSNR 10-11-2012 09:38 PM

Those extra $$$ Pioli is spending on brainwashing sessions appear to be paying off.

chiefzilla1501 10-11-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9004074)
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...4-e66e3a357502

Stanzi on performance during the preseason and preparation for upcoming game:

“The preseason is a great chance to learn, obviously, and I think that is what we did as a team and we’re still trying to build off of that. Every week we’re trying to learn from our mistakes and build on those, go to the next week and try to get better. I know it’s cliché, but that’s really all you can do in any type of situation you get in –whether you’re winning or losing – you have to take it one game at a time, one practice at a time and just try to get better.”

Lots or those word things, absolutely no substance.

When's the last time we became super fans of any specific player? Our players have no personality. They talk off scripts. We don't see them on TV or radio shows. I enjoy watching Jamaal Charles. But I'm not the fan of him that i was of Trent Green or Priest Holmes. I'm just not.

I mentioned this on the "banner" thread. I don't think we realize until we truly think about it how stripped we are of the fan experience. These guys used to feel like our own. Now they feel like strangers who play in our stadium.

Pioli seriously needs to go. Even if we win, Arrowhead will NEVER be the same until we lift these bullshit player / coach media restrictions.

RealSNR 10-11-2012 09:41 PM

Looks like my evaluation of Stanzi was correct.

The real Ricky Stanzi died, and now there's this shitty robot Ricky Stanzi taking his place, who stinks it up in the preseason instead of shines, and who says ****ing stupid Patriot Way bullshit because he was programmed that way.

htismaqe 10-11-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9004115)

The real Ricky Stanzi died, and now there's this shitty robot Ricky Stanzi taking his place, who stinks it up in the preseason instead of shines, and who says ****ing stupid Patriot Way bullshit because he was programmed that way.

Yep.

RealSNR 10-11-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9004101)
When's the last time we became super fans of any specific player? Our players have no personality. They talk off scripts. We don't see them on TV or radio shows. I enjoy watching Jamaal Charles. But I'm not the fan of him that i was of Trent Green or Priest Holmes. I'm just not.

I mentioned this on the "banner" thread. I don't think we realize until we truly think about it how stripped we are of the fan experience. These guys used to feel like our own. Now they feel like strangers who play in our stadium.

Pioli seriously needs to go. Even if we win, Arrowhead will NEVER be the same until we lift these bullshit player / coach media restrictions.

I'll bet Pioli layed awake for weeks straight in 2010 when Shaun Smith was on the team.

BossChief 10-11-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9004115)

Its sad, really.

Maybe he is just trying to say the "right things" because he realizes his time might be coming?

Stanzi will end this year as the teams starting quarterback.

DaneMcCloud 10-11-2012 09:46 PM

The only people that expected anything more from Stanzi were Iowa fans.

htismaqe 10-11-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9004138)
Stanzi will end this year as the teams starting quarterback.

Doubtful. But might as well keep hoping. The alternative is shitty.

BossChief 10-11-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9004145)

Those were the only posters that saw the kid play for more than one game.

Keep acting like some highly respected posters on here didnt/dont think the kid could be a good pro.

htismaqe 10-11-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Bullshit.

He was a VERY good college QB, clutch in big games.

To dismiss what might have been potential as "homerism" is just flat being disingenuous.

Lots of people here wanted Kirk Cousins who is a poor man's Ricky Stanzi.

RealSNR 10-11-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

I'm a Badger fan. I hate Iowa. And I thought Ricky Stanzi had a good shot to be starter-quality material in the NFL.

Well, better than Matt Cassel anyway.

BossChief 10-11-2012 09:51 PM

SNR
Htismaque
Iowanian
Phobia
BossChief

You know what, its not worth listing any more...nobody is gonna change their opinion on the kid.

Time will tell his story and I think he ends the season as the teams starter.