ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Obama Green Lights UN Gun Grab Hours after Election (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266447)

BucEyedPea 11-10-2012 02:50 PM

Obama Green Lights UN Gun Grab Hours after Election
 
Reuters

Just hours after he was reelected U.N. arms treaty is backed. Looks like he really is going to govern like Allende still.
"U.N. delegates and gun control activists have complained that talks collapsed in July largely because Obama feared attacks from Republican rival Mitt Romney if his administration was seen as supporting the pact, a charge Washington denies."
"But the U.N. General Assembly's disarmament committee moved quickly after Obama's win to approve a resolution calling for a new round of talks March 18-28. It passed with 157 votes in favor, none against and 18 abstentions."

"Britain, France and Germany joined China and the United States in support of the resolution."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...21107?irpc=932

La literatura 11-10-2012 02:55 PM

What's your opposition to this? Do you think the UN is going to take your guns away?

stonedstooge 11-10-2012 02:56 PM

So instead of taking guns away in the US, it will take jobs away?

La literatura 11-10-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9103878)
So instead of taking guns away in the US, it will take jobs away?

How many US jobs are sustained by illicit international gun trade?

LiveSteam 11-10-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9103889)
How many US jobs are sustained by illicit international gun trade?

Own any guns?

BucEyedPea 11-10-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9103878)
So instead of taking guns away in the US, it will take jobs away?

It targets gun trade and ownership. The language of the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) uses the term "all aspects" throughout the document. It lacks clear definitions.

There is a .pdf here:

Document can be seen at: UN’s “Outcome document” for the Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspectshttp://iapcar.org/?tag=arms-trade-treaty

Section III, Paragraphs 7 and 8 of the Programme of Action
It sounds on the surface to just be about regulating control of weapons from rogue nations but..."strengthening and enforcement of national laws, regulations and administrative procedures to prevent the illicit trade and illegal manufacture of small arms and light weapons, the development of national action plans, ..."

J Diddy 11-10-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9103923)
It targets gun trade and ownership. The language of the Arms Trade Treaty (ATT) uses the term "all aspects" throughout the document. It lacks clear definitions.

There is a .pdf here:

Document can be seen at: UN’s “Outcome document” for the Programme of Action to Prevent, Combat and Eradicate the Illicit Trade in Small Arms and Light Weapons in All Its Aspectshttp://iapcar.org/?tag=arms-trade-treaty

Section III, Paragraphs 7 and 8 of the Programme of Action
It sounds on the surface to just be about regulating control of weapons from rogue nations but..."strengthening and enforcement of national laws, regulations and administrative procedures to prevent the illicit trade and illegal manufacture of small arms and light weapons, the development of national action plans, ..."

Real quick. What is your objection to strengthening laws on exports that would make it more difficult to traffic weapons?

LiveSteam 11-10-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9103925)
Real quick. What is your objection to strengthening laws on exports that would make it more difficult to traffic weapons?

The import part

J Diddy 11-10-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9103927)
The import part

I can't speak too much on this, because there is a lot I don't know, but I have questions

Is it felt this will help control the illegal arms trade?

mikey23545 11-10-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9103925)
Real quick. What is your objection to strengthening laws on exports that would make it more difficult to traffic weapons?

I need to hear Brian Terry's opinion on the matter before I can comment.

DementedLogic 11-10-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 9103956)
I can't speak too much on this, because there is a lot I don't know, but I have questions

Is it felt this will help control the illegal arms trade?

New laws are going to stop criminals from breaking laws?

BigRedChief 11-10-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 9103922)
Own any guns?

No, I don't own a gun. No interest in hunting either. But, I'm a staunch advocate of gun rights. Until you change the constitution, the constitution is clear.

This "Obama is coming for your guns" is just pure unadulterated bullshit. He's been in office for 4 years. He had a super majority in the senate and control of the house for two years, If he was just waiting for the right time to take away your guns, wasn't that the perfect time. This is a Fox News/NRA scare tactic. It's never going to happen.

J Diddy 11-10-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedLogic (Post 9103973)
New laws are going to stop criminals from breaking laws?


Well no. If that was the case nobody would be in jail, because those laws would have prevented them from doing the crime. However, making it more difficult to do has more value then doing nothing.

mikey23545 11-10-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9103982)
No, I don't own a gun. No interest in hunting either. But, I'm a staunch advocate of gun rights. Until you change the constitution, the constitution is clear.

This "Obama is coming for your guns" is just pure unadulterated bullshit. He's been in office for 4 years. He had a super majority in the senate and control of the house for two years, If he was just waiting for the right time to take away your guns, wasn't that the perfect time. This is a Fox News/NRA scare tactic. It's never going to happen.

Thank heavens Romney didn't win because he was going to rip up Roe v Wade, end Medicare, and put blacks back into chains.

Just like every other Republican president has done, of course.

J Diddy 11-10-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9104002)
Thank heavens Romney didn't win because he was going to rip up Roe v Wade, end Medicare, and put blacks back into chains.

Just like every other Republican president has done, of course.

I hear a little bit of sugar works wonders on sour grapes.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.