ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Elections Gary Johnson pulled in 1.1 million votes (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266316)

Deberg_1990 11-07-2012 10:41 AM

Gary Johnson pulled in 1.1 million votes

Nice. Rosanne Barr managed 48,000.

Congrats!

http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results

Taco John 11-07-2012 10:42 AM

Lot of Ron Paul votes floating around in the mix too.

L.A. Chieffan 11-07-2012 10:43 AM

If only we didnt have that stupid electoral college everything would be different!

BucEyedPea 11-07-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9095298)
If only we didnt have that stupid electoral college everything would be different!

Yeah right. It would have really mattered—NOT!

listopencil 11-07-2012 11:51 AM

Yeah, but that's less than the difference between the top two candidates in a close election. The Libertarians need an outspoken leader who can clearly articulate those pars of the platform that appeal to R's and D's, while playing down some of those parts of the platform that are going to be incredibly unpopular.

Taco John 11-07-2012 11:54 AM

It's too bad Romney siphoned all those votes away from Johnson.

FishingRod 11-07-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9095536)
Yeah, but that's less than the difference between the top two candidates in a close election. The Libertarians need an outspoken leader who can clearly articulate those pars of the platform that appeal to R's and D's, while playing down some of those parts of the platform that are going to be incredibly unpopular.

And they need one with Bill Gates kinda money they don't mind spending just for the fun of messing with the Reps and Dems

listopencil 11-07-2012 11:55 AM

Off the top of my head: They are for the legalization of recreational drug use and gay marriage, they are Pro Choice, and they flat at state that they intend to abolish income tax. They are also for privatizing a shit ton of programs, so they fall in line with being against Obamacare and many "entitlement" programs. There is a way to weave that into something that is more reasonably acceptable to the general population.

BucEyedPea 11-07-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9095557)
Off the top of my head: They are for the legalization of recreational drug use and gay marriage, they are Pro Choice, and they flat at state that they intend to abolish income tax. They are also for privatizing a shit ton of programs, so they fall in line with being against Obamacare and many "entitlement" programs. There is a way to weave that into something that is more reasonably acceptable to the general population.

They could do that by following the Constitution's federalism and not making certain issues federal issues. That removes some of the unpopular issues. Not all but enough.

I think Paul had it right to cut military to 2006 levels and reduce the empire so that those on entitlements would not be tossed on on the streets overnight. This actually matched what people wanted in polls. It's no wonder the Republicans lost since they wanted to increase military spending.

teedubya 11-07-2012 11:59 AM

Gary Johnson - Jesse Ventura 2016.

listopencil 11-07-2012 12:00 PM

I'll take a stab at it. On the liberal social issues they can go with "leave that to the states." On the conservative fiscal issues they can go with "it's a process" and change a few things to long term goals instead of immediate legislation.

listopencil 11-07-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9095564)
They could do that by following the Constitution's federalism and not making certain issues federal issues. That removes some of the unpopular issues. Not all but enough.

I think Paul had it right to cut military to 2006 levels and reduce the empire so that those on entitlements would not be tossed on on the streets overnight. This actually matched what people wanted in polls. It's no wonder the Republicans lost since they wanted to increase military spending.

Yup. Exactly what I was thinking.

BucEyedPea 11-07-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9095570)
I'll take a stab at it. On the liberal social issues they can go with "leave that to the states." On the conservative fiscal issues they can go with "it's a process" and change a few things to long term goals instead of immediate legislation.

I think that could work. Could also say we didn't get where we are overnight, we won't get out of it overnight. By then the boomers will have died.:p

listopencil 11-07-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 9095567)
Gary Johnson - Jesse Ventura 2016.

Not bad. That might get more than 1 MIL votes.

listopencil 11-07-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9095577)
I think that could work. Could also say we didn't get where we are overnight, we won't get out of it overnight. By then the boomers will have died.:p

Heh. We are getting around to that. The "greatest generation"....and than that. Kind of sad.