ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs one of the Worst Franchises Voted by Players (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266298)

Reerun_KC 11-07-2012 08:12 AM

Chiefs one of the Worst Franchises Voted by Players

They are talking about it on 610 now. I dont have a "link", anyone have a link?

Amazing how far we have fallen.

Reerun_KC 11-07-2012 08:14 AM

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...n-players-poll

With half the 2012 season finished, Sporting News' network of NFL correspondents asked 103 players from 27 teams everything you want to know about this year in our annual midseason players poll.
As always in our midseason poll, players were not allowed to name their teammates or head coach for any of their answers.
Which is the worst organization in the NFL?

Cleveland Browns 20
Jacksonville Jaguars 19
Oakland Raiders 19
Buffalo Bills 9
Cincinnati Bengals 7
Kansas City Chiefs 5
New York Jets 5
Carolina Panthers 3
Dallas Cowboys 2
http://dy.snimg.com/story-image/1/2/...7034-330-0.jpgThe Browns were voted the worst organization in SN's midseason players poll, but only by a single vote over the Jaguars and Raiders. (AP Photo)
Miami Dolphins 2
St. Louis Rams 2
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2
Four teams received one vote
“Cleveland Browns They don’t give anybody a chance. When I was growing up, they were getting rid of quarterbacks every two years. Coaches, too. You can’t do that. Most of the time when I was growing up, after the Browns came back in 1999, they were a sorry team. Under old management, they never gave those guys a chance. They let the fans dictate too much what was going on. I don’t know how it is now since I became a Jaguar (in 2011), but when I followed them, one bad game and they’d want to bench the quarterback. Cleveland is my city and my heart. It has the most loyal fans and a very rich history. I hope they can get back to winning.” — Jaguars wide receiver Cecil Shorts, a native of Cleveland
“Oakland Raiders. Everybody says it’s a black hole. They say you go out there and your career might be over.” — AFC defensive player
“Jacksonville Jaguars. They’ve got the tarp over the seats, don’t they? It’s just not working down there. They need to bring in (Tim) Tebow or something to get people excited, but the NFL hasn’t worked there.” — AFC defensive player

beach tribe 11-07-2012 08:27 AM

Really not that bad. I'm actually happy that is was only 5.

Kidd Lex 11-07-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9094558)
Really not that bad. I'm actually happy that is was only 5.

Exactly the problem. I agree with your point, and as a Chiefs fan that is pathetic.

Before Pioli, we'd have been pissed to be on the list.

beach tribe 11-07-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 9094566)
Exactly the problem. I agree with your point, and as a Chiefs fan that is pathetic.

Before Pioli, we'd have been pissed to be on the list.

Ugh...what? We would have been on that list.

Edit: Oh, you said we'd have been pissed to be on it. Yeah, you're right.

BlackHelicopters 11-07-2012 08:35 AM

All polls are scientific.

KCinNY 11-07-2012 08:36 AM

Yeah...really, really surprised that they weren't closer to the top. Would have thought Cleveland, Jax and KC would be fighting it out for the top spot.

If Clark actually does the right thing and dumps Pioli and his cronies, I'd fully expect to be off of this list within a year or two.

Kidd Lex 11-07-2012 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9094579)
Ugh...what? We would have been on that list.

Although we didn't win a Super Bowl, we were a prime destination for free agents in the nineties.

Look at Joe Montana versus the only similar situation with Peyton. One signed with us, while the other didn't even consider this franchise.

We may have been on the list, but not this high. We were a proud franchise not so long ago.

BlackHelicopters 11-07-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 9094595)
Although we didn't win a Super Bowl, we were a prime destination for free agents in the nineties.

Look at Joe Montana versus the only similar situation with Peyton. One signed with us, while the other didn't even consider this franchise.

We may have been on the list, but not this high. We were a proud franchise not so long ago.

Our restaurants drew all the big-name free agents.

Reerun_KC 11-07-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9094610)
Our restaurants drew all the big-name free agents.

Bono disagrees.

HemiEd 11-07-2012 09:20 AM

Hey, at least they were rated better than the Raiders.

History is repeating itself, where we are back to that.

Gary 11-07-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 9094531)
They are talking about it on 610 now. I dont have a "link", anyone have a link?

Amazing how far we have fallen.

AWESOME! Now let's go out and sign some blue chip players that can really turn this thing around.

Wait...what? They don't want to sign a contract with a franchise they consider to be a piece of shit?

NO PROBLEM! There's always the draft, and we have assembled a group of talent evaluators like no other that will get us the thoroughbreds to really change this thing!

Wait...what? Scott Pioli told them all to stfu and he will do it himself?

End credits of Greek tragedy.

Bane 11-07-2012 09:44 AM

The number 5 doesn't represent how shitty this team really is.I mean who do you think was the last dumbass that said "Woooo I'm a KC Chief". Yeah thought so.

Frosty 11-07-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 9094595)

The Chiefs traded a 1st for Montana. He wasn't a free agent.

Kidd Lex 11-07-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9094869)
The Chiefs traded a 1st for Montana. He wasn't a free agent.

My memory rarely does fact checks. Thanks for the clarification.