ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Haley will be a hot commodity this offseason. Hopefully he lands in SD! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266390)

Mojo Rising 11-09-2012 12:02 AM

Haley will be a hot commodity this offseason. Hopefully he lands in SD!

When I moved to So Cal several years ago I converted to the Chargers.

I expect as the Chiefs get worse without Haley the blame for their lack of success will squarely be put on Pioli and Haley will be washed of the stink. If the Steelers and Big Ben continue to have more success, Haley will be smelling more like a rose.

Haley will also get credit for being a little too brash and learning from his errors. Being succesful with the Steelers will help this in that they are a conservative old school organization. He will still be a hard a**.

That being said, he is exactly what the Chargers needs. The Chargers need a strong, disciplined Coach to replace the soft players Coach that we have.

If SD doesn't get him. Haley will be one of the hottest preospects in a market with a lot of expected openings.

RustShack 11-09-2012 12:04 AM

I don't think so this year, but I think he will make a fine HC his next shot.

BossChief 11-09-2012 12:05 AM

Haley wont leave Pittsburgh after only one year...but I bet he will get a few calls to do just that.

Ebolapox 11-09-2012 12:08 AM

'converted' to the chargers? you're the worst. where's your loyalty, man?

oh wait--I'm contemplating converting to the texans--NO freaking room to speak.

play on.

BossChief 11-09-2012 12:09 AM

I made a very significant bet with someone here that Haley would get a HC job after his second or third season in Pittsburgh, at max...but I cant remember who.

Oh well.

Molitoth 11-09-2012 12:10 AM

Didn't Haley grow up a Steelers fan?

I would think it would be more fun to be an OC on the team you love than a Head Coach for a city who barely cares about football.

Mojo Rising 11-09-2012 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9100440)

play on.

This was after 15 years of being a Chiefs fan in SF. I couldn't convert to the Raiders or the Niners. Although, I would convert to the Niners under Harbaugh. Love that Coach and the way the team plays.

I just wanted to root for the locals as I don't expect to live anywhere else. If a team, other than the Raiders, moves to LA I will strongly consider converting again.

Haley turned around a lot of Kuharich talent. Hali, Johnson, Bowe all under performed until Haley arrived.

Dave Lane 11-09-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9100443)
I made a very significant bet with someone here that Haley would get a HC job after his second or third season in Pittsburgh, at max...but I cant remember who.

Oh well.

Hope it wasn't Chiefaroo. Dude bet me $1,000 on the election and now has skipped out :mad:

RealSNR 11-09-2012 12:21 AM

I'd like to see Gadzooks' reaction to this.

KcMizzou 11-09-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9100440)

play on.

You won't do it. After enough time, you can't. Sure, you can try... but it won't be the same. And the second the Chiefs start having some success, you'll come running right back.

Ebolapox 11-09-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9100459)
You won't do it. After enough time, you can't. Sure, you can try... but it won't be the same. And the second the Chiefs start having some success, you'll come running right back.

yeah, I know. the management is just too ****ing much for me, man.

Mojo Rising 11-09-2012 12:35 AM

I could see the Browns make a strong run at him with their new owners ties to Pittsburgh. Gruden and all of the other TV has beens won't be considered for the good jobs.

Haley will be hot this year considering SD, Philly, Jacksonville, Cleveland, Carolina, NY Jets, Buffalo, Detroit and Cincinnati (depending on how much Brown owes Lewis, the Bengals are the Chiefs North with a cheapskate owner who inherited a team) will all be likely looking for a new Coach.

Bump 11-09-2012 12:36 AM

I will be curious to see how he does elsewhere without a pioli.

Dave Lane 11-09-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9100470)
I will be curious to see how he does elsewhere without a pioli.

If he gets a supportive GM and some good pieces I think he will make us hate Pioli even more.

Buck 11-09-2012 01:16 AM

U fukn kidn me bro?