ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics Foxnewsing Teapeople: Time to face facts & work with us (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266363)

Ugly Duck 11-08-2012 01:05 PM

Foxnewsing Teapeople: Time to face facts & work with us
 
Shock waves of disbelief are rocking their way through rightwing world after election night smacked Foxnewsing Teapeople in the face. Shocked disbelief because after being lied to for so long, reality has run them over like a raging freight train. But its not a bad thing - its a wakeup call. Come out of the bubble, look around at the brave new world, realize that:

*Ohio really did go to President Obama last night. And he really did win.

*He really was born in Hawaii.

*He really is legitimately President of the United States. Again.

*The Bureau of Labor Statistics did not make up a fake unemployment rate last month.

*The Congressional Research Service really can find no evidence that cutting taxes on rich people grows the economy.

*The polls were not skewed to oversample Democrats.

*Nate Silver was not making up fake projections about the election to make conservatives feel bad. Nate Silver was doing math.

*Climate change is real.

*Rape really does cause pregnancy sometimes.

*Evolution is a thing.

*Benghazi was an attack ON us, it was not a scandal BY us.

*Nobody is taking away anyone's guns.

*Taxes have not gone up.

*The deficit is dropping.

*Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction.

*The moon landing was real.

*FEMA is not building concentration camps.

*UN election observers are not taking over Texas.

*Moderate reforms of the regulations on the insurance industry and the financial services industry in this country are not the same thing as Communism.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SVwXA7sHUlE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

blaise 11-08-2012 01:16 PM

A "FOXnewsing Teapeople" followed by a clip from MSNBC.

Ok.

alpha_omega 11-08-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

*FEMA is not building concentration camps.
Hadn't heard that one.

FD 11-08-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 9098539)
Hadn't heard that one.

Its a big Alex Jones thing.

donkhater 11-08-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9098512)
Shock waves of disbelief are rocking their way through rightwing world after election night smacked Foxnewsing Teapeople in the face. Shocked disbelief because after being lied to for so long, reality has run them over like a raging freight train. But its not a bad thing - its a wakeup call. Come out of the bubble, look around at the brave new world, realize that:

*Ohio really did go to President Obama last night. And he really did win.

*He really was born in Hawaii.
*He really is legitimately President of the United States. Again.

*The Bureau of Labor Statistics did not make up a fake unemployment rate last month.
*The Congressional Research Service really can find no evidence that cutting taxes on rich people grows the economy.
*The polls were not skewed to oversample Democrats.

*Nate Silver was not making up fake projections about the election to make conservatives feel bad. Nate Silver was doing math.

*Climate change is real.
*Rape really does cause pregnancy sometimes.

*Evolution is a thing.
*Benghazi was an attack ON us, it was not a scandal BY us.
*Nobody is taking away anyone's guns.

*Taxes have not gone up.
*The deficit is dropping.
*Saddam Hussein did not have weapons of mass destruction.

*The moon landing was real.
*FEMA is not building concentration camps.

*UN election observers are not taking over Texas.
*Moderate reforms of the regulations on the insurance industry and the financial services industry in this country are not the same thing as Communism.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SVwXA7sHUlE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not exactly sure how an election validates the red portions of your OP, but then again, you are liberal.

listopencil 11-08-2012 01:18 PM

I admit it, I laughed at "Foxnewsing Teapeople."

KCTitus 11-08-2012 05:23 PM

I have to think the OP is only half serious, since most of it is nonsense. I'm curious 'work with us'...what does that mean. Work with us to what, exactly?

Taco John 11-08-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCTitus (Post 9099273)
I have to think the OP is only half serious, since most of it is nonsense. I'm curious 'work with us'...what does that mean. Work with us to what, exactly?

Pass bad legislation, I think.

BucEyedPea 11-08-2012 05:27 PM

Benghazi ain't over with and needs more investigation.

If you want the other side to work with you you don't use words like "Foxnewsing Teapeople" or even derogatory terms like "Tea Baggers." This is what needs to stop on both sides. However, terms like "socialist" is fair if it describes those kinds of policies.

BucEyedPea 11-08-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Moderate reforms of the regulations on the insurance industry and the financial services industry in this country are not the same thing as Communism.
These effectively nationalized the financial sector. So if the shoe fits, Obama has to wear it.

KCTitus 11-08-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9099281)
Pass bad legislation, I think.

Heh...that goes without saying, I guess my point was specifically what more needs to be created in this government to solve all the problems society faces? Im sure the list is long...I'd be interested to see what that list is.

Ugly Duck 11-08-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9098538)
A "FOXnewsing Teapeople" followed by a clip from MSNBC.

You don't see the difference? MSNBC is a video OP-ED where panelists give their biased opinions.

FOX News is a video OP-ED where panelists give their biased opinions, but disguise it as "news" & then claim that its "fair and balanced news." Viewers who actually buy into the ruse end up believing stuff like the polls are skewed towards Dems, Obama forged his birth certificate, the unemployment books have been cooked, etc, etc, etc (see above list.)

BucEyedPea 11-08-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ugly Duck (Post 9099622)
You don't see the difference? MSNBC is a video OP-ED where panelists give their biased opinions.

FOX News is a video OP-ED where panelists give their biased opinions, but disguise it as "news" & then claim that its "fair and balanced news." Viewers who actually buy into the ruse end up believing stuff like the polls are skewed towards Dems, the unemployment books have been cooked, etc, etc, etc (see above list.)

That's not true. O'Reilly frequently defines his program as "commentary." I've seen him do it.
Hannity's program is commentary too. Sure they have token liberals. Sure they're NeoCon with some Conservatives but NBC, ABC, CBS and CNN have left-leaning folks for their commentary.

I mean CNN has that British Labor Party bloke from England.

Baby Lee 11-08-2012 08:11 PM

Thank God for that Hurricane Sandy. All that suffering established for us how important big government can be.

GloryDayz 11-08-2012 08:27 PM

It's true republicans have a challenge on their hands. They have to find a young person who's not religious, who's in the middle and tell the church to back off. As for the rest of it, there are a lot of other truths that political correctness keep us from admitting are just as true. Hell, find a republican surf-boy from California and they might just have a chance. But it all starts with keeping the church out of the party. Not likely!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.