ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Elections GOP, 2012: Angry White Men and Their Women (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266305)

Mr. Kotter 11-07-2012 07:56 AM

GOP, 2012: Angry White Men and Their Women

Honestly, that is what the Republican party has become. Think about it...

Think about most of the obnoxious conservatives in this forum: Angry White Men....it says it all. They've been drinking the Limbaugh, Hannity, and Beck Kool-Aid for over 20 years now. Is it really surprising, then, that the party no longer appeals to anyone else--especially with their seething contempt and venomous attacks toward anyone who dares to disagree with them?

The Democrats went though a similar thing...between 1968 and 1988, when they lost 5 out of 6 Presidential elections, because they were out-of-touch with the country (too beholden to bleeding heart liberals and minorities.) Between 1992 and 2012, the Republicans have now lost the popular vote for President in 5 of the 6 elections, for the same reason (too beholden to the Tea Party and talk radio addicts.)

Until the GOP admits they have a a big problem, and are out-of-touch, and seek to moderate their policies and rhetoric....they will remain the party of Angry White Men and the Women Who Love Them. They must find ways to appeal to larger numbers of Blacks, Asians, women, and Hispanics--otherwise they are screwed. And they will continue to struggle to win national elections.

It's simple math. Demographic shifts have become political inertia, and the GOP has to recognize that reality--instead of pretending not to notice.

In 1992, Clinton brought the Democratic party back toward the mainstream. For the GOP to turn things around in 2016, they'll need to do the same thing. Whenever political parties are sucked into lunatic fringe politics, they alienate the voters who matter--in our republic, a majority. Republicans had better soon remember the role of majority rule in our country, or they may yet become this century's version of the Whigs.

Donger 11-07-2012 07:59 AM

I disagree. White people just need to begin breeding more.

Deberg_1990 11-07-2012 08:02 AM

There are plenty of Prominent Hispanic and African American Republicans. A Majority of mintority voters tend to overlook them though for whatever reason?

Your right, the Repubs need to do a better job of reaching out to those communities.

ChiTown 11-07-2012 08:08 AM

Kotter the Hypocrite. Should be your new name

BucEyedPea 11-07-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9094687)

That would help but you Brits are protestants. It's Catholic Hispanics who practice " be fruitful and multiply."

Direckshun 11-07-2012 08:09 AM

The Democratic Party has won the popular vote in Presidential elections every year but 2004 for the past two decades.

That is shocking, how out of touch one party can be.

For the reasons highlighted in your post, Kotter.

The GOP must change.

Brock 11-07-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9094713)

It's pretty true when you remember some of the things he's said about gay people.

Direckshun 11-07-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9094725)
It's pretty true when you remember some of the things he's said about gay people.

Oh, snap.

Donger 11-07-2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9094719)
The Democratic Party has won the popular vote in Presidential elections every year but 2004 for the past two decades.

That is shocking, how out of touch one party can be.

For the reasons highlighted in your post, Kotter.

The GOP must change.

Change to what? And exactly how?

Direckshun 11-07-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9094730)
Change to what? And exactly how?

Change on two major grounds, that I can see:

1. Fight for conservativism instead of regressivism: instead of dismantling the social safety net, support various efforts to make it more efficient without cutting benefits.

2. Embrace pluralistic politics that see value in promoting women's issues, Hispanic issues, inner city issues, and gay issues.

As for how... well. That's for the party to figure out.

Mr. Kotter 11-07-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9094725)

The difference is...I realize while I'm entitled to my personal view, I'm not free to impose my own moral views on the rest of American society. That's another lesson the Republicans should learn.

That, and I seperate my personal life from entertainment on a political discussion board...

rabblerouser 11-07-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 9094713)

Being a 'liberal' means being a hypocrite.

HemiEd 11-07-2012 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9094687)

End of thread.

Birth control and fiscal responsibility is out of touch with the masses now.

Hopefully we still have elections in 2016.

blaise 11-07-2012 08:24 AM

Kotter calling anyone obnoxious is rich. The guy is an obnoxious douche.

Heh

Donger 11-07-2012 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9094734)
Change on two major grounds, that I can see:

1. Fight for conservativism instead of regressivism: instead of dismantling the social safety net, support various efforts to make it more efficient without cutting benefits.

2. Embrace pluralistic politics that see value in promoting women's issues, Hispanic issues, inner city issues, and gay issues.

As for how... well. That's for the party to figure out.

Those really really aren't specifics, FYI. If your actual response is "be more like Democrats," I really don't see that happening, losses or not.