ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Who pays for newspapers online? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265764)

displacedinMN 10-27-2012 09:13 AM

Who pays for newspapers online?
 
I hate paying for news.

The MPLS star tribune gives you 20 articles a month. But I am finding it harder to limit it to 20.

What makes me mad is the price. $52.00 a year seems a bit steep considering they don't need to print or deliver the paper. And I would read less then I would with a real paper. THEN after the INTRO price It goes up to 2.00 a week. so 100.00 a year

I don't want to go off on a rant here......so I will ask

Who is paying for a paper, magazine etc. Things that you could get other places.

Not ESPN insider or online only content.

Thanks-Yes I know I am cheap

notorious 10-27-2012 09:15 AM

What is a "newspaper"?














.......LMAO

Stewie 10-27-2012 09:19 AM

I read the KC Star online. It's paid for by the annoying ads, but with a good ad-blocker it's not bad. I used to have the paper delivered, but the delivery became so inconsistent I dropped it.

Baconeater 10-27-2012 09:22 AM

Nobody. That's why all the newspaper companies are going broke.

notorious 10-27-2012 09:39 AM

I get called by the local papers constantly to advertise.


It isn't worth what they want to charge. I feel sorry for them, though.

Dave Lane 10-27-2012 09:42 AM

$4 a month is too expensive for you?

R8RFAN 10-27-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 9053363)
I read the KC Star online. It's paid for by the annoying ads, but with a good ad-blocker it's not bad. I used to have the paper delivered, but the delivery became so inconsistent I dropped it.


Yes and ad blocking will eventually kill all the good stuff we get online... Eventually I predict all newspapers will charge a subscription fee.

notorious 10-27-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9053386)
I get called by the local papers constantly to advertise.


It isn't worth what they want to charge. I feel sorry for them, though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9053392)
$4 a month is too expensive for you?

I should have clarified that they want me to advertise in their paper.

CoMoChief 10-27-2012 10:17 AM

who's stupid enough to do something like this??

almost as stupid as paying for music online.

displacedinMN 10-27-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9053397)
Yes and ad blocking will eventually kill all the good stuff we get online... Eventually I predict all newspapers will charge a subscription fee.

What really stinks about that is that I look at papers from places that I have lived., KC, DSM, MPLS, a few others.

Who can afford to pay for all of those? Even with free trials each month.

Like I said-I am cheap.

PunkinDrublic 10-27-2012 10:18 AM

I buy a paper and read it while I'm having lunch. It's relaxing but **** it makes me feel like such an old man.

Dicky McElephant 10-27-2012 10:19 AM

Anything that I need to know.....will be posted on CP. Everything else is garbage.

CoMoChief 10-27-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9053447)
Anything that I need to know.....will be posted on CP. Everything else is garbage.

agreed

ChiefsCountry 10-27-2012 10:32 AM

Clear your cookies and you can read free articles all day.
Posted via Mobile Device

Start Croyle 10-27-2012 10:36 AM

I like to read the KC Star, STL Post-Dispatch and Columbia Tribune online. I've thought about subscribing to each of them, but that would be very costly!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.