ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Elections Chicago Source Tells Author Brad Thor: Obama Campaign Planning to Call Early Victory (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266264)

mikey23545 11-06-2012 01:04 PM

Chicago Source Tells Author Brad Thor: Obama Campaign Planning to Call Early Victory

Chicago Source Tells Author Brad Thor: Obama Campaign Planning to Proclaim Early Victory to ‘Demoralize Romney Supporters’

New York Times best-selling author Brad Thor, based in Chicago, tells TheBlaze that the Obama campaign may be planning to preemptively announce victory in the presidential election based on early voting numbers in an attempt to “demoralize Mitt Romney supporters.”

Citing a “very solid source” in Chicago, Thor says the Obama campaign is looking to make it appear to voters that they have “this thing sewed up and are less than 24 hours to victory,” according to his source.

Meanwhile, team Obama will also urge voters to get out and vote so they can say they were part of the important 2012 election that resulted in a second term for Obama.

While Thor can’t reveal his source, he told TheBlaze multiple times that the source is very reliable.

The flip side of the coin, the author explained, is that the Obama campaign is counting on the mainstream media to drive home their narrative should they implement this strategy.

“They are so invested in Obama,” Thor said of the media. “I don’t see how any truth loving person could look to the mainstream media ever again. This election should be the final nail in the coffin with the mainstream media.”

Why would the campaign resort to such a Chicago-style political tactic? According to Thor, it’s because their support is diminished across the board and they know they’re in trouble.

“Their support is down,” he told TheBlaze. “All the polling has been the exact same thing. They have been oversampling Democrats, and they are not getting the 2008 levels of voting.”

Whether or not the Obama campaign will set this plan into motion remains to be seen. As Thor points out, the plot could have been brought up but never considered seriously by the top officials in the campaign. If it is being considered though, the author hopes that all the attention forces the Obama camp to ditch the effort.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/chic...ey-supporters/

Taco John 11-06-2012 01:05 PM

WTF? You don't post a link? Is this like your first day on the internet or something?

alpha_omega 11-06-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

The flip side of the coin, the author explained, is that the Obama campaign is counting on the mainstream media to drive home their narrative should they implement this strategy.
I don't imagine that will be a problem.

cosmo20002 11-06-2012 01:12 PM

So ****ing stupid. How early would they call it? Before the first polls close? Who would give a shit if a candidate said, "I won" before any polls have closed.? And, after the East coast + Ohio have closed, it will be over anyway, and there's no need to play these games.

Stupid post, stupid story, from a stupid poster.

cosmo20002 11-06-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9091070)
WTF? You don't post a link? Is this like your first day on the internet or something?

It does say The Blaze, which is like not having a source at all. I believe that is Glenn Beck's site.

cosmo20002 11-06-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9091070)

If "Citing a “very solid source” in Chicago" isn't good enough for you, then you're never going to be satisfied.

LOCOChief 11-06-2012 01:22 PM

the Obama campaign may be planning to preemptively announce victory in the presidential election based on early voting numbers in an attempt to “demoralize Mitt Romney supporters.”

Oh goody Trickery

Great, this is what I expect of this piece of shit president. Demoralize half the country further than he already has.

RINGLEADER 11-06-2012 01:56 PM

The Obama campaign is built on making him seem inevitable. All through the election whenever the race got tight they would release some piece of information to tack back to this narrative. The problem came in the debate when they could no longer maintain it. Their new meme is that they've banked more votes than the GOP can make up, but the numbers released by AP just don't support that conclusion.

Goes back to the turnout and INDs. If Romney maintains his sizable lead with INDs and gets near parity with GOP voters then it is impossible to lose.

We'll know soon!

Amnorix 11-06-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9091063)
Whether or not the Obama campaign will set this plan into motion remains to be seen. As Thor points out, the plot could have been brought up but never considered seriously by the top officials in the campaign. If it is being considered though, the author hopes that all the attention forces the Obama camp to ditch the effort.

I especially like how this idiotic source sets the stage to take the credit IF the Obama camp DOESN'T do what he's saying they will do. Given that what he's saying is pretty damn absurd and unlikely, I suspect he'll be able to do just that, even though his story was bullshit to begin with.

Deberg_1990 11-06-2012 02:45 PM

Dewey Defeats Truman!

whoman69 11-06-2012 02:52 PM

The Blaze and the term "reliable sources" should never be used in the same sentence.

Brainiac 11-06-2012 02:53 PM

I think President Romney should form a committee to investigate this.

"President Romney". I like the sound of that.

TEX 11-06-2012 03:08 PM

Nothing surprises me about those people.

RNR 11-06-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 9091431)
Nothing surprises me about those people.

That's a damn fact. Far and away the most embarrassing president in our history. How anyone can support this shitbag is beyond me. I voted for a man I would never support in any other situation. If fact I have little doubt in 4 years I will voting to get him out of office if he wins~

Mr. Kotter 11-06-2012 11:17 PM

Should have upstaged Mitt-the-mouthpiece....and made his victory speech at 10:30 CST. LMAO