ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   General Politics Would Hillary Clinton be the most prepared Presidential candidate ever? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266490)

BigRedChief 11-11-2012 08:00 PM

Would Hillary Clinton be the most prepared Presidential candidate ever?

Not my candidate. Not humping that leg...yet. :rolleyes: But, as far as being prepared to to be President. Not going to get much better than this resume.

NY times article and my prose:

If Hillary Clinton ran for president again, she would probably be the best-prepared candidate in American history:
  • Graduate of Yale law school. Worked as an intern in the Senate.
  • Member of the impeachment inquiry staff advising the Senate during the Watergate scandal.
  • One of the first female faculty professors at the Univ. of Arkansas Law school. Ans female pardner at the Rose Law firm.
  • She lived in the White House for 8 years. Was a confident of the President. So much so that she and Willie got a lot of flack for a unelected person having so much influence. Went through the battles on the hill from a Presidents perspective with health care.
  • Served in the United States Senate for 8 years.
  • Secretary of State for 4 years. She would know virtually every head of state in the world and also has a strong opinion about the merits of the Peruvian minister of development and social inclusion.

DaFace 11-11-2012 08:02 PM

I was talking to a fried the other day and her name came up. I'd have to at least consider her if she decided to run.

Direckshun 11-11-2012 08:10 PM

She would be about as strong a candidate as you could get. There is almost no area of public policy where she would not have extensive experience working.

In addition to that, her gender would likely have the same electoral stimulative effect that Obama's race had.

I've said this in previous threads, but if Obama's second term goes as well as I anticipate it will, Hillary can literally run a campaign where she just parrots the accomplishments of Bill Clinton and Obama, much like Obama did with Bill Clinton.

So you have a prepared candidate, with historic capabilities as far as her gender is concerned, with two potentially very popular ex-Presidents storming the country on her behalf giving her a 3-on-1 against whomever the GOP candidate is...

Well. I'd hope the Republican Party could tolerate Christie enough to put him on the ticket, because I think he'd be the strongest possible chance the GOP would have.

stevieray 11-11-2012 08:14 PM

wow

go bowe 11-11-2012 08:17 PM

hillary for president!! :BLVD: :BLVD: :BLVD:

Direckshun 11-11-2012 08:20 PM

That said, I don't know if she'd be most prepared.

I thought John Kerry was surpemely qualified. To a lesser extent, John McCain was as well.

She'd be waaaaaay up there, though.

The major question: can the DNP get Joe Biden out of the way...

J Diddy 11-11-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 9107829)
wow

See Stevie even likes it.

J Diddy 11-11-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9107849)

I thought John Kerry was surpemely qualified. To a lesser extent, John McCain was as well.

I think everybody knows that Biden wouldn't win.

BigRedChief 11-11-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9107849)

Obama will. Biden would gaffe himself out of the primaries by Iowa.

listopencil 11-11-2012 08:23 PM

Depends on whether she gets thrown under the bus for Benghazi. Clinton-Powell '16?

BigCatDaddy 11-11-2012 08:27 PM

Since when does being prepared matter?

BigRedChief 11-11-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slick (Post 9107871)
Since when does being prepared matter?

That wasn't the question. Stay on point.

IMHO, the community organizer is doing okay. Was he prepared?

CoMoChief 11-11-2012 08:38 PM

My god......are you guys ****ing serious?

listopencil 11-11-2012 08:40 PM

As long as that empty suit is pressed and clean it doesn't matter who is actually wearing it. I've said before that you could cut the heads off of two chickens, prop them up against a fence with a D sticker on one and a R sticker on the other, and they would at least split the popular vote 49%/49%.

DaFace 11-11-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9107920)
As long as that empty suit is pressed and clean it doesn't matter who is actually wearing it. I've said before that you could cut the heads off of two chickens, prop them up against a fence with a D sticker on one and a R sticker on the other, and they would at least split the popular vote 49%/49%.

That's probably pretty close.