ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Media Beck: Sometimes God Really Sucks (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266325)

dirk digler 11-07-2012 02:13 PM

Beck: Sometimes God Really Sucks

I am sure God cares as much as who is POTUS as who wins a football game

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/0...-really-sucks/

Quote:

Conservative radio host Glenn Beck on Wednesday declared that Mitt Romney’s loss to President Barack Obama proved that “sometimes God really sucks.”

As it was becoming apparently that the president was going to be re-elected on Tuesday, Beck had told a panel on his Blaze TV network that “the body of America is even sicker than I thought it was.”

“Twelve years ago, I could say with real assurance that I knew who Americans were,” he explained. “And I can’t say that any more.”

During his radio show the next morning, Beck told listeners that he had realized Romney was going to lose while praying before the polls opened on Tuesday.

“Man, sometimes God really sucks,” the radio host lamented. “I got up yesterday at 3:00 in the morning and I knew. And I couldn’t sleep and I started to say my prayers and I got up and kneeled down by the edge of my bed and I knew that — or I suspected that my mind’s not God’s mind, and the peace and the comfort that he had given me and so many of my friends was not about an election.”

He added: “Just like those Christians that rolled up the Dead Sea Scrolls and put them in pots. I don’t know what happened to those Christians but they hid them. They hid them and they preserved them because it was important. The Bible was never wiped out, but the people who originally wrote the Bible were scattered.”

But in the weeks leading up to Tuesday’s election, Beck had repeatedly said that God was orchestrating Republican nominee’s path to the presidency.

Speaking to his radio listeners in September, he insisted that Romney’s poll numbers had fallen as a part of a plan from God to make it obvious to the American people that divine intervention was responsible when Republicans took the White House in November.

The conservative radio host later speculated that Romney had lost the final debate because he was “being guided” by God to be “less contentious” and agree with President Barack Obama.

HolyHandgernade 11-07-2012 02:21 PM

As long as the Rebs have to pander to this, they are in trouble in national elections.

KILLER_CLOWN 11-07-2012 02:25 PM

That should earn him browny points with GOD for sure... What a friggin' moron.

KC_Connection 11-07-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HolyHandgernade (Post 9096190)
As long as the Rebs have to pander to this, they are in trouble in national elections.

Yeah, the crazy, social conservative, God bullshit does not appeal to the moderates they need to win.

KILLER_CLOWN 11-07-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9096212)
Yeah, the crazy, social conservative, God bullshit does not appeal to the moderates they need to win.

No the problem is all these idiots are fakes and Phonies and could care less about the true believer. We see right through these morons, they might as well join the other side.

RNR 11-07-2012 02:29 PM

Only a couple things cheered me up about the results today. The fact my home state and the state I live now rejected Obama. That and tuning into Beck and hear him rambling almost sounding ready to kill himself. I heard him proclaim that Romney would win because of divine providence. I guess the invisible magic man in the sky is a democrat. It is a wake up call to the right for sure. Maybe they should look into offering up better than the group of clowns they had running this time around~

KILLER_CLOWN 11-07-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9096224)
Only a couple things cheered me up about the results today. The fact my home state and the state I live now rejected Obama. That and tuning into Beck and hear him rambling almost sounding ready to kill himself. I heard him proclaim that Romney would win because of divine providence. I guess the invisible magic man in the sky is a democrat. It is a wake up call to the right for sure. Maybe they should look into offering up better than the group of clowns they had running this time around~

No GOD will eventually give you what you want, but it won't be what you thought it was. Be careful what you wish for, A broken and no longer blessed America lays in wait.

RNR 11-07-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9096233)
No GOD will eventually give you what you want, but it won't be what you thought it was. Be careful what you wish for, A broken and no longer blessed America lays in wait.

I will sit this dance out. You know where I stand on this subject~

listopencil 11-07-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9096221)
No the problem is all these idiots are fakes and Phonies and could care less about the true believer. We see right through these morons, they might as well join the other side.

That's cool, but it is worrying. I assume the guy is popular. I've seen him mentioned quite a few times. Someone actually accused me of being a fan of him recently on this board, as ridiculous as that is. So he's out there and he represents someone.

KILLER_CLOWN 11-07-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9096248)
That's cool, but it is worrying. I assume the guy is popular. I've seen him mentioned quite a few times. Someone actually accused me of being a fan of him recently on this board, as ridiculous as that is. So he's out there and he represents someone.

The fake crying should have made it obvious to everyone back during the 2008 election cycle, not to mention his backstabbing of Ron Paul.

KILLER_CLOWN 11-07-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9096237)
I will sit this dance out. You know where I stand on this subject~

I know I wasn't expecting your support just wanted to say where I stood.

RNR 11-07-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9096248)

Someone represents him not the other way around~

listopencil 11-07-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedNeckRaider (Post 9096260)
Someone represents him not the other way around~

I'm reminded of a quote attributed to Anne Lamott:

“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”

Brock 11-07-2012 02:48 PM

LMAO So goofy.

RNR 11-07-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9096269)
I'm reminded of a quote attributed to Anne Lamott:

“You can safely assume you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”

Another is "did god create man or did man create several gods?" Anyone with common sense knows it is the latter~