ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Why doesn't Chiefsplanet use @Chiefsplanet? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266322)

teedubya 11-07-2012 01:19 PM

Why doesn't Chiefsplanet use @Chiefsplanet?
 
There are plenty of VBulletin add-ons for twitter, where each post that gets x amount of replies or views gets tweeted, right?

I'd totally enjoy seeing tweets from Chiefsplanet coming through my sports tweet feed. http://twitter.com/chiefsplanet

Maybe you could get a couple of CPers to reply to mentions? Flopnuts or SureOz or someone?

But, if you could automate the tweets with set filtered parameters... so that the thread needs to trigger some set level of popularity before it gets tweeted...

The Ghost of Kurt Cobain or Tom "Shut Yo Mouth" can't come in post a thread and also spamming twitter.

Especially since SaveOurChiefs has thousands and thousands... CP should have a few instead of 2, right?

Thoughts?

blaise 11-07-2012 01:21 PM

So, you're saying a link to a thread with a bunch of responses gets tweeted into your timeline (if you follow an @Chiefsplanet account)? Is that right?
Or the actual post gets tweeted if it's responded to enough, or maybe gets enough rep?

Phobia 11-07-2012 01:22 PM

Because we don't want any more twidiots here.

Sorter 11-07-2012 01:22 PM

The amount of idiots that came here after the banners is just ridiculous.

Twitter would be a death sentence, IMO.

teedubya 11-07-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9095898)
So, you're saying a link to a thread with a bunch of responses gets tweeted into your timeline (if you follow an @Chiefsplanet account)? Is that right?
Or the actual post gets tweeted if it's responded to enough, or maybe gets enough rep?

I don't think you'd want every thread... if there were a VB plugin to do that sort of thing. I'm not sure how selective you can be, or if it's a firehose.

SNR 11-07-2012 01:23 PM

That sounds like a terrible idea. DJ's Left Nut would never be featured on twitter. His posts are too long.

You'd have to post the links, and then all that would show up on the twitter feed is a bunch of direct links to the posts.

blaise 11-07-2012 01:24 PM

I doubt I'd follow it, if that's what you're asking. Unless it was for selfish reasons where I thought it would somehow get me more retweets or followers

Ace Gunner 11-07-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9095904)
Because we don't want any more twidiots here.

bravo

teedubya 11-07-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9095904)
Because we don't want any more twidiots here.

Well, the idiots are pretty much locked down, right? You have to have 100 or 200 posts to start a thread?

This is about making the information for CP more accessible. CP breaks a lot of news for me. It would be good to have the best threads tweeted.

Saulbadguy 11-07-2012 01:25 PM

Who owns the @Chiefsplanet twitter account?

blaise 11-07-2012 01:26 PM

I don't know why people dislike twitter, really. To me it's like a game. You post something and see how many responses or retweets you get. It gives you a sort of thrill to see something you wrote retweeted 100+ times.

teedubya 11-07-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9095916)
I doubt I'd follow it, if that's what you're asking. Unless it was for selfish reasons where I thought it would somehow get me more retweets or followers

Ah, well... if there were a way to tie in your VBulletin CP account to your twiter account... maybe a plugin could tweet your name beside tweet.

teedubya 11-07-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9095921)
Who owns the @Chiefsplanet twitter account?

I'd assume that Austin does. If not, it would be fairly easy to get the account back from Twitter for copyright issues.

teedubya 11-07-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9095930)
I don't know why people dislike twitter, really. To me it's like a game. You post something and see how many responses or retweets you get. It gives you a sort of thrill to see something you wrote retweeted 100+ times.

Do you use http://Favstar.fm? You should go there, follow a bunch of people who follow and favorite hilarious tweets.

Then when you say something funny... you'll have a larger, more influential audience who will amplify your shit.

Count Zarth 11-07-2012 01:52 PM

It would be a good idea to tweet out threads for the media.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.