ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Obama The Obama Recovery (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266296)

Direckshun 11-07-2012 06:24 AM

The Obama Recovery
 
Get used to hearing those words.

The IMF predicted the US is on track for faster and stronger growth than any of our global allies.

Housing has turned around, home values are coming back up.

And when housing turns around, it will be impossible to stop the wave of millions of new jobs.

Consumer confidence is rising and is stronger at this point than at any point of the Obama presidency, and the last year of the Bush presidency.

This has all occured with zero help from the GOP, and it doesn't appear that the GOP is particularly ready to help out the President very much in his second term.

Repeat: this recovery was created almost entirely without Republican assistance.

If this economy is as sturdy in 2016 as people are estimating, and the GOP has continued the obstructionism of the past four years, then another Democratic president seems too reasonable to ignore.

Alright, GOP: you took your ball, you went home. And Americans punished you for it.

Come back to the table.

Make the next four years bipartisan, dare I say, and have a hand in what is sure to be an exciting four years economically.

BucEyedPea 11-07-2012 06:24 AM

The Obama recovery is a bunch of numbers and will not last with the taxes that are coming. It's just another bubble, courtesy of Bernanke, being created. Some people never learn.

baitism 11-07-2012 06:37 AM

You can't tax your way out of a recession. Even a freshman in college has learned that already.

theelusiveeightrop 11-07-2012 06:46 AM

We are one well placed Iranian missile away from global war.

BucEyedPea 11-07-2012 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9094478)
We are one well placed Iranian missile away from global war.

Please, they don't have a missile delivery system that can reach us and it's not likely they'd start a conventional war.

blaise 11-07-2012 08:26 AM

Bad news, Obama not responsible.
Good news, Obama responsible.

Seems like a good deal.

Ugly Duck 11-07-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baitism (Post 9094460)
You can't tax your way out of a recession. Even a freshman in college has learned that already.

Obama is only proposing raising income taxes from the Bush 35% to the Clinton 39.6% on personal income OVER $250,000. The first $250,000 is taxed at the Bush rate, only the amount in excess of $250,000 gets taxed a measly 4.6% higher. That only impacts 2% of the populace, 98% of us would not see any increase. Capital gains would go up from the Bush 15% to the Clinton 20%. He's proposed a 2.5 to 1 ratio of spending cuts to the resulting revenue increases. Do your homework - its hardly a marxist socialist communist proposal to "tax our way out of recession."

BucEyedPea 11-07-2012 08:46 AM

Enjoy, the lull before the storm....it is a coming. No matter who won last night.

Saul Good 11-07-2012 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9094856)
Obama is only proposing raising income taxes from the Bush 35% to the Clinton 39.6% on personal income OVER $250,000. The first $250,000 is taxed at the Bush rate, only the amount in excess of $250,000 gets taxed a measly 4.6% higher. That only impacts 2% of the populace, 98% of us would not see any increase. Capital gains would go up from the Bush 15% to the Clinton 20%. He's proposed a 2.5 to 1 ratio of spending cuts to the resulting revenue increases. Do your homework - its hardly a marxist socialist communist proposal to "tax our way out of recession."

I'm on board.

HonestChieffan 11-07-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9094964)
I'm on board.


Careful what you buy into. Cap Gains increase is on all income levels as is taxes on dividends and interest. The hidden and unspoken tax increases for all.

But after the fiscal cliff battle, dont look for a hell of a lot of good

The_Grand_Illusion 11-07-2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9094861)
Enjoy, the lull before the storm....it is a coming. No matter who won last night.

Yeah, at least the demoncrats will own this, there will be no excuses. I've had businesses for 2 decades and they have no clue what is coming.

TGI

Brock 11-07-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Grand_Illusion (Post 9094983)
Yeah, at least the demoncrats will own this, there will be no excuses. I've had businesses for 2 decades and they have no clue what is coming.

TGI

signed, republicans in 1996.

The_Grand_Illusion 11-07-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9094986)
signed, republicans in 1996.

Gloat now, soon you will own this.

TGI

BucEyedPea 11-07-2012 09:24 AM

The Obama Recovery is a Grand Illusion.

blaise 11-07-2012 09:25 AM

The only people calling it the Obama Recovery will be MSNBC and people like Direckshun and cosmo.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.