ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Elections So, why is Mitt going to lose? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266107)

Mr. Kotter 11-02-2012 11:57 AM

So, why is Mitt going to lose?

Poll Forthcoming.

Bottom-line for me: Obama hasn't been great, but Mitt is an awful candidate for America in 2012. For what it's worth, he'd have been a fine candidate for the GOP in the 1880s....but this ain't 1880.

290-248....you read it here.

FTR, the odds are 3:1, or 4:1. So, yes, I could end up being wrong...just sayin'.

Please discuss...

Donger 11-02-2012 11:59 AM

Wow.

LMAO

LOCOChief 11-02-2012 12:01 PM

wait. this isn't the 1880's?

Mr. Kotter 11-02-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9077380)
Wow.

LMAO

No guts, no glory... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOCOChief (Post 9077387)
wait. this isn't the 1880's?

I know this fact will be disturbing for the Tea Party types. Someone had to tell you. While we are at it....there is no Santa, Tooth Fairy, or Easter Bunny either. Hell, might as well cover these too: we DID land on the moon, bears do crap in the woods, water is wet, and 911 was not a government conspiracy and coverup--and Ron Paul will NOT win any election for President. Sorry to be the bearer of such bad news.

La literatura 11-02-2012 12:04 PM

I'm sure the Republican Party would have loved a Mormon candidate in 1880.

La literatura 11-02-2012 12:07 PM

I went with two of what I thought were the better answers provided, but I didn't see "Popularity of Barack Obama," which would have been the best answer.

Mr. Kotter 11-02-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9077408)
I went with two of what I thought were the better answers provided, but I didn't see "Popularity of Barack Obama," which would have been the best answer.

Holy cripes....you have to be friggin' kidding? :spock:

My sarcasm meter doesn't seem to be working too well during election month....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9077400)
I'm sure the Republican Party would have loved a Mormon candidate in 1880.

Heh. Mitt bein' Mitt though....would have been Presbyterian or Methodist back then.

Bowser 11-02-2012 12:13 PM

I've never been less enthused about a presidential election in my adult life. Ever.

Both of these guys are caricatures.

Plus, even if you could get a hybrid mashup of the three best presidents in the history of this country, I don't think even that demigod could fix the mess this country is currently in. *insert sad troll face here*

alpha_omega 11-02-2012 12:16 PM

Uhhh, because the other guy gets more votes?

carlos3652 11-02-2012 12:29 PM

Mitts a mormom - and the conservative religious right, will have a hard time voting for him unless they are sold that Obama is the Devil.

Mr. Kotter 11-02-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 9077495)
Mitts a mormom - and the conservative religious right, will have a hard time voting for him unless they are sold that Obama is the Devil.

tener cojones

Props, for being willing to speak the truth...before the election. Can't wait to witness the national discussion on that late next week. Will be amusing.

blaise 11-02-2012 12:44 PM

heh heh hehhehheheheh heh hehe:spock::doh!:;):facepalm::shrug::hmmm:

htismaqe 11-02-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlos3652 (Post 9077495)

Um, I'm not real hip on Mormonism myself, mostly because it sounds a lot like some fantasy story to me.

That being said, I'm surrounded by conservative, fundamentalist types (especially my own family who are hardcore Church of Christ) and not one of them has any reservations about voting for a Mormon.

Brainiac 11-02-2012 12:50 PM

If Romney loses this election (I'm not ready to concede that as a fait accompli), a major reason (albeit not the only reason) will be the extreme right-wing policies of the Republican party.

Romney has several hurdles to overcome in his race against Obama. He is being held back by the Todd Akins and Richard Mourdocks of his own party who make idiotic comments about rape and God's will and women's bodies shutting down in cases of "legitimate" rape. He's being held back by the Michelle Bachmans and the Rick Santorums who are hell-bent to impose their strict moral and religious values on a voting bloc that doesn't share those values. And to some extent he's also being held back by the policy failures of the Bush administration.

Romney has been by no means a perfect candidate. He waited far too long to repudiate the attacks on his personal record, and he didn't hit Obama nearly hard enough on the current Benghazi scandal in the last debate. But the major problem for the Romney candidacy is that he was put in the very difficult position of having to convince the Tea Partiers that he was conservative enough to get the Republican nomination, and now that conservatism (faux that it may be) is unappealing to a large percentage of voters.

dirk digler 11-02-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9077579)
If Romney loses this election (I'm not ready to concede that as a fait accompli), a major reason (albeit not the only reason) will be the extreme right-wing policies of the Republican party.

Romney has several hurdles to overcome in his race against Obama. He is being held back by the Todd Akins and Richard Mourdocks of his own party who make idiotic comments about rape and God's will and women's bodies shutting down in cases of "legitimate" rape. He's being held back by the Michelle Bachmans and the Rick Santorums who are hell-bent to impose their strict moral and religious values on a voting bloc that doesn't share those values. And to some extent he's also being held back by the policy failures of the Bush administration.

Romney has been by no means a perfect candidate. He waited far too long to repudiate the attacks on his personal record, and he didn't hit Obama nearly hard enough on the current Benghazi scandal in the last debate. But the major problem for the Romney candidacy is that he was put in the very difficult position of having to convince the Tea Partiers that he was conservative enough to get the Republican nomination, and now that conservatism (faux that it may be) is unappealing to a large percentage of voters.

Excellent reasoned post. I didn't think you had it in you. :p