ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ed & Dave Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Do hernia surgeries hurt as bad as they say? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266241)

Guru 11-06-2012 05:20 AM

Do hernia surgeries hurt as bad as they say?
 
I haven't actually heard anything yet. But since it looks like that is where I am headed, I would love some input from those that have had the surgery done.

pr_capone 11-06-2012 05:22 AM

No. Barely felt anything but pressure the entire time.

Guru 11-06-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 9089514)
No. Barely felt anything but pressure the entire time.

They don't knock you out?

UK_Chief 11-06-2012 05:25 AM

Not as painful as watching the Chiefs

Mr_Tomahawk 11-06-2012 05:45 AM

Worst pain ever. Best off yourself.

Bacon Cheeseburger 11-06-2012 05:53 AM

It's terrible. Worst ever. I actually have no ****ing idea.

theelusiveeightrop 11-06-2012 05:54 AM

post op pain is quite manageable.

Hog Farmer 11-06-2012 06:08 AM

I fix hernias in pigs all the time . They squeal a little but I've never heard one complain. I'd say the key is when they grab you by the legs and sling you over the fence, try not to move around too much, iit just makes it take longer.

ZepSinger 11-06-2012 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9089512)
I haven't actually heard anything yet. But since it looks like that is where I am headed, I would love some input from those that have had the surgery done.

I'm scheduled to have mine in 2 weeks- I'll let you know shortly after...

EDIT: BTW- my surgery will be at Menorah hospital in Leawood. The doc is using mesh, and it'll be open (not Laparoscopic). I'm taking a week off work, with the option of a few additional days if still in pain. I sit in front of a PC all day, so there'll be nothing physically taxing about returning to work. My biggest concern is my weekend band gig 2 weeks after surgery. Guess I won't be lifting any equipment for awhile.. :-)

Z

theelusiveeightrop 11-06-2012 06:51 AM

GL Zep. You will be fine. Just don't hang Christmas lights the next day like I did, so you reduce this risk of having surgery twice.

Guru 11-06-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepSinger (Post 9089617)
I'm scheduled to have mine in 2 weeks- I'll let you know shortly after...

EDIT: BTW- my surgery will be at Menorah hospital in Leawood. The doc is using mesh, and it'll be open (not Laparoscopic). I'm taking a week off work, with the option of a few additional days if still in pain. I sit in front of a PC all day, so there'll be nothing physically taxing about returning to work. My biggest concern is my weekend band gig 2 weeks after surgery. Guess I won't be lifting any equipment for awhile.. :-)

Z

I get my consult in 2 weeks. I sure hope they don't make me take a week off work because I don't even have the days built up yet.

ZepSinger 11-06-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9089647)
I get my consult in 2 weeks. I sure hope they don't make me take a week off work because I don't even have the days built up yet.

Sending you a PM...

Mr. Plow 11-06-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9089647)
I get my consult in 2 weeks. I sure hope they don't make me take a week off work because I don't even have the days built up yet.


How quickly do you have to have the surgery?

kcchiefsus 11-06-2012 07:29 AM

I had hernia surgery when I was in college. I had the surgery on a Thursday and I'm pretty sure I was back to school by Monday. I was in some pain after the drugs wore off but it wasn't excruciating by any means. Ideally if you can lay in bed or on the couch as much as possible the pain isn't bad, it would hurt the most when I had to get up and walk.

luv 11-06-2012 07:32 AM

Dad's first hernia surgery about 10 years ago went pretty well. I think he said he was only out of work for a few days. The second time a couple of years ago, it was emergency hernia surgery. They had to put him under instead of using local anesthetic. That, added to the fact that he was a bit older (nearly 60 at the time), recovery took a month. He spent the whole time in bed, and couldn't keep anything down. I'm guessing you'll be fine. :)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.