ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Anyone own a Hybrid vehicle? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266608)

KILLER_CLOWN 11-13-2012 10:37 PM

Anyone own a Hybrid vehicle?
 
Just curious, was thinking of buying either a hybrid Camry or hybrid Highlander. My brother in law usually does all of my repairs but says he won't touch a hybrid because he knows nothing about them. If you have a problem do you have to take it to a dealer? Any small repair shops that service them in the KC area(Overland Park specifically)? Anyone have any experience with them?

Dr. Facebook Fever 11-13-2012 10:40 PM

You won't have enough trouble with a Toyota to worry about a mechanic forever anyway. Do regular maintenence and cruise past them.

KILLER_CLOWN 11-13-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9117385)
You won't have enough trouble with a Toyota to worry about a mechanic forever anyway. Do regular maintenence and cruise past them.

My current Corolla disagrees with you, all cars break down..some more than others. I was reading horror stories about $9000 repair costs on some electrical parts. Just curious.

Dr. Facebook Fever 11-13-2012 10:45 PM

OK. I've had 2 Tacoma's and Camry. Seriously I never needed anything but an oil change and new tires. Had them about 2 years each. That's my experience.

edit... didn't buy any of them new.

Simply Red 11-13-2012 10:52 PM

I have a 3.2 A4 and pump premium petro - & **** yes I floor it all of the time.

Sorter 11-13-2012 10:53 PM

Yes.

KILLER_CLOWN 11-13-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117406)
Yes.

Feel free to elaborate, yes?

KILLER_CLOWN 11-13-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 9117404)
I have a 3.2 A4 and pump premium petro - & **** yes I floor it all of the time.

Lead Foots make cops happy.

KILLER_CLOWN 11-13-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9117391)
OK. I've had 2 Tacoma's and Camry. Seriously I never needed anything but an oil change and new tires. Had them about 2 years each. That's my experience.

edit... didn't buy any of them new.

I won't ever buy a brand new car, slightly used yes but never new. Looking for someone with experience in Hybrid vehicles...

Sorter 11-13-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9117443)
Feel free to elaborate, yes?

I drive an 06 Civic Hybrid.

The bastards at Honda ****ed me over when I got it, promising 50+ HWY and 40+ IT.

There was a legal case recently in which a woman represented herself and won close to 10K IIRC. There's a class-action LS but I doubt I'll participate. I've considered filing a suit myself but don't want to have to pay my buddy to represent me and would rather do it myself if I could.

Although, he is a wonderful chap and we could probably work out a good deal.

Edit* I am the only person to have owned said vehicle.

Simply Red 11-13-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9117446)
Lead Foots make cops happy.

it was sensationalized.

KILLER_CLOWN 11-13-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117453)
I drive an 06 Civic Hybrid.

The bastards at Honda ****ed me over when I got it, promising 50+ HWY and 40+ IT.

There was a legal case recently in which a woman represented herself and won close to 10K IIRC. There's a class-action LS but I doubt I'll participate. I've considered filing a suit myself but don't want to have to pay my buddy to represent me and would rather do it myself if I could.

Although, he is a wonderful chap and we could probably work out a good deal.

Edit* I am the only person to have owned said vehicle.

Ok so you have a problem with the MPG claims? What does it usually get?

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9117449)
I won't ever buy a brand new car, slightly used yes but never new. Looking for someone with experience in Hybrid vehicles...

Why not lease?

Simply Red 11-13-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9117453)
I drive an 06 Civic Hybrid.

The bastards at Honda ****ed me over when I got it, promising 50+ HWY and 40+ IT.

There was a legal case recently in which a woman represented herself and won close to 10K IIRC. There's a class-action LS but I doubt I'll participate. I've considered filing a suit myself but don't want to have to pay my buddy to represent me and would rather do it myself if I could.

Although, he is a wonderful chap and we could probably work out a good deal.

Edit* I am the only person to have owned said vehicle.


barter, absolutely.

KILLER_CLOWN 11-13-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9117460)
Why not lease?

I'm cheap and have a mechanic that does the labor for free. I know I should probably stay away from Hybrid vehicles but they do intrigue me.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.